Popsugar Must Have July 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who like the coconut chips in the box, Trader Joes has these! I didn't buy them to try them, mainly because I wasn't a fan of the ones from the box! I just wanted to let you guys know :)

IMG_20140714_123441.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tip on the jumprope! Mine is super long.  I loved the chips as much as you, and can't wait to have more.  Since the Dang ones are more expensive I want to try out this recipe, figured you might too! - http://petespaleo.com/coconut-chips/
Thank you so much for posting this recipe link! I wanted to make these for my hubby since the Dang chips are pretty pricey and he really liked them. I used honey instead of maple syrup since I did not have any in the house and they turned out AMAZING! Even I love them and I normally HATE coconut. It is super weird to think that I am just sitting there eating coconut, but I am truly a convert with this recipe. 

For those who like the coconut chips in the box, Trader Joes has these! I didn't buy them to try them, mainly because I wasn't a fan of the ones from the box! I just wanted to let you guys know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Alas, the Trader Joes ones aren't as good. They are a bit more chewy/soft. Okay, but not great. They sell the DANG ones at my local

Co-op, but they are pretty pricey (about $4.)

Thank you so much for posting this recipe link! I wanted to make these for my hubby since the Dang chips are pretty pricey and he really liked them. I used honey instead of maple syrup since I did not have any in the house and they turned out AMAZING! Even I love them and I normally HATE coconut. It is super weird to think that I am just sitting there eating coconut, but I am truly a convert with this recipe. 
Yes!  I made the recipe with the maple syrup (from Vermont, so I always have maple syrup in the house).  I cut the amount of syrup and salt by half (when I was at Whole Foods I tried plain toasted chips and they were so good I didn't think they needed a ton of extra flavoring) and they are still so darn good!  I was surprised how addicting they are.  I've passed along some snack bags to some friends and they loved them too.  I think I'm always going to have these in my house now!  I can't wait to try different flavors combos.

Alas, the Trader Joes ones aren't as good. They are a bit more chewy/soft. Okay, but not great. They sell the DANG ones at my local

Co-op, but they are pretty pricey (about $4.)
I actually liked the homemade recipe better than the Dang chips.  Cheaper and so many more options!

HAT- Love....but....it's too tight for my head. I've been wearing for the last hour hoping it will stretch out. I really want to wear this around my yard and deck, it's always so sunny out there! I don't have thick hair, so I guess I just have a big head. I got the dark brown color which I'm really pleased with, it's dark enough to be subtle without being totally black. Style wise- doesn't look good on me. But, I don't care about style on my deck. I already wore it out there and it did a great job of filtering out the bright sun. I'm hoping it loosens up.
If that hat is woven seagrass (I think so?), wet it down thoroughly, gently stretch it a bit with your hands, and put it on while it dries. Those are designed to be reshapable, bendable, foldable, etc. I bought one for here in FL sunshine and I love it. Mine's more of the broad-brimmed sunhat style, but it should be the same principle. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hat - It doesn't fit! ))))))))): But, i looked online how to stretch it, so i will let you guys know if im able to stretch it enough to fit my head. For those who are interested in keeping the hat, google on how to stretch it.

Jumprope - Im used to weighted jumpropes due to my trainer, so this one is super light. Its alright, i finally dont have to steal my trainers! haha.

Sun Bum - I ALWAYS wear spf. people are pretty much tired of smelling SUNBLOCK on me, but I wear 100spf on my face daily, even during the winter so this spf is pretty low for me. Just threw it in my travel bag, great addition to the two sunscreens i do have! LOVE the smell!

Salad Tossers - These are going to be a xmas gift for someone. Im only 22 and don't have my own place so i have no use for these. The pattern is super cute tho!

Dang Chips - being asian, im used to foreign/exotic snacks. coconut chips aren't new to me. I was amazed how these tasted tho, loved them! If you're in the BAYAREA, i know SAFEWAY carries them. not sure on the price tho. I would rather make homemade, always the best route!

Straws - They're cute. never would buy them tho, unless i had an exact use for them. I threw them in my car just in case someone at a drivethru forgets to give me a straw w/my order. always prepared! :)

Mascara - I believe i used the other one revlon put out, the lash growth one or whatever in the PURPLE/PINK tube and i loved it. i can imagine this is really good as well. I'm a bit bummed tho bc i just bought another mascara before i knew this was in the box -__- oh well!

Overall a good box. i loved it. My sister who didn't like JUNE'S box, liked this one. so that should be all to it!

I finally got my boxes. 

It's funny because the two hats I got are the same color and style, but two different sizes! I compared and one is an inch bigger than the other. 

One fits me perfectly and the other one is too big and just odd fitting. 

Love the sunblock, and the coconut chips! My mom liked them too. 

The mascara is great, I'll definitely use that. 

The straws are cute but I don't like paper straws. I don't understand why people are making these out of just regular paper. Do they not understand that they're supposed to be waxed paper so that they don't get soggy in about 10 seconds? 

I might end up donating one of the hats to my work for a resident to use out in the garden. 

So I had intended to skip this box...then, like an idiot, I thought they were sold out before they actually were and resubbed too soon. SO, I ended up with it. It's okay, I like most of the things, I'm not upset, not excited.

BUT.

I look like a complete and total a-hole in this hat. LMAO. Oh well, I just won't wear it in public!

Photo Jul 25, 10 42 28 AM.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any physical stores that have the ACME straws or is it just online? friend is having a bridal shower in a few weeks and I want to get more!

Back