PopSugar Must Have January 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My FAB Cream has these like weird little hard plastic-y pieces in it. like mixed in to the cream.

My FAB Cream has these like weird little hard plastic-y pieces in it. like mixed in to the cream.
Same here! I thought it was just me, but I've found at least 4 plastic pieces mixed it and I'm only less than 1/4 through the jar. 

Same here! I thought it was just me, but I've found at least 4 plastic pieces mixed it and I'm only less than 1/4 through the jar. 
I thought it was just me too! Or some reaction with other products I was using...or with my skin.

I've had way more than 4 pieces. I find 4-10 little pieces/shards/strands EVERY TIME I use it. And I've only been using it on my face so it is not like i'm using it a lot. I've probably used 2-3 tablespoons out of the jar. I emailed PS and they are sending me a new jar, so I would emailed them and ask for a new one too.

Mine has the plastic pieces too. I've only been using on my feet, but its still concerning.
Contact them! They are sending me a replacement. 

The pieces don't hurt or anything, i'll just be rubbing it on and feel these hard pieces all of a sudden and be like WTH did those come from! And then I pick them off my face. I had just finished some FAB cream sample foils and had no issue with those so I though it was very strange.

The pieces don't hurt or anything, i'll just be rubbing it on and feel these hard pieces all of a sudden and be like WTH did those come from! And then I pick them off my face. I had just finished some FAB cream sample foils and had no issue with those so I though it was very strange.
I ordered two boxes, but one was a gift order (for me.) Do you think its okay to ask for two replacements or will they flag my account about the gift order thing?

The pieces don't hurt or anything, i'll just be rubbing it on and feel these hard pieces all of a sudden and be like WTH did those come from! And then I pick them off my face. I had just finished some FAB cream sample foils and had no issue with those so I though it was very strange.
I am normally not one to send an email, but I decided to about this. I agree that they don't hurt, but it is definitely strange and takes away from the experience of using the product if you have to keep picking out the plastic pieces. Plastic aside though, I do like the cream and hope Popsugar will send a replacement  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ordered two boxes, but one was a gift order (for me.) Do you think its okay to ask for two replacements or will they flag my account about the gift order thing?
I ordered mine as a gift box, I don't think it would be strange to ask for two, you paid for them.

I am normally not one to send an email, but I decided to about this. I agree that they don't hurt, but it is definitely strange and takes away from the experience of using the product if you have to keep picking out the plastic pieces. Plastic aside though, I do like the cream and hope Popsugar will send a replacement  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I really like the cream too! I thought it would make me break out, but it hasn't and I think it helps soothe and hydrate my skin.

Popsugar CS was so fast! They got back to me in under a half hour and said they would be sending a replacement cream. They score points with me for their quick resolution on this one!

Thanks for the advice. I sent a message to them. Hopefully they will get back quickly to me too. I love the effectiveness of the cream, but once I got those plasticky pieces I decided I could only use on my feet and then I just kinda stopped using it.

It does seem like plastic. I took a piece and squeezed it between my fingers and it was very hard, it didn't crumble like dried cream would. Plus, it's towards the middle of the cream, not just flaking from the edges like it would from opening and closing and drying a little.

On the plus side, PS gave me excellent and nearly instant customer service and they are replacing mine. They are awesome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Eeeks, I should open my cream up and check it.  I just got my box yesterday.  I wonder if the replacements they say they'll send will be from the same batch and also flawed.  This hard stuff is not common in this product, it should be smooth/creamy only.  

And as much as I don't have luck with many hats, I tried this beanie on and actually like it.  It fits tight enough too.  Probably wont get much use for it until end of the year now, but oh well.  

It does seem like plastic. I took a piece and squeezed it between my fingers and it was very hard, it didn't crumble like dried cream would. Plus, it's towards the middle of the cream, not just flaking from the edges like it would from opening and closing and drying a little.

On the plus side, PS gave me excellent and nearly instant customer service and they are replacing mine. They are awesome. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't know if it's actually plastic but it's not hardened cream because I thought that at first. I had to go to Facebook to get a response :/

oh no did most people have a problem with the FAB cream? I just sold mine on ebay and I'm worried that I sent the buyer a defective product!

Got my box today, I should check the cream soon apparently. I do like the hat and the box overall, kinda sad I canceled for Feb. now. 

I already had a cream I bought at Sephora so now I can't tell that cream from the PopSugar one. I guess I'll just have to be careful when I open a new one after the one I'm using is up. 

Back