POPSUGAR Must Have January 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box on Saturday. For me it's not a bad box though I still wasn't knocked out of the park like I hoped.  

The gloves were too big but they fit hubs great and he likes them a lot. 

I do like the mask. I'm not sure I'll buy another bottle at retail but I'll use it.

We haven''t tried the pipcorn yet. Which sort of surprises me. But we haven't. 

The files are awfully cute, but they're still just files. 

The calander is pretty, but if I didn't have a desk at work, I wouldn't have a place to put it. 

The book is pretty but, hubs wasn't interested like I thought he'd be. This might go on ebay. 

Everything but the book will get used, but, well...yeah. 

I got my social bliss invite too and am wondering if I, too, should take the plunge, though I'm not sure, especially since I splurged in the Escape Monthly limited edition chocolate box for Valentine's day (yum). I'm going to cancel my popsugar box for now. I don't feel like my money is being wasted, but after four boxes, I'm ready to try something else. The Nina Quarterly box looked awesome, but $100 for a box of surprises is out of my comfort zone... 

I got my box on Saturday. For me it's not a bad box though I still wasn't knocked out of the park like I hoped.   The gloves were too big but they fit hubs great and he likes them a lot.  I do like the mask. I'm not sure I'll buy another bottle at retail but I'll use it. We haven''t tried the pipcorn yet. Which sort of surprises me. But we haven't.  The files are awfully cute, but they're still just files.  The calander is pretty, but if I didn't have a desk at work, I wouldn't have a place to put it.  The book is pretty but, hubs wasn't interested like I thought he'd be. This might go on ebay.  Everything but the book will get used, but, well...yeah.  I got my social bliss invite too and am wondering if I, too, should take the plunge, though I'm not sure, especially since I splurged in the Escape Monthly limited edition chocolate box for Valentine's day (yum). I'm going to cancel my popsugar box for now. I don't feel like my money is being wasted, but after four boxes, I'm ready to try something else. The Nina Quarterly box looked awesome, but $100 for a box of surprises is out of my comfort zone... 
Check out the blog Ramblings Of A Suburban Mom for a review on the social Bliss box, she got her's today. Personally, it didn't look that great to me. I'm glad I waited to see reviews first.

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check out the blog Ramblings Of A Suburban Mom for a review on the social Bliss box, she got her's today. Personally, it didn't look that great to me. I'm glad I waited to see reviews first.

Second. I thought some of the things were kind of tacky.

They emailed me back today and said they'd be happy to help me resolve this if I could just send them photos of the damaged gloves (not sure why I didn't think to do that originally - duh!). So I sent them photos today and keeping my fingers crossed for an undamaged new pair to appear on my doorstep. Thanks for sharing my anguish! 
Yay I'm glad they've emailed you back too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully you'll get your new pair soon after they get your message with the photos!
Same here. They asked me for a picture and then got back after I sent it and said they would send me a replacement pair. Hoping the new pair is flawless. .

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with you all and I therefore cancelled my box as I think because of the box they sent her and the post they put on FB about rocker stuff! I think that is what they are sending everyone this month. And I definitely don't want any of those items as they are just not me and I wouldn't use any of them! I wrote them a long note and told them that I thought this box was suppose to have more class than that and I didn't want to continue with the boxes and to cancel my sub if that is what's going out in the boxes. I hope I wasn't to harsh, but the stuff really wasn't my cup of tea so to say!!! Well, I would hold off if you are considering to see where the boxes go and if they get any better before investing in them. Take care.

I just got off the waiting list yesterday but haven't sign up yet because I wanted to see some reviews first. And this box sure doesn't make me want to sign up. I stand by my post on the SB thread that a fedora isn't rock and roll...unless you're Steven Tyler.

And I just can't believe the bullet necklace. I don't know what's worse: The fact that it's an actual bullet (maybe it's because I'm Canadian but I can't stand anything gun related) or that the "chain" is the same stuff you find attached to bathroom plugs from 1973.

No, just no.

I just got off the waiting list yesterday but haven't sign up yet because I wanted to see some reviews first. And this box sure doesn't make me want to sign up. I stand by my post on the SB thread that a fedora isn't rock and roll...unless you're Steven Tyler. And I just can't believe the bullet necklace. I don't know what's worse: The fact that it's an actual bullet (maybe it's because I'm Canadian but I can't stand anything gun related) or that the "chain" is the same stuff you find attached to bathroom plugs from 1973. No, just no.
To each their own. I signed up and am still excited. Anything has to be better than Popsugar. Given that the going rate for hats is around $40, that would have paid for the box for me.everyone has different taste but it doesn't necessarily make it tacky. I could care less whether items match a theme. I just care about the items themselves. I liked the studded clutch and the hat, so that's good enough for me. The other lifestyle stuff I could care less about. For me it's all about the fashion. Then again, I happen to like guns. Not as fashion but I am in the military reserves....

Quote: Originally Posted by Fashion Diva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To each their own. I signed up and am still excited. Anything has to be better than Popsugar. Given that the going rate for hats is around $40, that would have paid for the box for me.everyone has different taste but it doesn't necessarily make it tacky. I could care less whether items match a theme. I just care about the items themselves. I liked the studded clutch and the hat, so that's good enough for me. The other lifestyle stuff I could care less about. For me it's all about the fashion. Then again, I happen to like guns. Not as fashion but I am in the military reserves....

To me the bullet necklace was tacky, but I wouldn't say the same thing for the hat. It's cute, but I'm not sure how wearable it is for most people. It's cute but I just know I couldn't pull it off, and there was nothing else in the box that I "had" to have. Maybe their next box will be better.

I wonder if anyone can answer this question...

I received 2 Popsugar Must Have referrals, meaning that I should get 1 box for free because I achieved 'Influencer' status. I had signed up for a 3-month subscription, which ended this month. When I log into my account, I see the following:

Next Shipment
Feb Box
Status/Next Payment
Feb 2014

I assumed that I would get the February box for free due to referrals, but that's not clear, based on the above language of 'next payment'. Does anyone know if I have to do something special to redeem the free box (ex. click a button to redeem the free box)?

I'm just worried about 2 potential scenarios:

1. If I cancel, I won't be able to get the free box (Popsugar's FAQs states that only 'active' accounts can redeem referral bonus boxes). 

2. If I don't cancel, I don't get the free box because my account states that my next payment is for Feb 2014 and then I'll have to pay full price. 

I hope this post makes sense - it is quite late on the East Coast and I should be sleeping, but instead I'm thinking about subscription boxes... 
blink.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got off the waiting list yesterday but haven't sign up yet because I wanted to see some reviews first. And this box sure doesn't make me want to sign up. I stand by my post on the SB thread that a fedora isn't rock and roll...unless you're Steven Tyler.

And I just can't believe the bullet necklace. I don't know what's worse: The fact that it's an actual bullet (maybe it's because I'm Canadian but I can't stand anything gun related) or that the "chain" is the same stuff you find attached to bathroom plugs from 1973.

No, just no.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with you all and I therefore cancelled my box as I think because of the box they sent her and the post they put on FB about rocker stuff! I think that is what they are sending everyone this month. And I definitely don't want any of those items as they are just not me and I wouldn't use any of them! I wrote them a long note and told them that I thought this box was suppose to have more class than that and I didn't want to continue with the boxes and to cancel my sub if that is what's going out in the boxes. I hope I wasn't to harsh, but the stuff really wasn't my cup of tea so to say!!! Well, I would hold off if you are considering to see where the boxes go and if they get any better before investing in them. Take care.
Might want to bite your tongues a little.  There are girls here who are still excited for the box, or who would like the items in it.  Calling it classless and tacky isn't super nice.  

BTW, it's not an actual bullet.  It's a cartridge casing.  Can't tell from the photo if it's spent or not.

Quote: Originally Posted by MichiChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To me the bullet necklace was tacky, but I wouldn't say the same thing for the hat. It's cute, but I'm not sure how wearable it is for most people. It's cute but I just know I couldn't pull it off, and there was nothing else in the box that I "had" to have. Maybe their next box will be better.
I LOVE the necklace and the creators meaning behind it. http://www.shieldandhonor.com/about/our-story,  I work for the Army in Weapons and Defense Research and Development and I know a lot of women who would love this necklace, plus I am a former Marine.  I think the necklace is awesome and done in a classy way.  We each have out own opinions.  What one person deems classy, another may deem classless.  There is no reason to be rude or not nice to someone for what they like, even if it's different than someone else's taste.

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Might want to bite your tongues a little.  There are girls here who are still excited for the box, or who would like the items in it.  Calling it classless and tacky isn't super nice.  

BTW, it's not an actual bullet.  It's a cartridge casing.  Can't tell from the photo if it's spent or not.

Agreed.  The bullet casings are spent (it says it on the website).  The idea for the line of jewelry is quite inspiring and a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I LOVE the necklace and the creators meaning behind it. http://www.shieldandhonor.com/about/our-story,  I work for the Army in Weapons and Defense Research and Development and I know a lot of women who would love this necklace, plus I am a former Marine.  I think the necklace is awesome and done in a classy way.  We each have out own opinions.  What one person deems classy, another may deem classless.  There is no reason to be rude or not nice to someone for what they like, even if it's different than someone else's taste.

Agreed.  The bullet casings are spent (it says it on the website).  The idea for the line of jewelry is quite inspiring and a portion of the proceeds are donated to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. 
Oh cool, I didn't click through to the website itself, just saw the photo on the blog.  Really awesome of the company to donate some money, thanks for the info. 

Quote: Originally Posted by emwdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I had a problem with my PopSugar box this month so I just joined MUT to see if anyone had some answers for me. After my subscription was about to end last month, I thought that I upgraded it to another 3 month subscription, but apparently I added on ANOTHER 3 month subscription. So this month I was billed for and received two boxes ... I've read a few threads and seen that this has happened to other people as well. When I contacted customer support, they canceled the subscription that I was now getting billed monthly for but said they were unable to refund me for the extra box. They said "...but we are unable to refund your duplicate January box. However, we would be more than happy to send you a package of our Favorite Items to remedy the issue! We would love to have you pass along a few items that you enjoy so we can make your package of goodies suited for you!"

confused.gif
 What?? I'm so confused. Has anyone ever heard of this happening or had them say this to them personally? What are the 'Favorite Items' that they are talking about?
what ended up happening?  same thing happened to me.  Can't believe they opened a new subscription on the same account.  I would have started a new account with a new email address if I wanted duplicate boxes.  

I think the necklace and purse look cool! I'm more on the edgy/urban side though (but saying that makes me sound like a tool! Ha!). Hats are tricky though as everyone looks so different in them. I have a few but never wear them. I do think this box is geared towards a younger and/or "rock and roll" kind of gal' so won't appeal to all. I love that there are all kinds of subs for all kinds of women.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicolesegarra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does anyone have any recent coupon codes? Pretty please
biggrin.gif

NEWYEAR was the last one I know of but I just tried it and it's not working :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You might try waiting until closer to February's box and hopefully they release a new code.

Just adding another reflection on the Jan. box even though I know the convo is "old news" now.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I felt like every item had thought put into it.  It didn't feel like extras just thrown together.  It also had a more "grown up" feel to it.  No fluorescent pink rubber bracelets or watches!! Thank you, Popsugar.

I just tried the face mask and needed to check MUT to see other reactions asap - this stuff feels like POP ROCKS on your face! As someone previously mentioned, that's because of the oxygenation but holy moly! What a neat experience lol

Latest posts

Back