PopSugar Must Have January 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to get another fancy leather planner like the Graphic Image one from last year's holiday box. I'm sad that I'm coming to the end of mine. It would be nice to get another nice planner & a really nice pen. I lost my Nina Garcia one & I adored it. I also love the idea of a vase - something simple and chic, slipper socks, anything from Lunares, I also never get tired of candles & jewelry.

Hmmm lets see I d love to see 

A Fresh Sugar scrub or lip product 

Some convertible mittens 

Mugs 

An organizational home item

A Book

Blush palette

A fun hair item

I love Kettle Bell workouts so a fun new Kettle Bell dvd would be awesome or a Barre Dvd

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for all of you savvy ladies,

I stopped subbing from Popsugar before they did the overhaul on their website. Right after I unsubbed I reached the referral mark where I'm supposed to get a free box. I signed back up to get the December box, my question is how will I know if I'm getting my free referral box for January? Or should I email them to make sure they don't charge me? I just want to make sure my free box will carry over from the old website to the new one. 

Thanks!!

Question for all of you savvy ladies,

I stopped subbing from Popsugar before they did the overhaul on their website. Right after I unsubbed I reached the referral mark where I'm supposed to get a free box. I signed back up to get the December box, my question is how will I know if I'm getting my free referral box for January? Or should I email them to make sure they don't charge me? I just want to make sure my free box will carry over from the old website to the new one.

Thanks!!
You "should" receive January as a referral box BUT things have been a little cray since the changeover, so I would email them just to be safe ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree, I love the idea of a 2015 planner. I need to get organized. A bath product would be nice, healthy snacks, a fitness item (I need to workout!!) and a highlighter or blush to give a nice glow. I'm always up for a coffee body scrub (love the one from MSA01.

Popsugar has been hitting it out of the park for me lately. Would love a wallet. Other than that I'm open.

FYI........If you bought the, (I think it was the "JOY" Code) Holiday box and used a code to recieve a December box free and didn't check "this is a Gift" box for your December PSMH box, then you signed up for a reoccurring monthly subscription. So if you don't want to be charged for January's box yet, you may want to sign into your account and check on your status before January 1st.

Question for you ladies:  I'm thinking about cancelling my Ipsy and Sample Society subscriptions, so that'll free up $25 each month.  I've checked out the contents of past boxes and I do like the things that PS sends, so my question is this:  If you were in my position, would this be a box you'd pick up?  Are you happy with the items the majority of the time?

Question for you ladies:  I'm thinking about cancelling my Ipsy and Sample Society subscriptions, so that'll free up $25 each month.  I've checked out the contents of past boxes and I do like the things that PS sends, so my question is this:  If you were in my position, would this be a box you'd pick up?  Are you happy with the items the majority of the time?
Love the Patsy icon!  I started out with smaller sub boxes that sent out mostly samples and I'm really loaded to the gills with just about everything imaginable.  I've cancelled most of those boxes and added boxes like Popsugar, Quarterly & FabFitFun.  I like the quality of the items I receive and anything I can't personally use would make good gifts or a high value trade.  Popsugar is especially nice because it's pretty easy to cancel and then re-sub if a good coupon code comes along.  Bear in mind, some people have had issues with customer service but I have never needed to contact them because of the functionality of the website.  Hope that helps!

Question for you ladies: I'm thinking about cancelling my Ipsy and Sample Society subscriptions, so that'll free up $25 each month. I've checked out the contents of past boxes and I do like the things that PS sends, so my question is this: If you were in my position, would this be a box you'd pick up? Are you happy with the items the majority of the time?
I feel like I've tried every box and no doubt Popsugar is the best. It really does feel like getting a birthday gift every month.

I've been subscribing to beauty boxes for about 4 years now. I've seen a million come and go, I've subscribed and unsubscribed to almost every beauty box there is, and PopSugar has always, always been my favorite and the one I am the least disappointed with over all. Even the months that are less exciting are still well worth the cost of the box, and the "bad" boxes are few and far between, I think. In 2014, I think there was only 1 box that I didn't love.

As people have mentioned, The overloaded feeling I get from all the beauty subscriptions is intense. I have more product and sample than I could ever need. The great thing about PopSugar is that they include a wide variety of products. Food, home decor, candles, fashion, books, jewelry, and beauty...even more! I love that you truly never know what is going to be in a box each month. With beauty subscriptions, you know- beauty products. The options and products are endless with PopSugar, so it stays relevant and exciting for me. 

So long story short, it is MORE than worth it to cancel beauty subs that aren't working for you anymore and come on over to PopSugar! 

I've been subscribing to beauty boxes for about 4 years now. I've seen a million come and go, I've subscribed and unsubscribed to almost every beauty box there is, and PopSugar has always, always been my favorite and the one I am the least disappointed with over all. Even the months that are less exciting are still well worth the cost of the box, and the "bad" boxes are few and far between, I think. In 2014, I think there was only 1 box that I didn't love.

As people have mentioned, The overloaded feeling I get from all the beauty subscriptions is intense. I have more product and sample than I could ever need. The great thing about PopSugar is that they include a wide variety of products. Food, home decor, candles, fashion, books, jewelry, and beauty...even more! I love that you truly never know what is going to be in a box each month. With beauty subscriptions, you know- beauty products. The options and products are endless with PopSugar, so it stays relevant and exciting for me. 

So long story short, it is MORE than worth it to cancel beauty subs that aren't working for you anymore and come on over to PopSugar! 
That's exactly what I'm looking for!  I have giant boxes of samples that I probably will never make it through and most I was never thrilled about in the first place.  I'd love to receive candles, books, and home items!  I've looked at past items and it seems like such a good mix of things.

Ok...I'm going to do it.  Canceling Ipsy and SS and signing up for PS.  Thank you to everyone for your advice!!!!

@@Kimb3rly I know you already subbed, but I second everything @@MissJexie said!  I have been subscribed since January of 2012.  I unsubscribed when my beauty sub addiction was a bit out of control and I was swimming in products, but after a 2 month break I realized that PSMH was the one box I truly couldn't live without. Maybe like 1 in every 4 boxes isn't that exciting to me, but I find that I can either easily gift the items to someone who would appreciate it or I grow to appreciate the items over time.  For example, I didn't love the October box but the frame looks fantastic in my cube at work, the kids liked the candy and nail stickers, I gifted the candle to my cleaning lady when she stayed late and did an amazing job, and I wear the socks all of the time.  So even though I was kind of meh when I opened it, everything still served a purpose.  The only other box I think holds a candle to PSMH is the style quarterly by pashbox, but it's such a new subscription that I can't recommend it with as much confidence. 

That's exactly what I'm looking for!  I have giant boxes of samples that I probably will never make it through and most I was never thrilled about in the first place.  I'd love to receive candles, books, and home items!  I've looked at past items and it seems like such a good mix of things.

Ok...I'm going to do it.  Canceling Ipsy and SS and signing up for PS.  Thank you to everyone for your advice!!!!
Hooray!  Hope you love your first box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looking forward to January. I'm open to whatever, a pretty d sk or wall calendar would be cool, I wouldn't use a planner since my phone functions as one for me but I'm excited to see what we get! I'd love a beanie in a plush knit or an awesome pair of warm, cute socks. Or cute mittens.

I got an email from PS FINALLY reimbursing me for a double charge in NOVEMBER. AFTER I finally filled a chargeback with my bank. I emailed them 6 times in November and dropped it til last week. I hope this means they're getting their stuff together finally! So yay! That will pay for this month.

Any codes floating around?

Mine says Jan pending next shipment February.  I m curious if we get some spoilers in the next day or 2 the last few months the full spoilers came out super early in the month.  Fingers crossed its an awesome box to start off the new year.  Happy 2015 everyone hope you have a year full of hope, happiness, peace, laughter, love,and health!  Best wishes everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Back