PopSugar Must Have December 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the folks that got their "JOY" tracking, did you actually enter the code. Or is the complimentary after the fact code. I am waiting for tracking for an after the purchase JOY code that customer service said they would handle. It was said it wouldn't show on the order page, which I understand. What I don't understand is why there is no fedex tracking when it is promised (according to my email from customer service) by December 23rd.

For the folks that got their "JOY" tracking, did you actually enter the code. Or is the complimentary after the fact code. I am waiting for tracking for an after the purchase JOY code that customer service said they would handle. It was said it wouldn't show on the order page, which I understand. What I don't understand is why there is no fedex tracking when it is promised (according to my email from customer service) by December 23rd.
I did enter the code at checkout, and it does show on my order page which is the only way I got the order number to test tracking by reference. Looking at the details on FedEx, I don't see anything that you could use for tracking without some type of order info from PopSugar. Sorry I could not help more, but I really hope it will get to you before Thursday! 

I did enter the code at checkout, and it does show on my order page which is the only way I got the order number to test tracking by reference. Looking at the details on FedEx, I don't see anything that you could use for tracking without some type of order info from PopSugar. Sorry I could not help more, but I really hope it will get to you before Thursday!
Thanks @@naturalactions

Ughhhh.  My JOY code Dec box still says pending and isn't "trackable" through FedEx.  Just sent my FOURTH email to customer service.  I wonder how many I will have to send before I get a response.  I'm so upset as I really wanted to gift this box to my mom on Christmas Eve.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally received a shipping text from FedEx with a box from NEWBURGH, NY... I am under the assumption that this is my box.  And it being delivered today out of all things...  Here's hoping I'm right!!

Ughhhh. My JOY code Dec box still says pending and isn't "trackable" through FedEx. Just sent my FOURTH email to customer service. I wonder how many I will have to send before I get a response. I'm so upset as I really wanted to gift this box to my mom on Christmas Eve. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Did you try to contact them through the contact form on their site rather than email? They never respond when I email, but are good about getting back quickly when I actually send through their online form. Maybe title your message "Prompt response needed" or something to catch their attention. Also, select "other" as your reason, don't specify shipping. Good luck.

I cannot believe people still haven't gotten tracking yet. 

I've been with PS since they first started, and up until earlier this year my box was always here by the 5th or so of the month. I usually got my box before any spoilers were even posted. Now I get annoyed because it typically arrives around the 12th-17th of the month and spoilers are out way before that, so I can't even imagine the frustration people are feeling because they haven't had their boxes shipped out and it's the freaking 19th of the month. Ugh. When did all this start happening? I don't understand WTF has been going on with Pop Sugar lately.

Did you try to contact them through the contact form on their site rather than email? They never respond when I email, but are good about getting back quickly when I actually send through their online form. Maybe title your message "Prompt response needed" or something to catch their attention. Also, select "other" as your reason, don't specify shipping. Good luck.
I did.  It's the only way I've contacted them.  Someone DID just respond to me (WOOO!!!!) - no update on tracking or shipping, they just assured me it will arrive before Christmas.  Ummm, ok.

I havent gotten my box that shipped the 11th. It went to two different wrong post office places. It is a Secret Santa gift so it is pissing me off, but this is not PS's fault. 

I cannot believe people still haven't gotten tracking yet. 

I've been with PS since they first started, and up until earlier this year my box was always here by the 5th or so of the month. I usually got my box before any spoilers were even posted. Now I get annoyed because it typically arrives around the 12th-17th of the month and spoilers are out way before that, so I can't even imagine the frustration people are feeling because they haven't had their boxes shipped out and it's the freaking 19th of the month. Ugh. When did all this start happening? I don't understand WTF has been going on with Pop Sugar lately.
They changed the way they ship boxes when they changed the webpage in September this year.  Now they posted on their website that boxes will ship out by the 20th of the month, and still send them in waves like before.  Certain bloggers get boxes first at beginning of month, then around the 10th or so first wave boxes are received, then a majority come mid month-20th, and then they unfortunate stragglers at the end of the month.  For some reason they're having a hard time getting all the boxes out-like the system is screwing up customer info etc (so it seems).  So this will be the new "norm" as far as late boxes go.  

It's just hard if some people get the box 2-3 weeks later than others. I really don't care (apart from holidays) if a box arrives on the 5th or 25th, but it's always frustrating being active here or on social media if you're in the late group.

I think they just have to get rid of the shipping in waves or use them logically (the further away from distribution centres, the earlier the shipment) and people wouldn't complain. And be upfront .. if they had clearly said that boxes were being shipped expedited, there would have been less worry among those without shipping).

Anyways, both my JOY December box and the for him were picked up last night and are shipping Fedex overnight.

Sorry for this side-track, I'm posting a whine about shipping.

I think they just have to get rid of the shipping in waves or use them logically (the further away from distribution centres, the earlier the shipment) and people wouldn't complain.
My Dec. box was shipped yesterday expedited (overnight FedEx) from San Jose, CA. It went last night to Oakland, CA (which is slightly over an hour's plane trip to where I live near Las Vegas, NV). This morning it left Oakland and has arrived in.... Memphis, TN. I know they go hub-to-hub but really, their shipping drives me batty. The FedEx logistics people must have data saying it's cost-effective to send my box from CA to TN to NV (the non-expedited ones go to Phoenix, AZ in between TN and NV).

I should just resolve in future to avoid looking at the tracking and it will show up whenever it shows up.

Did anyone's necklace chain tarnish? I wore it twice and the chain is no longer "gold" now it's more like a copper.

I wore mine doubled up around my neck and when I took after the second day it was tarnished and looks awful.

So bummed!

Wow, I just love this box, the entire contents! The curation is fabulous and it mesh's so well with the Holiday Box. I must say that PopSugar and the various Mail/package delivery systems have come through very well for the holidays, I just have one more December box and one Her Holiday box left to be delivered! They were ordered only days ago, and I'm feeling confident that they'll be here very soon. I am so Very amazed that the Smart Post boxes were delivered 4 days early as well as FEDEX was hard at work today, Sunday, and delivered a Holiday box this afternoon, and I live 12 miles out of town.

Did someone else get double tracking for a single box? I missed the delivery today, but fedex says 2 packages, and there's 2 tracking numbers (both shipped), same weights, they'll retry tomorrow. I mean, i really did want an extra december box and was going to use the joy code but i think they ran out of december boxes and disabled the code, but... i thought i read someone else had the same thing happen and if it did was wondering the result...

I had two tracking numbers on my cyber Monday gift order. At first I thought it was the same box because sometimes I get two trackings for my birchbox and it turns out to be the same package. When it got delivered a couple days ago, it was two separate boxes. Will end up gifting the extra box to my little sister for Christmas. Also emailed popsugar to let them know the mistake but that was 2 days ago and they haven't responded.
I ordered a box for myself and one as a gift sent directly to my sister, and each of us received 2 boxes.  Not a bad deal, considering I bought both boxes with the Cyber Monday code!  But emailing popsugar about it is probably the right thing to do-- it hadn't occurred to me until now!

Did anyone's necklace chain tarnish? I wore it twice and the chain is no longer "gold" now it's more like a copper.

I wore mine doubled up around my neck and when I took after the second day it was tarnished and looks awful.

So bummed!
 It's plated brass, so it's not really tarnish -- the plating wears off when it's in contact with your skin. I'm not sure what you could do about that, but it's because the chain is inexpensive. You could get a gold plating kit to restore it, or try cleaning it with gentle soap and water.

Mine finally came in and the necklace is beautiful... I'm not really sure what I'll wear it with, but golly it's pretty!!  The bowl is probably my favorite item from the box, I was needing a trinket bowl (or something similar) to place on my bathroom vanity because I always take my wedding ring off in there and it's just gorgeous!  My mom REALLY liked the scarf and while I was considering keeping it I may pass it along to her... She typically doesn't wear scarfs and asked if she could wear it the Trans Siberian Orchestra the other day. 

All-in-all it was a good box, but I still unsubbed.  I used the $15 off code for it, so I feel like I got a good deal... But probably wouldn't have had I paid full price.  Plus, I never did getting a shipping email, only a text from FedEx.

I got my box on Saturday-exactly 9 days after I ordered it on the 12th.  I am shocked it made it so fast all the way from Calif to Penn.  My tracking page had the 23rd as my delivery.  Hoping everyone gets their boxes in time!! I really love this box and glad I treated myself to it.

Back