PopSugar Must Have January 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the 20 dollar Jan box, I did it as a gift like I usually do so it doesn't auto renew, except PS changed it. Now, even my gift auto renews! That is where the sold out is coming from. They are counting on people not noticing or canceling in time, hell mine hasn't shipped yet!. 
Me too! Has anyone gotten a shipping notice yet, for the discounted January boxes? Mine just says "pending". I want to make sure I cancel by 1/22 so that it doesn't auto-renew!

Me too! Has anyone gotten a shipping notice yet, for the discounted January boxes? Mine just says "pending". I want to make sure I cancel by 1/22 so that it doesn't auto-renew!
[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I got my shipping notice yesterday for my discounted gift box. I logged in and noticed my gift sub was changed to Feb, so I cancelled it today. I got an immediate cancellation confirmation email from them. So, I think Feb boxes will open up once people start cancelling like I did. [/SIZE]

The same exact thing happened to me too ladies. My "gift" subscription was actually auto renewed not to my knowledge. Glad I checked, and thanks for the heads up!

I hope my gift one doesn't renew! I'm afraid to cancel it because it hasn't shipped yet... Anyone emailed them about this?

I hope my gift one doesn't renew! I'm afraid to cancel it because it hasn't shipped yet... Anyone emailed them about this?

cancel it - i always cancel right after placing an order well before any shipping and i always rec'd boxes otherwise they will definatley charge you 

finally rec'd this from PS but no dates for any boxes!

We apologize for the confusion. To clarify what happened, regardless of referral credits, we need an active card on file for subscriptions which explains why your account has been closed. We've gone ahead and reactivated your subscription so that you're set to receive the remainder of your referral boxes. We truly apologize for this, but please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

uh, they are the ones who made my active card disappear!! i love PS but exhausting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed 3 times and ignored still. I think I should give up. I just keep getting the please update your credit card within 3 days nonsense. I'm guessing they just don't care enough when it's free.

yes, cancel now and you will still receive your remaining 4 boxes and then it will not auto renew

if I buy an extra box or anything I always just cancel immediatly after placing order, then I don't forget and it does not affect what you just purchased

still no JAN box, I am under VIP where I receive 6 free boxes for referrals - well they finally contacted me and said there was a billing error (I should not be billed) and they would send me JAN + FEB as a one time courtesy but I better get a subscription starting MARCH!! they clearly do not actually read my emails and what I wrote was short + to the point - unreal - I should have these VIP boxes through MAY....

a JAN box had been in the top part saying it would be the next box I would receive but after the "billing error" PS cancelled my account!! nice way to treat someone who got some friends to sign up - 2 were in my DD + DS names but still...

anyone else on VIP having any issues?

I didn't realize that the gift orders are now recurring charges. I ordered a second Jan box at half off. I was going to cancel my 2nd Feb box, however I'm considering holding on to it since it is sold out now. I often love the PS items enough to want 2 and the other stuff will be more swappable since the box is sold out. But if its a time sensitive item like movie tickets or something then it might be a waste of $40. What do you guys think. Keep 2nd Feb box or cancel?

In the recurring payments tab, it says date 1/17/2015, amount paid $0.00, and the order#. But at the top it says my next shipment is february, and the tracking is pending. Does this mean I never got a January box? Does this mean I never got charged? I haven't received anything but a confirmation email from them when I signed up and paid. This looks to me like I won't get a January box, just a February box. The confirmation email from 1/17 looks like I got the $20 discount, but this is weird. I want to make sure I cancel in time.  

Sorry, I went into orders tab and figured it out. OK, it auto renewed me. But it looks like my January box is pending. 

Where are you all seeing that gift subs are being auto renewed?  I bought the Jan box as a "gift" and my account still shows like normal, and not auto renew. 

Under the subscriptions tab it says next box Feb, but under next payment part it still says N/A, meaning one time purchase/no auto renew.  

All my past boxes I've bought as a gift option show exactly the same as this Jan box does.  

I e-mailed them to check and they said mine was auto renewable. I always make sure to check gift.  It said Feb next to shipping but N/A next to payment. I find the layout of sub info hard to follow. It also said 0 next to what I paid for the box and I did pay for it...

FWIW, the gift sub I got say "N/A" under next payment, so it looks like mine didn't auto renew?

So for the Jan box - my daughter took the hat (looked cuter on her), the tattoos, the cup (I like really big mugs of tea so this was more her size) and the eye gel things!  She also tried to pinch the granola - but I said we had to share!  So all I ended up with is the towel & the cream.  She says its the best sub box - I keep telling her I wouldn't know as she ends up with more goodies than I do!

Latest posts

Back