POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used the mask for the first time and it tickled my face so much while it was on!  Anyone else feel this sensation?  Is it supposed to feel like that?

Quote: Originally Posted by Fashion Diva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glad I'm not the only one swimming in the gloves. They're pretty blah IMO, and I'm not a fan of such an open weave kind of design (they look masculine to me). Neutrals are great but there really wasn't any color to be found in the whole box. Even the calendar is pretty muted, cute, but nothing I would ever be interested in buying for myself in the digital age (but I do make cards on occasion so that's my plan for it). The mask looks interesting and is a great size, and I'm curious to try the pipcorn, but otherwise the box was a miss for me. Getting nail files for me was like getting black socks for Christmas as a kid. Yes, I'll use them but they don't exactly blow up my skirt. I'm gifting the juice book to a juice loving vegan girlfriend, which is fine, but I would have preferred something I could keep/use since I just spent the last month buying for others. Juicing is kind of a niche market so it wasn't likely to have mass appeal. I opted not to renew my sub. My experience over the last 6 months has been about 50/50 like-dislike. Overall I'm glad I tried it. Maybe someday I'll try it again but for now I'm on to testing other lifestyle subs, specifically Social Bliss.

Your post made me curious about Social Bliss so I signed up yesterday and got off the waiting list today. I wonder if I should take the plunge on the first box or wait until some reviews come out since it's a new sub. Also, we need a forum on here for Social Bliss:D!

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no! I just realize there is a hole in my gloves
frown.gif
. Looks like a stitching problem. I contacted Popsugar and am hoping they will give me quick response and send me a replacement. Maybe those gloves aren't great quality after all.
Someone on PS's FB page mentioned the same problem. It seems like a common issue with the gloves:( I would contact PS about it and see if you can get a new pair.

Quote: Originally Posted by lsarao /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had the same issue. Big hole right under the black part of the texting finger. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I emailed them a few days ago but still haven't gotten a response. Keep me posted on your results. Fingers crossed. 

Hopefully they'll get back to you soon! I contacted them about a problem I had with my planner from the Holiday Box and I heard back within 24 hours.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally don't really think they look masculine, just a little boring, BUT since they're so simple they'd be really easy to "spruce up", a little! could add some cute buttons or something to the cuffs, or a ruffle, or ribbon...could make them a bit more fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Oooh, I love this idea! I think I'm going to see what I can do to mine to make them more feminine. I don't like wearing things that read as unisex.

I'm actually a little disappointed in the popcorn.  I was hoping for a good truffle flavor, but I don't taste it.  Actually, my popcorn doesn't even smell like truffle.  Not that this has stopped me from eating almost the whole bag, haha, but it just tastes like salted popcorn to me.
Same here. Don't get me wrong, it's good popcorn but I don't really taste the truffle either. And I use truffle salt on a daily basis. Maybe I've deadened my taste buds with overuse, lol!

Your post made me curious about Social Bliss so I signed up yesterday and got off the waiting list today. I wonder if I should take the plunge on the first box or wait until some reviews come out since it's a new sub. Also, we need a forum on here for Social Bliss:D!
I'll start a new thread for Social Bliss. Good idea! I'm too impatient to wait for reviews. Guess that makes me a guinea pig.

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just used the mask for the first time and it tickled my face so much while it was on!  Anyone else feel this sensation?  Is it supposed to feel like that?

Mmmhmm, that's the bubbly oxygenating going on   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had a problem with my PopSugar box this month so I just joined MUT to see if anyone had some answers for me. After my subscription was about to end last month, I thought that I upgraded it to another 3 month subscription, but apparently I added on ANOTHER 3 month subscription. So this month I was billed for and received two boxes ... I've read a few threads and seen that this has happened to other people as well. When I contacted customer support, they canceled the subscription that I was now getting billed monthly for but said they were unable to refund me for the extra box. They said "...but we are unable to refund your duplicate January box. However, we would be more than happy to send you a package of our Favorite Items to remedy the issue! We would love to have you pass along a few items that you enjoy so we can make your package of goodies suited for you!" :confused:  What?? I'm so confused. Has anyone ever heard of this happening or had them say this to them personally? What are the 'Favorite Items' that they are talking about?
They often send you a goodie when you contact them with a complaint. I would take this email to mean they are going to curate a new box for you since they cannot give you a refund. This new box will contain items from past boxes. So, let them know what you like so they have an idea of what to pack for you. It sounds pretty darn awesome to me!

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no! I just realize there is a hole in my gloves
frown.gif
. Looks like a stitching problem. I contacted Popsugar and am hoping they will give me quick response and send me a replacement. Maybe those gloves aren't great quality after all.

I had the same issue. Big hole right under the black part of the texting finger. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I emailed them a few days ago but still haven't gotten a response. Keep me posted on your results. Fingers crossed. 
 I had this problem too! I took them out of the plastic to look at them and found a hole on the left glove. I emailed Popsugar yesterday (1/19) with photos of the damaged glove and received a response today. Here's a screencap of my email. They're going to send a replacement pair of the gloves that I will hopefully receive soon! (we'll see how long it takes, haha I've never needed anything replaced)

Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had this problem too! I took them out of the plastic to look at them and found a hole on the left glove. I emailed Popsugar yesterday (1/19) with photos of the damaged glove and received a response today. Here's a screencap of my email. They're going to send a replacement pair of the gloves that I will hopefully receive soon! (we'll see how long it takes, haha I've never needed anything replaced)

I received a replacement item from PS and they shipped on the same day I received an e-mail like the one above. It was shipped on December 23 and arrived on December 27. That's super fast, especially during the holidays. I was very impressed.

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received a replacement item from PS and they shipped on the same day I received an e-mail like the one above. It was shipped on December 23 and arrived on December 27. That's super fast, especially during the holidays. I was very impressed.
Oh wow, that's amazing! Did they send you a shipping notice email or did the item just arrive on your doorstep? 

Oh wow, that's amazing! Did they send you a shipping notice email or did the item just arrive on your doorstep? 

They didn't send a shipping notice. I was expecting them to but then the package just showed up so I was like "Looks like they shipped it;)" Hehe.

They didn't send a shipping notice. I was expecting them to but then the package just showed up so I was like "Looks like they shipped it;)" Hehe.
Hahaha, cool. I guess I'll wait for the gloves to arrive in the mail! XD

Yeah it's like a a little surprise wondering when it will magically arrive on your doorstep, hehe:D

They emailed me back today and said they'd be happy to help me resolve this if I could just send them photos of the damaged gloves (not sure why I didn't think to do that originally - duh!). So I sent them photos today and keeping my fingers crossed for an undamaged new pair to appear on my doorstep. Thanks for sharing my anguish! 

Not to be off topic, but with the talk of Social Bliss on this thread, it made me wonder if anyone has even tried Fair Ivy? It's a sub service with either a jewellery or a jewellery + other item option, usually things like a purse, soap etc. I have been looking for some boards or a group online to discuss it but I can't seem to find any. Maybe I have to create one on here:)

They emailed me back today and said they'd be happy to help me resolve this if I could just send them photos of the damaged gloves (not sure why I didn't think to do that originally - duh!). So I sent them photos today and keeping my fingers crossed for an undamaged new pair to appear on my doorstep. Thanks for sharing my anguish! 
Yay I'm glad they've emailed you back too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully you'll get your new pair soon after they get your message with the photos!

Quote: Originally Posted by queeenb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I won't be getting my box til the 31st :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> whatever

How is the mask for people with oily skin?
My skin is combo (oily and regular) and it was really nice! It bubbles and foams on your face and just left it feeling nice and fresh.

Latest posts

Back