PopSugar Must Have January 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, how would you guys describe the plastic pieces? Are they small? Do any of you have lot numbers for the cream that contained plastic pieces? 
they are small, you can't really see them if you just look in the tub, but you definitely notice them when you start to rub it in, and then you can see them.

they are small, you can't really see them if you just look in the tub, but you definitely notice them when you start to rub it in, and then you can see them.
Yeah, one of my tubs definitely has little, sharp shards of plastic in it. Ugh. I am tempted to just bring it back to Sephora since I still have the receipt from the one I just bought last month, but I don't think that would be fair considering it was the one I got from PopSugar and Sephora shouldn't have to take the loss. What if the replacement from PopSugar also has the plastic in it?  :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, one of my tubs definitely has little, sharp shards of plastic in it. Ugh. I am tempted to just bring it back to Sephora since I still have the receipt from the one I just bought last month, but I don't think that would be fair considering it was the one I got from PopSugar and Sephora shouldn't have to take the loss. What if the replacement from PopSugar also has the plastic in it? :angry:
Take it back to Sephora. They'll be fine.

I have a feeling the replacements will have shards. PS doesn't always ensure that replacements are better quality. When they replaced that one leaky soap, I just got a second leaky soap.

That said, I appreciate that they are trying to resolve the problem. Perhaps, they don't have access to a different batch.

Yeah, one of my tubs definitely has little, sharp shards of plastic in it. Ugh. I am tempted to just bring it back to Sephora since I still have the receipt from the one I just bought last month, but I don't think that would be fair considering it was the one I got from PopSugar and Sephora shouldn't have to take the loss. What if the replacement from PopSugar also has the plastic in it?  :angry:
Maybe contact FAB company about it.  Chances are good you'll end up with a flawed replacement from the same batch through PopSugar.  

I hadn't seen batch numbers listed of the offenders yet. I would think we all have the same batch number. Mine is 4J64 EXP: 10/17. I haven't had a problem with mine yet, but then again my husband swiped it from me and returned it 1/3rd empty - so I'd have to ask him.

For those who liked the G.H. Creators chicago mix popcorn from a few months back, they are now selling it a Costco. I got a huge bag for $6. Yummy!

I tried to photo what the little plastic pieces look like, here are a few on my hand. I hope the photo uploads because I always have problems with that... image.jpg

For those who liked the G.H. Creators chicago mix popcorn from a few months back, they are now selling it a Costco. I got a huge bag for $6. Yummy!
I am getting a Nov. Box again, thanks to an old code, well supposed to get two. 

Weird part, fedex shows one departed a Fedex location in CA, then nothing. That was the 31st. 

Has anyone been sent replacement FAB cream? If so can you tell me the weight of the shipment box? This morning I did my normal stalking of Fedex/UPS/USPS to see what was on it's way and there is a box from PopSugar that weights 0.8 pounds. The thing is I've already received my February box and I haven't entered any contests that I recall, nor had I complained about any products being damaged or missing in my boxes - but I have this feeling that maybe it is a replacement FAB cream. Is it possible they are just replacing everybody's? The weight makes sense for that (the cream is 6 oz and then maybe packaging). I did FB message them because waiting until Thursday to find out what is being sent is too much suspense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone been sent replacement FAB cream? If so can you tell me the weight of the shipment box? This morning I did my normal stalking of Fedex/UPS/USPS to see what was on it's way and there is a box from PopSugar that weights 0.8 pounds. The thing is I've already received my February box and I haven't entered any contests that I recall, nor had I complained about any products being damaged or missing in my boxes - but I have this feeling that maybe it is a replacement FAB cream. Is it possible they are just replacing everybody's? The weight makes sense for that (the cream is 6 oz and then maybe packaging). I did FB message them because waiting until Thursday to find out what is being sent is too much suspense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Did this turn out to be the replacement package? I still haven't received mine.

Did anyone get rejected for a return due to the crystals?   I emailed and was told I was SOL (not in those words) today.

Did anyone get rejected for a return due to the crystals? I emailed and was told I was SOL (not in those words) today.
Who rejected you ? PS or FAB? PS replaced mine (I ended up getting another that also had the hard pieces.) I didn't contact FAB, but it sounds like they say it is normal. However, it looks like they still replaced a few for people.

FAB Cream Replacement Update/Rant so apologies for the rambling here but I have to vent.

As of this morning I still hadn’t received my replacement cream that I had messaged Popsugar about in January. They quickly wrote back to tell me it was out for delivery today. They also added that they had reached out to the manufacturer and confirmed it was crystallization and not plastic and that it was safe for use. Like others above, I disagree that this is just crystallization of the cream, at least in my jar, since I’ve seen that in other creams and this isn’t that. These shards never dissipate and remain firm and sharp on my skin. I feel like Popsugar/The Manufacturer’s rationale that the shards are ‘safe for use’ and therefore we should be good to keep using it, is not good enough for me as that still doesn’t make the product any more enjoyable to apply. I wasn’t worried about the safety of the plastic in the cream necessarily, but more so I was annoyed that the shards were there in the first place and that I had to pick them off my skin every time I used the product.

I guess I’m just saying that I would have preferred a “Sorry for the replacement delay….FYI we did reach out to the manufacturer and confirmed it’s safe to use, but we we’re still sorry you still had issues with the product ” type of email rather than “we’re sending your replacement, and by the way the original cream was fine to use so you really should just have used the shard-laced cream and not bothered us by requesting a replacement” type email. Maybe I’m being overly sensitive, but I think some re-wording on Popsugar’s end would have made the difference to me here. This is the only product in any Must-Have box that I’ve had an issue with, so I am treating this as an anomaly, but I definitely won’t be jumping at the chance to try more products from this particular brand any time soon.

PopSugar rejected me.  They said it was crystallization.  The end.  No replacement.  No apology.  Nada.

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I do not agree with that.

Back