POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used the mask three times and it's made me breakout every time. Is that supposed to keep happening? I usually have clear skin too, so I'm not really sure if this is the goal or what.
I think that is the goal. It is suppose to draw out impurities but I would never had dreamed I would wreck such havoc.

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used the mask three times and it's made me breakout every time. Is that supposed to keep happening? I usually have clear skin too, so I'm not really sure if this is the goal or what.

Quote: Originally Posted by indianaredhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think that is the goal. It is suppose to draw out impurities but I would never had dreamed I would wreck such havoc.
I thought it was just me!  I've used it 2 times and love the way it feels but stopped using it because a few days later I got 2 HUGE bumps on my cheek (that has since left a scar). I thought it was due to stress from my husband being in the hospital..nope..tried it again 10 days later and got another huge bump on my chin...I do NOT usually break out and didn't have this reaction when I started using my Clarisonic like some people do.  I'm afraid to keep using it lol so I'll prob give it away to someone.  My husband used it twice as well with not so much of the same reaction as I did but broke a a little.

Quote: Originally Posted by Canny Charlene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought it was just me!  I've used it 2 times and love the way it feels but stopped using it because a few days later I got 2 HUGE bumps on my cheek (that has since left a scar). I thought it was due to stress from my husband being in the hospital..nope..tried it again 10 days later and got another huge bump on my chin...I do NOT usually break out and didn't have this reaction when I started using my Clarisonic like some people do.  I'm afraid to keep using it lol so I'll prob give it away to someone.  My husband used it twice as well with not so much of the same reaction as I did but broke a a little.
I am so glad I traded this mask. I am having enough skin issues right now with this brutal winter we are experiencing in Chicago.

Send the masks my way! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I haven't had any problems and love the mask! Have yet to try the oil from February I've read mixed reviews on though. Always interesting how everyone's skin reacts differently.

Quote: Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Send the masks my way!
smile.gif

I haven't had any problems and love the mask! Have yet to try the oil from February I've read mixed reviews on though.

Same, I love the mask! I do have the breakout problem with the Clarisonic, but this mask is way more gentle on my skin than the Clarisonic... and I love how my skin feels after. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The oil is HEAVY. It works well for my skin right now bc it's so dry in the winter -- but I use only a little of it, and only right after I've showered and am about to sleep. I could never use it in the summer. I bet it would be good for the ends of hair too. I heard argan oil is great for hair!

I have a suggestion for acne scarring that has worked wonders for me.

We tend to use very drying products on our skin when we get a breakout, trying to "dry up the pimple." While that is great for the surface, it isn't so great for the skin underneath.  At my age, I don't breakout much at all anymore.... one of the awesome things about getting older :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />... but when I do get a spot, I treat it, let the product dry... say Mario Badescu or whatever drying product that you like... and then I put Walsporin on top of the spot to "heal" it.  I don't find that this makes any difference in the amount of time that it takes for the spot to go away, but when it does, you won't have the mark left underneath because you kept your skin hydrated.  I would compare this to when you have surgery, and you are told to keep the incision site covered and moist to prevent scarring.  I like Walsporin versus Neosporin.  It was recommended to me by two different dermatologists, and while I don't know what the ingredient is in it that makes one different from the other, I know that it works better for me. 

Also on the facial oils, try pressing a couple of drops into your skin versus rubbing it on like moisturizer.  A few drops of facial oil goes a long way when pressed into your skin while it is damp and warm, and it shouldn't leave you feeling greasy.  Can you tell that I LOVE facial oil?   

Has anyone actually used the coupon code and got the juice 6 pack? It expires next week and I'm tempted, even with over $20 shipping. Just wondering if it would be potentially "worth" it to do a one day cleanse with their juices!

I "almost" bought into that fad. Did a lot of research with some colleagues and concluded that, at least for me, consuming all that sugar without the fiber is just not healthy. Maybe if I hated fruits and vegetables it could be slightly beneficial, but I feel like drinking 33 g of sugar from any source is going to negatively impact me.

I've done several 3 day juice cleanses and found them to be a mostly positive experience. I'm a very active person so I use the time when I'm juicing to take break from exercising, work, obligations and to maybe do some yoga, journaling, binge watch Orange is the New Black… It is not for everyone though. Some people are really unhappy not eating. I also never give up my morning coffee. Call me a rebel but I really enjoy it and I only use homemade almond milk as an addition. :coffee: I find that eating a bit less and mostly raw and vegan for a few days leading up to the "cleanse" and finishing with a day of green smoothies and then adding in food slowly with soups and salads is the way to go. I usually do the juicing Friday through Sunday as the first day is the "easiest," second the hardest and third in the middle. My skin always looks amazing and if I do the cleanse like how I stated above, my digestion is great! I started doing them after I went off both control to help my liver get back on track. I plan to do another one soon. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Back