POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  There are a couple of posts on PS's FB page that the tech gloves don't work with iPhones. Can anyone with an iPhone confirm this?
I have a 5s and they work on the screen but to get into my phone I can't use the fingerprint scan so I have to type my  passcode in....major problems I face in life I know
icon_wink.gif
 :sarcasm to the 10th degree:

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have a 5s and they work on the screen but to get into my phone I can't use the fingerprint scan so I have to type my  passcode in....major problems I face in life I know
icon_wink.gif
 :sarcasm to the 10th degree:

I have a 5s and it works for me too.

Quote: Originally Posted by sarahinnola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also- just used the Rifle Paper Co code- not to be an enabler, but they have the cutest things. Ordered a pretty new phone case.
smile.gif

I think I am going to use my code on a phone case, too. I really like the designs they have but then I am covering the pretty gold on my iphone 5s. I think I want the NYC case. Which one did you get?

Also- just used the Rifle Paper Co code- not to be an enabler, but they have the cutest things. Ordered a pretty new phone case.
smile.gif

OMG! The phone cases are adorable!!

I just made the PB split smoothie on page 123 of the Juice Generation Book for breakfast and it is delicious! I added a half scoop of protein powder and it is the perfect breakfast to go along with the sore throat I woke up with today.

I got my box today!!!!! All I can say is that I love it...I love it more in person. The detox mask is huge! Along with that bag of pipcorn I just had some and it's delicious. I am not sure how truffle is suppose to taste like?? The juice book is interesting, it will definetly inspire me to drink/ eat better. Gloves are neat, very cold where I live so it's a plus. Nail files are great, I always do my nails at home so it's a bit plus for me. The calendar is adorable!!!! I don't like how it doesn't have the days of the week.

I have a 5s and it works for me too. I think I am going to use my code on a phone case, too. I really like the designs they have but then I am covering the pretty gold on my iphone 5s. I think I want the NYC case. Which one did you get?
I ordered the paint strokes inlay for the 5s. I live in Chicago, and they don't have one for here. The city one's were cute tho.

Got my box today too! I'm really sad the gloves were too big but I like everything else and am looking forward to trying the mask.

smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG! The phone cases are adorable!!
Yea they are! I was going to order one for my Galaxy S4 but wanted to see what the "front" of the case looked like and I did a google search and found the S4 cases are on sale at Anthropologie for $14.95! Guess I will be using that 10% coupon on something else :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box today too! I'm really sad the gloves were too big but I like everything else and am looking forward to trying the mask.
Glad I'm not the only one swimming in the gloves. They're pretty blah IMO, and I'm not a fan of such an open weave kind of design (they look masculine to me). Neutrals are great but there really wasn't any color to be found in the whole box. Even the calendar is pretty muted, cute, but nothing I would ever be interested in buying for myself in the digital age (but I do make cards on occasion so that's my plan for it). The mask looks interesting and is a great size, and I'm curious to try the pipcorn, but otherwise the box was a miss for me. Getting nail files for me was like getting black socks for Christmas as a kid. Yes, I'll use them but they don't exactly blow up my skirt. I'm gifting the juice book to a juice loving vegan girlfriend, which is fine, but I would have preferred something I could keep/use since I just spent the last month buying for others. Juicing is kind of a niche market so it wasn't likely to have mass appeal. I opted not to renew my sub. My experience over the last 6 months has been about 50/50 like-dislike. Overall I'm glad I tried it. Maybe someday I'll try it again but for now I'm on to testing other lifestyle subs, specifically Social Bliss.

This box didn't blow me over, BUT I am pretty sure I will use everything in it so it was definitely worth the $40 to me.  I am still holding onto hope that I get a box I feel is amazing before my current sub runs out.  But if not...there are so many others out there that I want to try too!

Between my son and I, the pipcorn is more than half-way gone already...the calender is on my desk, I'll use the gloves since we definitely have winter happening right now, I'm excited to try the mask later tonight, and the juicing book has me all excited to try juicing at home (once I get a blender/juicer) and is something my boyfriend will likely use to get some new ideas for add-ins to smoothies he already makes regularly.  I also used the Rifle Paper Co discount code to order a couple cards for Valentine's Day <3

My box just shipped out on Friday, so hopefully it'll show up sometime next week? I'm excited to try the face mask and pipcorn, but I'm not overly thrilled about the calendar. It's cute but I have an office calendar already. Maybe I can find it a place in my room, otherwise I'll try to pass it along to someone who hasn't gotten a calendar yet (though at this point I'm sure that pool of people is rather shallow). I get gel nails done so the nail files are kind of a miss, but I will take them to work cuz you never know when one will be needed. I'll wait until I get the gloves and book to pass judgement. I am a big fan of green smoothies though, but juicing most likely won't happen for me.

I got my box today!!! I must say I am actually pleased with this box! Is worth the $40, bc it's all things I A. Wouldn't have thought of to buy or B. Wouldn't have wanted to spend $ on it! The mask is great, it's like Rice Krispies on your face! Lol. I'm gonna use the calendar in my desk at work and then next year turn the prints into a beautiful collection of matted frames above my guest bed! Gloves are thicker than I thought, better quality than the $5 regular gloves I have now that aren't tech gloves! The book may be used but it's a beautiful book for my shelve if not. Files, will be used and they're pretty if I loan hem out! Popcorn has already been given away to a true truffle lover (I'm not a fan).

Oh no! I just realize there is a hole in my gloves :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Looks like a stitching problem. I contacted Popsugar and am hoping they will give me quick response and send me a replacement. Maybe those gloves aren't great quality after all.

Wow! I actually LOVE this box. I wasn't sure when I saw the spoilers but everything is perfect for me! I love juicing, and this is a high quality book. Popcorn is delicious and these gloves are cute, warm and practical. For being a travel guru, this calendar is awesome. The only thing I'm meh about are the nail files, but I'm sure they'll get used. Now let's just hope my skin enjoys the mask and I will be one happy camper :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad and the gloves seem to be working just fine with both of them! I wonder why they said that...
wassatt.gif

I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad and the gloves seem to be working just fine with both of them! I wonder why they said that... :wassatt:  
They work perfectly fine with my I pad mini and my I Phone 5! Love them! I also love his box and am very happy with it! The only thing I was unsure about was the Juicing book! but thought it would be great to try out.

Since the gloves were huge on me, I gave them to hubby and they fit him fine. So I'm down to 4 items I get to keep (already gave away the juicing book to a vegan friend who loves green juice; I did a cleanse and if I never saw green beverages again it would be too soon!)

Latest posts

Back