Popsugar Must Have June 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought of that too... but I figure I'd rather sit on a lounger or something more substantial.... I feel like sand would get through this thing so quickly that it would be a mess.
I am obsessed with swapping and I think your towel would be a highly desired item, so you would probably be able to swap for something good. But...those turkish towels are really cool in an unexpected way. I haven't used the June box one yet, but I am a total towel convert now after using the resort one. They seem like they wouldn't absorb much, but they do. And they dry so fast. I use mine as bath towels, since I don't really go to the beach. However, they roll up so small they are perfect for the beach.

For anyone who is disappointed by the texture of the towel, I would say give it a try before you decide you don't like it. It's one of those items I would have automatically swapped if I didn't already know how cool they were.

My box arrived!

Wet wipes: I will use this 'fragrant luxury' to wipe dog slobber off the car windows.

Towel: Cute! Stripey! But nowhere near as nice as the resort towel

SachaJuan: the minimalist bottle makes the rest of my bathroom look twee

Lollies: Will trade. Something that calls itself 'lollies' should be made of sugar

Book: I don't like football, but it seems like a relaxing read. 

Potato chips: too spicy, yet I managed to eat them all in about ten minutes

Coupon: They don't have the free iphone case deal anymore, so I won't use it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the May box more. I'm using that water bottle every day, and I keep the room spray perfume on my nightstand. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My box arrived!

Wet wipes: I will use this 'fragrant luxury' to wipe dog slobber off the car windows.

Towel: Cute! Stripey! But nowhere near as nice as the resort towel

SachaJuan: the minimalist bottle makes the rest of my bathroom look twee

Lollies: Will trade. Something that calls itself 'lollies' should be made of sugar

Book: I don't like football, but it seems like a relaxing read. 

Potato chips: too spicy, yet I managed to eat them all in about ten minutes

Coupon: They don't have the free iphone case deal anymore, so I won't use it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the May box more. I'm using that water bottle every day, and I keep the room spray perfume on my nightstand.
I love the idea of the perfume as room spray! I'm gonna do that.

What do you all think of the lotion? I'm on the fence, I'm impressed that the scent sticks around even after hand washing, but I think it kind of has a granny smell, but not necessarily in a bad way... I need you all to tell me if I like it or not ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box just arrived as well- I was pleasantly surprised by the scent of the Shiny Citrus lotion. It reminds me of my Oscar Blandi Jasmine Oil Serum. Smells great! I think the hair ties are cuter in person than they appear in pictures, I will definitely use them as well. Those are my two favorite items, though the book will definitely be read and the towel will get used.

I didn't expect my box until tomorrow, but it was such a nice surprise to get it today.  Today is my birthday.  I really like everything so far.  I love the lotion scent and the towel.  The lollies are super cute.  I was impressed with the amount of wet wipes we got so I'm sure I'll use those.  I read anything and everything so I'm sure I'll get to the book eventually.  I'm not sure I'll find anything to use the code for, but I'm getting a new phone tomorrow so maybe I can find a case or accessory I like.  Overall, I was not expecting to like this box very much but ended up loving everything.  

I got my box today but when I opened the box my bag of chips was completely open and chip and crumbs where all in the box. Grease even went through the cardboard the chips where in and got grease on the book (which I was hoping to swap). I was kind of disappointed and I really wanted to try those chips. 

All that said I love the smell of the lotion and those hair ties are so cute. I think I will wear them as bracelets instead of hair ties. I am going to wash my towel tomorrow and see if I like it. I love that it is wide and long. I'm really weird about towels. I want them to be really long and wide so I'm covered. Plus, I would love a new towel. I've been using the same Walmart beach towel for years. I may try to swap for a resort box turkish towel after hearing everyones thoughts. I think I might try and buy something with the Native Union gift card. I am intrigued by the Jump charging thing but at the same time 30% of charge isn't a lot. 

Also, Did anyone see on Native Union's homepage that if you sign up for their newsletter you can get 10% off. Not much but its still something. (oh wait never mind we can't combine that with the gift card. Darn. Not sure now if I will use it now. 

I got my box yesterday.  It was fine, but it wasn't my favorite PS box.  I read a lot, but this particular book is not for me.  The towel is nice, and now combined with the one I got in the LE box, I have a (sort of almost) matching pair.  I use body lotion daily, so this one won't go to waste, but I don't love the scent.  It reminds me a little bit of dish soap, for some reason.  The wipes are fine.  I can at least keep them in the car for emergencies.  I have long hair, so I can always use more hair ties.  I used one today, and it looked nice on my wrist and worked fine to hold my ponytail.  Finally, I love potato chips, but I don't really like BBQ flavored ones.  Those will go to my bf, who I'm sure will like them.  I haven't decided whether to use the $15 promo code yet.  I might decide to get a monocle speaker, but I hate paying for shipping, and I feel like I could probably get the speaker for less somewhere else.  

So I'll be using most of the items, but I'm not really excited about any of them.  Oh well.  On to July! 

My box should FINALLY be here today! Yay!

Also, not a June thing but I ordered my 3rd May Designs notebook today! I believe we got them in our boxes last fall. They are the cutest things ever and today they have a certain print that's 50% off! I just ordered an academic year planner a few weeks ago and I ordered a notebook today with the 50% off!

My box should FINALLY be here today! Yay!

Also, not a June thing but I ordered my 3rd May Designs notebook today! I believe we got them in our boxes last fall. They are the cutest things ever and today they have a certain print that's 50% off! I just ordered an academic year planner a few weeks ago and I ordered a notebook today with the 50% off!
which ones are 50% off? I've been looking/wanting one.

Oh, I can see the link from FB. THX!!

Last edited by a moderator:
which ones are 50% off? I've been looking/wanting one.

Oh, I can see the link from FB. THX!!
For anyone else looking, it's the Mermaid print in 4 color combos. Also I think all 2014 calendars are 50% off too.

For anyone who was interested in purchasing the mint colored monocle from Native Union, I noticed it on sale for $24.99 plus free shipping on West Elm.  There is also a code for a bonus 15% off clearance items: Sweet.  I ended up getting it for under $25 total with tax.

The link to the west elm page:

http://www.westelm.com/products/monocle-speaker-d1976/?pkey=e|monocle|1|best|0|1|24||1&group=1&sku=5750054&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules
thanks so much for sharing this! i have been eyeing the mint monocle since hearing about the code in this month's PS box. This will end up much cheaper than the code!

Hmm. . .I think I'll have to give the hair ties away.  They don't grasp my fine hair and I can't twist them more than once (if that makes sense) because they aren't stretchy enough and have bulk.  When I did get them to hold for a bit, the gold ring pulled a few strands of my hair.  I hope others could make them work with their hair, I think they're cute.  

For anyone who was interested in purchasing the mint colored monocle from Native Union, I noticed it on sale for $24.99 plus free shipping on West Elm.  There is also a code for a bonus 15% off clearance items: Sweet.  I ended up getting it for under $25 total with tax.

http://www.westelm.com/products/monocle-speaker-d1976/?pkey=e|monocle|1|best|0|1|24||1&group=1&sku=5750054&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules
Yay!  That is the color I've been wanting since seeing them.  That is so much cheaper than using the gift card!  

Hmm. . .I think I'll have to give the hair ties away.  They don't grasp my fine hair and I can't twist them more than once (if that makes sense) because they aren't stretchy enough and have bulk.  When I did get them to hold for a bit, the gold ring pulled a few strands of my hair.  I hope others could make them work with their hair, I think they're cute.  
I can't get them to work for my fine hair either.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   

They twist once like for you, and if I really pull tight I can do it twice, but then it pulls my scalp and gives a headache.  I can't wear them as bracelets either, they fit on my wrist, but are just tight enough to be uncomfortable/cut in some.  

The only way I can get them to work for a bit is if I'm pulling my hair up in a bun, it works for that for a few hours before falling out.  

Wow.  Thank you for letting us know.  I bought one. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow! THANKYOU Starlet! I ordered a few of the monocles! A late Fathers Day gift and a couple for my backup gift stash. At just over $21 a piece that is an awesome gift.

Back