POPSUGAR Must Have February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been loving the serum and haven't had any problems with it. I have combination skin, but it's been generally very dry lately. Since using the serum, my skin has a healthy glow! I also love that it's a reasonably priced item that Im likely to purchase again.

Quote: Originally Posted by dbf0670 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been loving the serum and haven't had any problems with it. I have combination skin, but it's been generally very dry lately. Since using the serum, my skin has a healthy glow! I also love that it's a reasonably priced item that Im likely to purchase again.
Same, I actually really like the serum, and I also have combination skin which is currently being dry. 

OK, I've had time to experience the box.  I really like it, but I'm unlikely to subscribe again unless I can get another really good discount like this month.  Here's my thoughts:

The dreaded Dial Wash - actually smells really good!  I'm up to my ears in bodywash right now, so it's going to the kids as a bubble bath.  They both have super-dry skin, so we'll see how a lotion-infused soap does on them

Nourish Serum - will have to wait its turn til I finish my 100% Argan Oil.  If it works well as my new nighttime moisturizer, then awesome!  I already know my face responds well to Argan, hopefully having Safflower Seed Oil as the #1 ingredient won't change the effectiveness for my skin.

Cinnamon Hearts - They were fun to give to the kids and watch them flip out over "hot candy" (I'm a mean mommy).  Hubby will eat the rest.  I DID try them before giving them to the kids, and they seem more mild than regular Red Hots.

Lipstick, Nail Polish - Dupes for lipstick/polish I already have.  Going in my "to gift" stash.

Peony Candle - too floral for my taste.  It's already packaged up for a trade (that has been delayed shipping for Snowmageddon.  Thankfully I have an understanding trade partner!  I promise our roads are now clear and I'll be knockin' on the post office door at 9 am tomorrow!)

G+G Jewelry Roll & $25 card - absolutely the stars of the box for me.  My roll is well-made, zippers work, no stains or threads and I personally LOVE the color.  I'm hanging on to the card until G+G has another mythical "free ship" day, and then I'll make my move.  I have a pair of earrings from them I got last summer, and I love them.  

All in all, I am very satisfied, for the *discounted* price I paid.  I'll keep an eye out for future deals, and I'm considering saving up for a Fall Special Edition box (My b-day is in August, and I seem to remember them promoting that box shortly after.  Weirdly enough, one of the things I'm most happy about is that candle, along with a few other things, is getting me the Lulu Frost bracelet in a trade.  So it worked out really well for me in the end!

I hope everyone is enjoying their boxes (or will enjoy it once it shows up).  And here's to a fantastic month for all you regular subscribers in March!

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone know what the color the Model Co lip pops duo happens to be? Mine came without a sticker on the bottom and unfortunately the Model Co website doesn't sell these individually. All I know that it's not Showgirl Red and so that leaves Strip Tease and Boogie Nights. I'm guessing it's Boogie Nights.​
 ​
 ​
Cinnamon candies... yay! Not! Not fond of cinnamon candies.​
 ​
Like the candle.​
 ​
Have no use for this.​
 ​
Wasn't wowed at first but once I realized it had a lipstick I was wowed.​
 ​
Will try. I didn't like the body lotion from Ipsy but did end up using it all.​
 ​
Meh... Okay. I'll definitely use it but it's not a "wow" or "must have" for me.​
 ​
Aww! It came slightly open so it leaked into the cap and got onto the threads. Polish is in the state of drying out so it's thick. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Pretty color though.​
 ​
I'm fairly certain the lip gloss color is "strip tease".  I ordered something from them a few months ago & got a free lip gloss with my order.  It is the same shade as the one we just got in the PS box.  My freebie is labeled striptease, but the PS one is not labeled. 

I feel the same way about summer stuff. I'm sitting here wondering why I ordered it. I don't want sunglasses and sun screen and fake tan or whatever. I guess popsugar just asks me for money and I give it to them.

I feel the same way about summer stuff. I'm sitting here wondering why I ordered it. I don't want sunglasses and sun screen and fake tan or whatever. I guess popsugar just asks me for money and I give it to them.
I sincerely hope they aren't planning to put fake tan anything in the box. They will get a lot of complaints. I wouldn't mind another pair of sunglasses. I'm still wearing the glasses we got last year. I like them... the tint and weight, etc. but they are not flattering at all.

Does anyone have an alternate use for the jewelry roll? I have one that I like much more. It has straps for rings, spaces for earrings, etc. Much more useful. I do like this one too, but would rather use it for something else.

Quote: Originally Posted by mpatt01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone have an alternate use for the jewelry roll? I have one that I like much more. It has straps for rings, spaces for earrings, etc. Much more useful. I do like this one too, but would rather use it for something else.
I've heard people say they thought about using it as a clutch, and I'm currently using it as a wallet because I needed something with more space than the wallet I had - and it's cute enough that if I want to run into the store without lugging around my huge purse I can do so. A make-up bag for smaller travel products would work, too. Maybe someone with an office job or a student could use it as a pencil pouch type thing.

Makeup brushes, organizing eye/lip pencils, storing jewelry you don't wear much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Makeup brushes, organizing eye/lip pencils, storing jewelry you don't wear much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oooh, I love this idea!  Leaving it empty til I travel seems like such a waste, but this would put that little guy to work til I need him!  And I do need a place to put all my rings...

Thanks @yousoldtheworld !

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, I love this idea!  Leaving it empty til I travel seems like such a waste, but this would put that little guy to work til I need him!  And I do need a place to put all my rings...

Thanks @yousoldtheworld !

No problem! That's what I'm currently using it for - as I have more necklaces than will fit on my jewelry stands, and I can't gift it as planned since the stitching is all kinds of loose...but it's nicer than tossing those necklaces in a box, at least, and it's small and doesn't take up too much space! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I keep my necklaces on display on a stand. One for silver and one for gold. I keep my real gold jewelry ( I don't have that much)  In a jewelry roll in my sock draw. That's how I use my jewelry roll when I  don't need it for travel .

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG! Did you see this? Just ordered it!

https://musthave.popsugar.com/

I love there special edition boxes! This "Resort Box" sounds like it could have amazing potential.

Enabler!
wink.gif

I'm such a beach bum despite living in Chicago so I needed about 3 seconds to make my mind up.

Anyone else have issues with their polish? I just did my nails and while I like the color (and it turns out I don't already own a similar one!), it was super super thick and goopy and really really hard to apply. I'm pretty sure it's not me that's the problem--I've done my nails about 1-2x per week for the past 3 or so years, so I'd say I'm pretty adept at applying polish.

Did I just get a dud or does NCLA polish just suck?

Related: I hated the nail strips from Dec, they peeled off in about 30 minutes despite applying a base coat etc, so now I'm wondering if they're just a mediocre company that sells at high prices to seem nicer.

Quote: Originally Posted by roskandy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Anyone else have issues with their polish? I just did my nails and while I like the color (and it turns out I don't already own a similar one!), it was super super thick and goopy and really really hard to apply. I'm pretty sure it's not me that's the problem--I've done my nails about 1-2x per week for the past 3 or so years, so I'd say I'm pretty adept at applying polish.

Related: I hated the nail strips from Dec, they peeled off in about 30 minutes despite applying a base coat etc, so now I'm wondering if they're just a mediocre company that sells at high prices to seem nicer.
I got an NCLA glitter polish in one of my other sub boxes (maybe lip factory?) and I tried SO HARD to use it, but it was a horrible globby mess. It was completely unworkable. I know people think Juleps are like that, I personally don't, so if that gives you an idea of what I think is globby then... 

I was so PO'ed at it! Lol. I've neer been pissed off at nail polish but it was just.... unusable. I have yet to try with some thinner, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I have yet to try to pop sugar one because of it. 

My NCLA nail polish isn't gloopy at all. Perhaps the cover on yours was not on tight enough and it dried up?

Anyone else have issues with their polish? I just did my nails and while I like the color (and it turns out I don't already own a similar one!), it was super super thick and goopy and really really hard to apply. I'm pretty sure it's not me that's the problem--I've done my nails about 1-2x per week for the past 3 or so years, so I'd say I'm pretty adept at applying polish. Did I just get a dud or does NCLA polish just suck? Related: I hated the nail strips from Dec, they peeled off in about 30 minutes despite applying a base coat etc, so now I'm wondering if they're just a mediocre company that sells at high prices to seem nicer.
My nail polish went on really smooth but my friends was thick like you described. She said her top wasn't very tight when she received it and It had sat outside in the snow for hours before she arrived home.

Quote: Originally Posted by roskandy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah mine was pretty hard to apply too. However I'm impressed with how long it's lasted, almost a week and very minor chipping around the tips. :)

Yeah mine was pretty hard to apply too. However I'm impressed with how long it's lasted, almost a week and very minor chipping around the tips. :)
Mine wasn't goopy, but it did chip pretty badly a few days in. It wasnt too fun to take off either. It stained and took a few swiping trips to totally get off

Latest posts

Back