PopSugar Must Have January 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic attached

14205346676282126956042.jpg

This jan box, while not as awesome as the nov or dec box simply because there wasn't a big ticket item that I loved, is still a great box!

I am liking the FAB cream, I almost was going to buy a tub at sephora because my skin had been so dry! Good thing I didnt!

Also liking the beanie, the reusable cup and the yoga hand towel.

Snacks are always appreciated. My hubby always ask what the snacks/food item is. I have only gotten two boxes so far, but the man is already counting the snacks as "his treat"

The eye gel and skin tattoo I'm very meh about. I probably will give my younger sis the eye gel since she is a grad student and prob giving her the tattoo as well for when she wants to go party? Lol

I am happy with this box. I was a bit afraid since I got the Black Friday deal that popsugar will drop the ball completely. Glad this box was a very well rounded box!

I would be happy with that box if I'd prepaid. It's not as much of a hit as the December box, (which is good, I can stick to my no-buy), but in a tally of months that make me want to subscribe verses months where PSMH is definitely not for me, it goes on the want-to-subscribe side.

The hat is cute! I don't know how I feel about the pom pom but I have wanted them to send a beanie forever! That company was in PopSugar with touch screen gloves last January, right?

I don't drink coffee but that cup will be perfect for cocoa or cider. That is probably my favorite thing in this box.

I love eye gels so I am happy with that but I don't really use moisturizer so that's totally wasted on me unfortunately.

I'm not sure what to think about the yoga towel. When I go to the gym I just don't sweat enough to need a whole towel for it. I'm sure I will find something else to use it for though? Maybe for a towel to dry my face after I wash it?

Those tattoos are the funniest thing to me. My mom actually put some similar ones in my stocking this year and said that "they're in all the magazines!" She thinks I am super young and hip so of course I would use metallic tattoo jewelry. Not so much, but I guess she must have been right that they are trendy. Maybe they will be fun to wear to a bar sometime.

Looks like the Nature Valley granola is Peanut Butter chocolate flavor. Yum!

Possible spoiler?

I know I'm new here but I just got back from an event here in Vegas and they have attendees an exclusive popsugar box (perhaps not the Jan '15 one but hey.. Thought I'd share)

A Jack+Lucy beanie

Pink Keepcup 12oz

bodyart Shiney skin tattoos

nature Valley protein granola

Yoga hand towel

TogoSpa ice water eyes

First aid beauty fab ultra repair can

Thoughts?
Did it come with an info card or anything? Usually it has one explaining the items

Possible spoiler?

I know I'm new here but I just got back from an event here in Vegas and they have attendees an exclusive popsugar box (perhaps not the Jan '15 one but hey.. Thought I'd share)

A Jack+Lucy beanie

Pink Keepcup 12oz

bodyart Shiney skin tattoos

nature Valley protein granola

Yoga hand towel

TogoSpa ice water eyes

First aid beauty fab ultra repair can

Thoughts?
thank you for sharing...i'll use everything in here. I'm super excited...always love my PopSugar boxes!!!

So excited to find spoilers already! I love the First Aid Beauty cream - I buy it at Sephora for $30 a tub, so I feel with that alone it makes the value of the box for me. I know an expensive cream seems kind of meh, but this makes my skin so soft and is a HG product for me! I will also definitely use the yoga towel and cup. Happy Tuesday everyone!

What a great curated January box! It is super on-trend with the fur Pom-Pom beanie and metallic tattoos (my daughter takes amazing photos wearing these - and in her summer internship the women all had fun trying them out together.)

plus I like the subtle healthy items - micro fiber yoga hand towel and granola.

My favorite - the Eco-conscious coffee cup! Eye gels - never use them but I think I should, so I'm excited to try them.

I think I'll give that first aid cream to a relative who will be visiting from England soon. As I live in Miami, she could use it more than me.

I'm happy when there's a theme to the boxes and one is so different from the next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really loving this box-- I'm super excited about the hat, fab cream (this stuff is perfect for winter months) & I can always use another coffee mug. I think this box was perfectly curated!!

Hello!

Just a reminder that social media links are NOT ALLOWED. Any photos from Instagram (or similar sites) need to be embedded in your post. 

Thanks!

Now the real question - I have a RueLaLa Voucher that I can use on a Jan or Feb box - do I get the Jan box or risk it and wait til Feb? Last years February box was horrible (recall that giant green dial body wash). January and March were better.

Advice?

I would use most of the items in the box but none are super thrillers...

The kickstarter for this was just funded on 12/12/14, so they have not been produced yet. However, after reading the kickstarter page this is an awesome product and I would totally buy one (or want one in my PSMH box!!) when they are released in spring!!
what is it? I can't tell from the pic on my phone.

what is it? I can't tell from the pic on my phone.
It's called the Sphynx, and its a portable disposal razor for those times you discover you missed a spot shaving, but you are already out and about. (I hate when that happens!) You turn a knob to rotate between water, soap and the razor. It is meant to be disposal, but it comes with 2 razors so it should last as long as the soap does. This is the description from their Kickstarter page. They also have videos posted there. 

Sphynx has all you need in a beautiful little compact case: 

• A refillable water container so you’ll never run out of water 
  • An all-natural organic soap that is quickly absorbed by the skin like lotion 
  • 2 top-quality razors included in the case 
  • A discreet and beautiful compact case so NOBODY knows you’re carrying a razor
 Simply twist the dial to switch between razor, soap, or water! 

I would have totally backed them if I had seen their kickstarter sooner, but I am looking forward to it hitting stores. This looks like it would be perfect for travel. I hope PS puts something like this in a future box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am LOVING this box. Give me all these items over a medicine ball any day! I think the only thing I won't use is the yoga towel (though I probably should, lol). The cup will likely be used the most and I am excited to try the repair cream and ice water eyes as I never have before.

I actually love those metallic tattoos too. I go to several music festivals over the summer, so they're fun to wear since it's usually too hot to wear actual jewelry at some of them. I bought some from Flash Tattoos last summer and they were $25 for a pack of something like 5 sheets, so I'll welcome any I get! Great box!

Back