PopSugar Must Have January 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! I need a hat so bad and last week I swapped for last years gloves. When they come I might have a matching set. Excited about the eye gels, I hope they help with puffiness. I will use the towel at the gym and I will use the cup. I have been wanting to try the lotion. It's a win for me.

Wow, I'm really glad I did not end up buying this box yet.  This is not a good box for me.  I'm too old/un-hip to wear those tattoos, I don't need any more cups, don't like that kind of granola, hate the hat with a passion, have no clue what the eye goo is, and so on.  Obviously every box wont work for me (or others), but this one just seems a little juvenile to me...or maybe I'm just feeling old since my bday in Nov?   :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   I do like the FAB cream though, if I were running low on my current stash this box would be a good deal if there was a good 10/15$ code again..and the rest of the items could be good gifts.  But as it stands, I'm still drowning in FAB products right now, lol.  

I'm glad some of you guys are finally getting your beanie hat! 

I am so not a beanie person, I live in a warm climate so that item will definitely be swapped. Also, the tattoos are not my thing. But, the rest of the box looks nice. I'm not blown away, but I always find with Popsugar boxes that I like them more when I have them in my hands versus just looking at spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this box! My only 'meh' is the grocery store granola, but my boyfriend will eat it up no problem.

It's finally cold enough to wear the knit hat from the fall box, but I would love a dark hat too, and one that matches those gloves from last year...what did I do with those gloves? Not too sure about the pom-pom but I hope it's cute.

The coffee cup, yoga towel (yay, I need one of these since I don't like to use the provided towels at the yoga studio), FAB cream, Eye gels love them all.

I'm a little unsure about the jewelry tattoos though, but I think they'd look nice as a mock bracelet in the summer, a ring would be cool too, if you could make it work. I'm curious about the size of them.  

Hmm.  Not my favorite box but I'm not complaining.  All the items will be used in some fashion. I used a RueLaLa voucher for this.

I'm excited for half the box and really meh about the other half. XD But as I prepaid for it with that awesome Black Friday deal, I don't really mind. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really like this box, I think I'll use everything but the eye gels. Ironically, I just bought three packs of the jewelry tattoos at Marshall's for $5 each because I thought they looked neat, but I can always add to the stockpile. 

I just realized how great the tattoos will be on my vacation next month. I always want to wear jewelry on the beach but don't want to deal with the hassle of taking it off when I go in the ocean or maybe losing it. This will be fun to try. I wonder if it creates tan lines though lol probably not right?

I just realized how great the tattoos will be on my vacation next month. I always want to wear jewelry on the beach but don't want to deal with the hassle of taking it off when I go in the ocean or maybe losing it. This will be fun to try. I wonder if it creates tan lines though lol probably not right?
This were my thoughts exactly. I am super excited to use them in Costa Rica next month! I was not planning on bringing any jewlery with me at all so it will be nice get a little bling on the beach with these.

I believe they actually do cause tan lines, but depending on what you apply where, it can look pretty cool. We have family friends who use to own a tanning salon and they sold stickers that you could put on your skin to get tan lines in the shape of hearts, dolphins or peace signs...everything that was cool in the 90s! Haha. I will look at these as a modern upgrade to those.

I prepaid during the holidays for the six months so got a steal of a deal. Super excited for this box. I love the FAB cleanser, so very excited to try the cream tub. The only thing I am not excited about is the beenie because my awkwardly shaped head has never looked good in a hat. lol, I've tried so many and I just can not make it work. But again for the price I paid I can't complain. Very very happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Obviously, I'm not very good at applying them yet, but I just put one on as a bracelet. Excuse my arm. Very shiny, reminds me of tinsel. I don't know if the brand included in the box will be the same, but my guess is similar, at the least. 

IMG_3551.JPG

I prepaid during the holidays for the six months so got a steal of a deal. Super excited for this box. I love the FAB cleanser, so very excited to try the cream tub. The only thing I am not excited about is the beenie because my awkwardly shaped head has never looked good in a hat. lol, I've tried so many and I just can not make it work. But again for the price I paid I can't complain. Very very happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I find that slouchy beanies are very forgiving for those of us who have trouble with other types of hats and IMO are pretty universally flattering. I hope you like it more when you get it.

I wore my flash tattoos to Bonnaroo (a 4-day music festival in the middle of Tennessee with no shade). I wore a fairly large one in the middle of my back and had a little bit of a tan line, but nothing serious. I doubt the thin ones one leave much of one, if any.

edit- sorry, I tried to quote, but for whatever reason my desktop at work hates MUT.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an interesting box for sure. Meh on the Beanie, I have plenty already that are "just in case" sitting in a basket. The ice gel eye cream pads are interesting....but they are ment for under eye area? Need it for the lid LOL! The mug is also interesting, would like to see that. The tattoo's just don't feel like a winter thing......during the summer maybe for my daughter if they were silver. I'm curious about the FAB cream, but I already have a abundance/supply of various ones waiting for me to try. (Just got done with a green apple "juice beauty" moisturizer sample from another box, (Mega-like!)I really wish I had more!) The yoga towell, I don't know... I don't care for the feel of micro-fiber (cotton all the way with me). Meh, on the granola. I guess It's time to pass for a month. But I do really enjoy getting popsugar boxes.... might be tempted if they offer a code, I don't know, I need to weed out my overflowing sub box stash and have a garage sale

I wore my flash tattoos to Bonnaroo (a 4-day music festival in the middle of Tennessee with no shade). I wore a fairly large one in the middle of my back and had a little bit of a tan line, but nothing serious. I doubt the thin ones one leave much of one, if any.

edit- sorry, I tried to quote, but for whatever reason my desktop at work hates MUT.
That's good to know thanks! Did you apply sunscreen over the tattoos each day or just around it? I still want to be sun safe, but I don't want the tattoos to come off right away either.

I agree about the tattoo, I think it's more of a Summer thing, or maybe for ladies who live in warmer climates. It does make a fun party accessory though, and definitely on-trend. I love this whole box, especially the beanie and the cup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This looks like a great box! I'm super excited about the beanie. So much better than another scarf. The cup looks neat too. I just got an Aeropress for Christmas and want more coffee "accessories" now. 

Anyone think the yoga towel can be used as a dish towel? haha (Exercise? What's that?)

Back