POPSUGAR Must Have February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My polish was not think at all, actually it was very much on the thin side compared to most polishes. I did not have any issues with staining on my nails but it did stain my fingers a little since I did my nails in a hurry (but only because they are so dry). I received a reply back from popsugar about my damaged zipper and they want a photo of the damage. They said they are happy to offer me a resolution.

Anyone else have issues with their polish? I just did my nails and while I like the color (and it turns out I don't already own a similar one!), it was super super thick and goopy and really really hard to apply. I'm pretty sure it's not me that's the problem--I've done my nails about 1-2x per week for the past 3 or so years, so I'd say I'm pretty adept at applying polish. Did I just get a dud or does NCLA polish just suck? Related: I hated the nail strips from Dec, they peeled off in about 30 minutes despite applying a base coat etc, so now I'm wondering if they're just a mediocre company that sells at high prices to seem nicer.
I can't wear nail polish at work, but I have the next few days off so I had to give it a try after reading this. I love the color! I don't have anything like it in my collection. As far as the formula, I much prefer Julep. This is very gloppy and the brush had a bunch of wayward bristles so it was impossible to get a clean look. I don't think I'd buy the brand, but I love the color so much that I'm really glad to own it. Usually by this point (a week or so after getting my ps box ) I'm finding more and more to love about the contents, but so far only the nail polish has actually held my interest. Hopefully March will be more of a winner for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine wasn't goopy, but it did chip pretty badly a few days in. It wasnt too fun to take off either. It stained and took a few swiping trips to totally get off
Mine chipped the very first day, actually, and it's definitely not normal for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by dbf0670 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been loving the serum and haven't had any problems with it. I have combination skin, but it's been generally very dry lately. Since using the serum, my skin has a healthy glow! I also love that it's a reasonably priced item that Im likely to purchase again.
Same, I actually really like the serum, and I also have combination skin which is currently being dry. 

Ugh. Jealous. I had to give mine to my brother's fiance..... I used it for 4-5 days and thought I loved it.... on the 5th day I began the worst breakout of my life (5 HUGE pimples next to my mouth... looks like the little dipper.... disgusting) and it still hasn't healed going on 5 days later. Very upset 
scream3.gif

Soooo.... I finally got my box. I am more disappointed with it in person. Usually, it's the opposite! I think the box looks so skimpy, b/c most of the items are smaller than I expected.

The item I was most looking forward to was the jewelry roll, but it's sort of lackluster. My necklaces can easily get tangled throwing them in one of the zippered compartments as it can throwing it in say...a zippered pouch or ziplock bag. I don't get it. I am going to fiddle with it a bit and see if I can make it work for me. I have a travel jewelry case from G&G but it has straps for bracelets, necklaces & such...as well as zippered compartments. It's rather large though and is really meant for longer trips. I tend to take shorter trips for work it'd be nice if I could make this work. We'll see.

I did a patch test on the serum and so far so good. I hope the polish is not too thick or goopy b/c that is totally a "me" color.

I am still so annoyed that I paid full price for this box. Never again.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh. Jealous. I had to give mine to my brother's fiance..... I used it for 4-5 days and thought I loved it.... on the 5th day I began the worst breakout of my life (5 HUGE pimples next to my mouth... looks like the little dipper.... disgusting) and it still hasn't healed going on 5 days later. Very upset 
scream3.gif

Omg I'm so sorry to hear that, it's awful!! I sure hope it heals soon :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've started using the serum on my legs. I have enough face serums to last a lifetime and my legs can use some love! So far so good. Very nice and soft!

Same, I actually really like the serum, and I also have combination skin which is currently being dry. 
I have been enjoying it as well and also have combination skin. I'm happy it is Winter because I can't imagine wearing a moisturizer over the serum--but it's working pretty well.

I finally got a response back from PSMH about my jewelry Roll. We just wanted to give you an update! The order for your replacement Gorjana Jewelry Roll has been processed and should be shipping shortly! Thank you for your continued patience and we hope you enjoy! Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we'd be more than happy to assist! Best, POPSUGAR Support So that is that! They are replacing it! Thank goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

scream3.gif

I really, really hate that you had that reaction to the oil... But I almost spit my tea while laughing out loud reading your "little dipper" comment. Some oils are just not mean for some peoples faces. I am super, super cautious with what I use, and as soon as I saw these ingredients I knew I wasn't going to use it on my face. Feet, elbows, forcibly applied to my husbands hella dry skin that he ignores, etc, sure. Just not my temperamental face.

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Soooo.... I finally got my box. I am more disappointed with it in person. Usually, it's the opposite! I think the box looks so skimpy, b/c most of the items are smaller than I expected.

The item I was most looking forward to was the jewelry roll, but it's sort of lackluster. My necklaces can easily get tangled throwing them in one of the zippered compartments as it can throwing it in say...a zippered pouch or ziplock bag. I don't get it. I am going to fiddle with it a bit and see if I can make it work for me. I have a travel jewelry case from G&G but it has straps for bracelets, necklaces & such...as well as zippered compartments. It's rather large though and is really meant for longer trips. I tend to take shorter trips for work it'd be nice if I could make this work. We'll see.

I did a patch test on the serum and so far so good. I hope the polish is not too thick or goopy b/c that is totally a "me" color.

I am still so annoyed that I paid full price for this box. Never again.

That was my first thought when I starting thinking about the logistics of using this case. I think I'll use it for makeup brushes instead, because I can just imagine the knotty disaster that would unfold if I used this for my necklaces and bracelets.

Mine chipped the very first day, actually, and it's definitely not normal for me.
Same here! I always use Orly Bonder + SV and usually don't see a chip until day 4ish at the very least. Quite disappointing.

The nail polish, on me, lasted for about 4 days before I got a chip and I'm pretty rough on my hands. And, the color was super amazing!

I used the Dial twice and man, when I do it's like a slip and slide in my shower. I usually use something from B&BW, and that does not have the same effect lol so yeah--makes showering an interesting experiment in maintaining balance with slippy feet. If I could, I'd use nothing but Caldrea (hint hint PS), but sadly it is too pricey for this girlie.

I really don't know what I'll use that jewelry roll for--I really think it is something I will just put bandaids, and other flat junk in and just stow in my purse or use as a clutch since you could put cards and money in there. When I travel, I'm usually wearing the jewelry I'll wear on the trip and if not, a small palm size jewelry box generally does the trick.

I've forgotten about the candle. I had it in my drawer to use as a sachet but alas, I haven't noticed anything. Time to take it out and see if it smells nice as is or if I'm gonna burn that puppy/turn it in to a gift.

The Model Co. is still working out well--such a good smell! I wish more lip makeup had such a pleasant odor.

Let us hope March brings us all pleasant surprises. Looking at that montage of PS boxes, I have to say--looks like there has been a bit of a drop off, let's get back on track! 
dance.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by goldendarter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

scream3.gif

I really, really hate that you had that reaction to the oil... But I almost spit my tea while laughing out loud reading your "little dipper" comment. Some oils are just not mean for some peoples faces. I am super, super cautious with what I use, and as soon as I saw these ingredients I knew I wasn't going to use it on my face. Feet, elbows, forcibly applied to my husbands hella dry skin that he ignores, etc, sure. Just not my temperamental face.

Hahahaha well I'm glad at least it made someone smile! Happy to report the little dipper is finally starting to dry up!

I just tried the zipper on my jewelry roll for the first time this morning - broken! Has anyone gotten a response from PS in regards to that? I send them an email today about the zipper and threw in some complaints about the crappy unraveling gloves from last month and how I'm sick of them repeating the same brands... interested to see what they say!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kittylasmu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Model Co. is still working out well--such a good smell! I wish more lip makeup had such a pleasant odor.
Yeah, the modelco lipgloss has a great scent! But my lipstick bullet was kind of smooshed. I mean, it's fine b/c it's not really a good color for me anyway, but still. Now it's just an oversized mini-gloss lol.

I've played around with the box a little more. My thoughts...

I sure scarfed down those red hots...

I am not having that adverse reactoin to the oil and hopefully I don't. I'm on day 3. My skin has been REALLY dry lately and it helped.

I haven't fiddled around with the jewelry roll yet but everything seems in tact, the zippers are a tad rough but haven't gotten stuck or anything.

I'm sure I'll use the candle at some point.

The ModelCo smells lovely, but I know I will not use that color...will trade that.

Will def try the polish, probably do a mani this weekend.

I have an abundance of body soap. In fact, I'm on a body wash lock down. I haven't even cracked into the Lulah body wash we got a while back! So, the dial soap will get sent to my sister to put on the "freebie" table on her ship. I'm sure there is a sailor in need of some body soap! 

I saw that little giveway on the PSMH FB page for the Lollia gift set. I wonder if there will be a sample in the March box? Must resist resubbing...

I've been using the argan oil serum almost nightly since I received my box and my skin LOVES it. I don't know why. Usually my sensitive skin breaks out at the slightest upset to its skincare routine, but it's been very pleased with this serum. I used to have a lot of redness near my nose/cheeks but that's faded a way quite a bit. I'll probably repurchase when I'm done unless one of my other subs provides a moisturizer that does even better.

Is there a coupon code for a 1 or 3 month subscription floating around?

Ask50, BOX10 are both expired. I only know of refer5. If anyone knows of a better coupon, I'd appreciate it!

I know this is late but, I am having issues with the zipper in the jewelry roll.  It unzips fine.  But, it gets stuck zipping back up.  I thought it was just me but, I had ordered another box and the jewelry roll worked fine.

I am thinking this zipper will eventually break.  I sent a message to POPSUGAR.  So hopefully they will get back to me with a suggestion on how to fix it.

Back