POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the comment that the face maskwas like to e krispies on your face. I loved the feel of this mask! And for dry skin it says you can use it as a cleanser and just tissue it off! Cool.

Grr--still waiting for my box which shipped on the 14th and has been in Sacramento since the 17th but somehow the storms on the East Coast are effecting delivery. Fed Ex, it's never left CA! I am in CA! I could have driven to Sac and back 10+ times by now to get the package, get it together :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know that I'm the odd girl our here, but I loved the January 2013 box!  The ball turned out to be really useful when one son needed to do OT so a duplicate ball was great as I could do it with him.  The bright pink watch helped another child lie quietly through many a diaper change.  I loved the hot chocolate, and the marshmallow bits have been repurchased several times as a winter treat.  I think the key is, that was more of a mom box for my life stage at the time.  I'm not sure that even if I had gotten it this year I would have loved it as much, as I probably haven't worn the watch in 4 months.  For me, this month, the pipcorn was okay but I don't love tiny kernels.  I didn't need a calendar, those gloves aren't warm enough for me to use, I don't understand why anyone needs a cookbook to make juice, and I have a lot of masks to use up already.  I am looking forward to next month's box.

I got my box today.

Everyone is right, that popcorn is the size of a small pillow, shockingly large! Also, flipping delicious.

I was so sad because the gloves don't fit--they are far too large. I don't have particularly small hands but the fingers on the gloves are a good .5" - 1" too big and now I'm sad because I was really looking forward to using them. When I put them on it looked like I was wearing dude gloves.

The face mask is also huge. From all the pictures it seemed much smaller, but that is a super grande product.

The calendar--tres cute and after the year is up I plan on doing something crafty with those images.

Nail files--meh, I can never have enough. Those can live at work for me and others.

As for the book...I have a juicer and a blender and all that jazz, but I usually just make up the recipes myself. I'll give it a go and if it's not too great I can always trade it in at the used bookstore.

Just still bummed about the gloves 
icon_neutral.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Kittylasmu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my box today.

Everyone is right, that popcorn is the size of a small pillow, shockingly large! Also, flipping delicious.

I was so sad because the gloves don't fit--they are far too large. I don't have particularly small hands but the fingers on the gloves are a good .5" - 1" too big and now I'm sad because I was really looking forward to using them. When I put them on it looked like I was wearing dude gloves.

The face mask is also huge. From all the pictures it seemed much smaller, but that is a super grande product.

The calendar--tres cute and after the year is up I plan on doing something crafty with those images.

Nail files--meh, I can never have enough. Those can live at work for me and others.

As for the book...I have a juicer and a blender and all that jazz, but I usually just make up the recipes myself. I'll give it a go and if it's not too great I can always trade it in at the used bookstore.

Just still bummed about the gloves 
icon_neutral.gif

Why don't you try gently washing them, and then put them in the dryer (best in a dryer bag) and try to shrink them?

Still waiting (impatiently) for my box.  Apparently when I got the notification that it had shipped it only had initialized... which was last Friday.  It actually shipped Monday when it left Watsonville, CA.  Tuesday it Arrived and left Sacramento.... and as of Thursday I have no update.  Usually I get my boxes within a week of when they ship, but generally I get the notification that they are in Chicago the day before I receive them and, since I've got nothing I guess my box won't be here until next week?

I'm rather sad about this because my sister and I are crashing at our Mom's house on Saturday night and having a slumber party of sorts with our two younger sisters before we head to a bridal expo on Sunday - it would have been fun to have the face mask so we could all try it for a mini spa night!  I was thinking that they would all get a kick out of the 'pop rocks on your face' feeling!

Has anyone else had an issue with their tech gloves not working? I've seen a few posts about damaged gloves but I haven't read through all of the pages. My gloves have no damage but I cannot use any of my touchscreen devices with them on. They just seem like regular gloves with the black fingertips. I have a cheap pair of tech gloves from 5 Below and they work just fine. I am so disappointed! These gloves are really nice and much warmer than the cheap ones but they're useless if they don't actually work. I emailed Popsugar. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pinkchick76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone else had an issue with their tech gloves not working? I've seen a few posts about damaged gloves but I haven't read through all of the pages. My gloves have no damage but I cannot use any of my touchscreen devices with them on. They just seem like regular gloves with the black fingertips. I have a cheap pair of tech gloves from 5 Below and they work just fine. I am so disappointed! These gloves are really nice and much warmer than the cheap ones but they're useless if they don't actually work. I emailed Popsugar. I just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks!
I did find that I actually had to act as though I was pressing a button, whereas normally (without gloves) I gently tap ..if that makes any sense. Once I did that they work fine it just took me a little bit to adjust to using them. Also as others have said the fingers are a little on the long side so I had to make sure the pad of my finger was inside the black section. It is a little annoying but after using them for a few days I am used to it. Hope my little tips made sense 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I .FINALLY. got my box! Had to stay spoiler free the whole time for my very first box. I don't know how excited I am about this box, it is my first and a little underwhelming. I will use the juicing book as I already love to make green juice and smoothies. I think the techie gloves are super cool, i've been wanting some to keep for years (i live in the desert so i couldn't bring myself to buy them, honestly). I used the mask and it did make my skin very soft.. so I then put it on my feet.... hahaha! I think the popcorn is a nice and very filling snack. The calendar is pretty useless so no need for that, and the nail files are just whatever. I understand they can't win them all, so i'll be anxiously awaiting the next two months to see if I want to keep going with it =)

Quote: Originally Posted by annielein /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I .FINALLY. got my box! Had to stay spoiler free the whole time for my very first box. I don't know how excited I am about this box, it is my first and a little underwhelming. I will use the juicing book as I already love to make green juice and smoothies. I think the techie gloves are super cool, i've been wanting some to keep for years (i live in the desert so i couldn't bring myself to buy them, honestly). I used the mask and it did make my skin very soft.. so I then put it on my feet.... hahaha! I think the popcorn is a nice and very filling snack. The calendar is pretty useless so no need for that, and the nail files are just whatever. I understand they can't win them all, so i'll be anxiously awaiting the next two months to see if I want to keep going with it =)
Pretty much sums up what I'm feeling, except for the juicing book. That won't get any use AT ALL. haha. It's not my favorite box, but overall I did like it.

Has anyone who emailed PS about the gloves gotten a replacement item or credit? They asked for a picture (which I can't send until I'm home) and said they would offer a resolution. Wondering what that might be.

IMO the gloves are low quality- I've wore mine around 6 times and there are threads coming out everywhere and they're super stretched out- almost too big now ;-( This is my first pair of tech gloves and I do see the merit in them. Its awesome to be able to answer my phone and text without taking off my gloves. I live in MI & this winter has just been brutally cold- I love the snow but hate single digit weather.

Quote: Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone who emailed PS about the gloves gotten a replacement item or credit? They asked for a picture (which I can't send until I'm home) and said they would offer a resolution. Wondering what that might be.
Just received my replacement pair today! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Verissmd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the same thing that happened to me. After I sent them photos they said they would send me a replacement pair of gloves. I have not received them yet though ... hopefully soon! 

I still haven't gotten my box guys! I weep every day. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
i haven't either. I contacted PopSugar and they said it shows as delivered and I have to place a "lost package" filing with the post office. Oh, goody. I have to wait longer. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> now that I know what's in it (Calendar esp) if it take much longer, I'm gonna ask them to send me another month's box. To be honest, I just bought techie gloves for $6 that look identical to the ones I've seen that were included and I have NO use for the book or the calendar ( I grew up juicing, teach others about juicing and healthful eating and have 3 wall calendars up and no flat surfaces to put the calendar on). The mask, I am like "meh". I just got a few new masks. I'd love the popcorn, not for $40 though. So...those are my thoughts. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If nothing else, I will gift, trade or something. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know if anyone else received a survey for the December and Holiday Limited Edition Box for Him or Her but I received one. I found it in my spam.junk mail folder.  You can choose which box(es) you received and it asked you to rate on a scale of 1-5 or N/A Love it being 5 and Hate it being 1 each item you received in the box and then the entire box itself.  

So if you haven't received the survey, check your spam. I don't know if they sent this to everyone.  This is the first time I received a survey for a box and I have been subbing for several months now.  I put Hate it for December. I feel like, finally, they are asking for feedback!

Back