Popsugar Must Have June 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst coupon/voucher ever!!!  I added the "Jump" cable to my cart.  $49.99.  Site says Free Shipping over $40.

Native Union's math looks like this:

Jump Cable $49.99 - $15.00 voucher = $41.99

Has anyone had any luck with this crappy voucher?

Worst coupon/voucher ever!!!  I added the "Jump" cable to my cart.  $49.99.  Site says Free Shipping over $40.

I haven't either, I've been fighting with them via email the past few days!! They are super unhelpful.

Well, that sucks! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I guess it depends on what the card really is...  Is it a gift card, or a promo card?  A gift card should be redeemed like how you're thinking: total, free shipping, tax, minus 15$.  If it is a promo voucher, sadly it'll be counted before your order is totaled (the same as like those % off order codes everywhere), and your total will need to reach the shipping minimum after the promo.  From their math, it looks like they count it as a promo code voucher, not a gift card, so I doubt they'd be much help to you if you contacted them. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   

Somebody also mentioned earlier that they were offering a free phone case when you added the monocle to your cart... when they tried it, it only took off 7.50$ from their order, not the whole 15$.  But when they took the free phone case offer out it did the whole discount.  This is when I lost interest in their company, that is not good customer service in my opinion.  

I think we should let Pop Sugar know about the issues with this company's offering to the box.  Not in a "I want compensation" for it way, but as a in general way-so they don't do repeat business in the future with them if it is going to suck this bad.  

This is not specific to " Pop Sugar"-- But I don't know where else to put it because it's also not about beauty.

Brenda Novak currently has  a full length FREE e-book available called " Coulda Been a Cowboy". I compare it favorably with " One and Only", which is the novel in our June boxes. You will have to go to her website and get her newsletter to get the FREE ebook. It is a whole $1.99 on Amazon.com LOL. It's worth $1.99 for sure, IMO. 

Either way, I loved the book as much as the much more expensive one in our Pop Sugar box and I loved the emotional growth and development in Nora's story which I felt was lacking, or perhaps, uneven, in " One and Only" by and large. The sports theme is not as pervasive, and as a person who doesn't like football, Novak's book has greater appeal on some levels. It is not as sophisticated, although both books drop brand names like crazy ( must be a trend again from the 80's)

IF you have read "  One and Only" which came in our June box or just love to read like I do, and IF you have either a Kindle Fire HD, or have downloaded the Kindle app which Amazon.com offers free for everyone using an Android system, as far as I can tell, ( I have a Kindle Fire HD), well, Brenda Novak  has been and may still be offering a GREAT love story free on her website ( actually I got it through her newsletter which was in my Spam folder and I didn't keep it or the link- I'm sorry).

The name of the full length book is " Coulda Been a Cowboy" and while the theme is romance with a smattering of pro football thrown in, it's a great easy read for reading on summer travel, at the pool and beach.

I hope it's OK to post a message about a related freebie. I think the free download is limited time only. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say I really LIKED this box. Love the lotion. The towel is surprisingly great when I wrap it around my wet hair. And hair ties, wipes and chips are always welcome! The book may not be for me, but I love that it is a hard cover.

Has anyone started a July thread yet? I can't find one, but it might be the new site. Will someone more tech savvy than me please start one? I'm over the. June excitement, so it's time to stare speculating about July ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone started a July thread yet? I can't find one, but it might be the new site. Will someone more tech savvy than me please start one? I'm over the. June excitement, so it's time to stare speculating about July ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
And any good promo codes for July?

I gave the book an honest try .. read about 25% of it and then skipped to the end.

Not only is the personal story inside completely predictable and the main character simply not someone I could resonate or emphasize with .. the football talk was truly the most annoying thing I ever had to struggle through. It's not just football .. as in the game, it's completely pointless trivia about football history and culture (over and over again) which I doubt is interesting to anyone but the most extreme fans.

I really do not understand why they chose to include this book other than the colors of the cover. Will donate it to the library ...

I ended up cancelling my subscription. The boxes just don't seem to have enough value to me to justify the price .. I'm going to stick to the L.E. ones for now (I've never been disappointed by them other than the resort shipping/pouch debacle) or wait for a deal that gives me the regular ones for less than $30 (incl tax).

I wonder if the July box can be as great as I thought the June box was. 

I hope so, because it should ship by my birthday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think a TON of us have July birthdays. Happy Birthday, fellow July babes.

I finished the book. 

And promptly sent a text to my best friend:

'Just FYI, if you ever make out with my father, I'm disowning both of you.'

She was rather confused. 

The mint colored monocle (native union, mentioned in one of the earlier posts)

http://www.westelm.com/products/monocle-speaker-d1976/?pkey=e|monocle|1|best|0|1|24||1&group=1&sku=5750054&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules

is 24.99 + 20% off with coupon code HEATWAVE (ends tonight) + free shipping
Hi All, same website now has a 25% off code FLASH through 4th of July. Mint colored Monocle was $20.37 total out the door. Love my Monocle so much and I'm tired of sharing with my husband (it keeps getting moved around the house and I can never find it) so I think this is an amazing deal! Plus you can plug them into each other for increased sound.

Hi All, same website now has a 25% off code FLASH through 4th of July. Mint colored Monocle was $20.37 total out the door. Love my Monocle so much and I'm tired of sharing with my husband (it keeps getting moved around the house and I can never find it) so I think this is an amazing deal! Plus you can plug them into each other for increased sound.
Thanks! I bought one.

I just got one too, thanks for the code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finished the book. 

And promptly sent a text to my best friend:

'Just FYI, if you ever make out with my father, I'm disowning both of you.'

She was rather confused. 
Lol one of my good friends did date my dad . Maybe I should skip this book. I avoided TMI at the time no need to go there now...

Back