Popsugar Must Have June 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone explain the hair ties to me? They're cute as bracelets (I guess) but they don't work as hair ties at all! They don't stretch, will go twice around my hair and be way too loose, and when I try to go for a third they rip my hair! lol am I doing it wrong?

This morning has definitely been a PopSugar day! Two June boxes and a third box with my missing items from my May box! Very pleased! I love the smell of Smell Bent Parfum! It seems to do a good job of masking the fact that I have six dogs, LOL, by the time I mess around with my fur-kids my clothing smells a bit...... this scent seems to work as a cover effect so far, and the scent just kind of boost my mood, love it!

The PoolBoy nail polish (May box) matches perfectly with the (June) Turkish--t towels! As well as the LE Resort box's bracelets (as pointed out by Shauna999 in the May Spoiler's ***thankyou Shauna999*** . I've got my mani-pedi appointment set for next Tuesday. Good start to putting together an outfit with the bracelets, nails done in the poolboy polish, and the towel utilized as a wrap over a swimsuit or sundress (possibly the book with you) as you sit outside in the park, poolside or at the beach! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*** thought!***(I wonder if one of those Mint Monocles might match-up with everything also????? LOL!)

I do love the Turkish towels, sure hope they wash up okay. I definitely would not want to wash on Hot, but they feel more like a towell IMO, the LE Resort one reminds me of a Quality heavy linen tablecloth, I know that that was made with half bamboo, but my mind keeps saying table cloth when I pull it out of the cupboard in my trailer.

I was excited to also receive the missing sleep mask (May box) It is so perfect for using in my trailer when we go camping, matching and all with the bedroom motif! It will be a huge help in allowing me to sleep a bit longer after sunrise (I'm one of those need darkness to sleep properly sort of people) The Lemmon wet wipes are also going out in the trailer, so awesome perfect for when we dry camp, probably will toss a few in the truck glovebox also.

I love the lotion, I have lots of lotion! Too much actually but I do like the scent of this. It is citrus, and reminds me of Lemmon meringue pie, medium sweet lemon, Not furniture polishy at all, I really like it and have applied it several times today.

I like the hair Lollies, would have used them as bracelets also, look so cute! But for me they pinch a bit uncomfortably, maybe after some use they will stretch-out and I'll be able to use them as such then.

Native Union voucher..... I will definitely use these, (could use more actually) I have been trying to find a better take along cord for charging my iphone, think I found it on their site, just have to do a bit more research to decide between the Jump Cable and Power Link. I am so tired of cords wrapping around stuff in my purse and of charging cords all around my truck (hubby and I always need two plugged in to charge our phones as we head into and back from town).

The Chips I put in the snack box, I am positive my hubby will consume them when he discovers them on his next trip to search the kitchen for munchies ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Very pleased with what the Mailman brought me today!

Another Popsugar camper!  I have tons of my Popsugar stuff stashed in my camper.  My favorite Popsugar items for the camper are the Govino wine cups (I actually saw someone else at the campground with them too!).  My sleepmask, towels, Pool Boy polish, Smell Bent St. Tropez spray, Zinger bottle & Swell bottle (great for wine at the beach) are also in there.  Popsugar makes camping so much fun!  I think I'll put the Olive Oil (Summer 2014 box), the lemon wipes, lotion & hair ties in the camper too.

Finally got my box!

Turkish towel-Love! Will use it as a wrap

Book-I'm always open to new authors and I'm happy it was a hardcover

Sachajuan Lotion-This is a nice big bottle and the scent is light; happy I got this!

Hair ties-My hair is too short to use but going with the other's suggestion because they do make cute bracelets. I got a black, gray, and black/gray/white combo

Chips-passed on to my friend

Wipes-going in the car for spills

Native Union voucher-will never use this but will see if I can pass it on to someone

All in all, I think was a really nice box. And of course I'm ready for July ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I just tried the towel as a bath towel, and Im surprised - it is AWESOME...so much more absorbent than my fluffy towels, and light so it stays up well. I need more!

Mine is in the wash as I type this.  I'll report back later how it survived.  
Okay, towel is out of the dryer!  It is much much softer after washed and dried than it is straight out of the box new.  I don't know how well it'll do as a towel, will need to test this tomorrow, but if it sucks-it WILL make an awesome wrap for the summer!  I like it! 

Can someone explain the hair ties to me? They're cute as bracelets (I guess) but they don't work as hair ties at all! They don't stretch, will go twice around my hair and be way too loose, and when I try to go for a third they rip my hair! lol am I doing it wrong?
No, not doing it wrong, they just are kind of awkward.  They claim to not stretch out, and seem to be one pass around too small to really hold hair properly without pain.  

Did anyone wash their towel?  I am wondering if it soften up after washing.
I mentioned earlier that I washed mine and it softened up. I did use fabric softener which apparently is a no-no, but I use fabric softener on all my towels and none of them seem to be the worse for wear (including the Turkish one). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> However, I will warn that it still isn't as soft as my other towels by any means.

I haven't used my BG gift card yet and it expires in 2 days, so if anyone wants it, message me.  I'll send it to the first person who asks.  Thanks!

I LOVE this box!!

The Turkish Towel has been amazing; I've used it as a wrap, scarf, towel and blanket so far. I want all the Turkish towels in the world now.

And I read the book on a 6 hour bus trip to visit my mom--it was a fast read, well-written, engaging characters, and surprisingly good. I know less about football than the main character's best friend, but it's really just a setting for a good story with character development. Definitely give it a shot if you were worried it'd be too football-y. 

I've only used the hair ties as bracelets so far, but love them as bracelets. I've tried using one in a messy top bun and it's OK. 

I haven't tried the lemon wipes but love the packaging, and the chips were a great snack after having too many beers the other night. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Overall, love it!!

For anyone who is still interested in the June Turkish towel vs. resort box, I finally took a shower with thr June one today, so I have complete feedback. Washing the June towel did not make it much softer. It is noticeably thinner than the resort towel and I was disappointed. However, I just used it after a shower and it was insanely absorbent. It sucks the water right in. It was noticeably more damp than the other towel, because of its thinnes, but even the damp parts still dry your body well. My hair is more dry than any towel I've ever dried with. Also, the towel wraps easily around my (not small) body. 15 minutes after my shower, the towel is almost completely dry on my towel rod.

So, the results of my test (and yes, I have too much time on my hands that I am typing this, but it's fun for me and I love reading what you all have to say so,I thought you might be interested. )

The winner:

Absorbency- June

Softness- resort

Size-June

Luxury-resort

Quick dry- June

Best looking-resort

Longevity-(don't really know yet, but my guess is resort.)

Love them both. I think I like the resort better and love the way it looks hanging in my bathroom. But, the June one might get more use, since I won't have to baby it and worry about ruining it. I think June will be my towel work horse and resort will be my special treat.

Either way, these towels make my other towels feel like slow drying junk.

For anyone who is still interested in the June Turkish towel vs. resort box, I finally took a shower with thr June one today, so I have complete feedback. Washing the June towel did not make it much softer. It is noticeably thinner than the resort towel and I was disappointed. However, I just used it after a shower and it was insanely absorbent. It sucks the water right in. It was noticeably more damp than the other towel, because of its thinnes, but even the damp parts still dry your body well. My hair is more dry than any towel I've ever dried with. Also, the towel wraps easily around my (not small) body. 15 minutes after my shower, the towel is almost completely dry on my towel rod.

So, the results of my test (and yes, I have too much time on my hands that I am typing this, but it's fun for me and I love reading what you all have to say so,I thought you might be interested. )

The winner:

Absorbency- June

Softness- resort

Size-June

Luxury-resort

Quick dry- June

Best looking-resort

Longevity-(don't really know yet, but my guess is resort.)

Love them both. I think I like the resort better and love the way it looks hanging in my bathroom. But, the June one might get more use, since I won't have to baby it and worry about ruining it. I think June will be my towel work horse and resort will be my special treat.

Either way, these towels make my other towels feel like slow drying junk.
Love it, thanks for the awesome feedback!

Does anyone want my native union coupon? I won't ever use it and I don't want to just let it expire like I did with the charm and chain one.

I found that I didn't like drying my body after a shower with the towel. It works just fine, but the scratchy texture just doesn't feel towel-like enough for me. It is kind of how I feel about shampoos that don't lather...it just doesn't feel right.

However, I tried the towel just to wrap around my hair last night after a shower and it worked really well. It is really lightweight and absorbent so it worked well for that purpose and my other towel stayed a lot drier as a result (I don't like drying off with a damp towel). I'm glad I found a good use for it after all! I also think this would be a great towel to take to the pool. It would make a good cover up and dry me off enough to make it home and shower off. Now of course I work the night shift and the pool closes at 10, so I'm out of luck in that regard for the time being.

I just ate my chips - they are really over seasoned and I'm normally a barbeque chip lover.  I like the lotion scent and don't feel the scent is too overpowering.  I'm not sure I'll use the towel for toweling purposes lol, it's just not soft and fluffy enough for me.  It will be a nice light blanket for the deck though.  This box was just meh for me.  I don't use elastics in my hair, wont read the book, don't use wipes and the coupon is such a dud for me.  So most of this will be passed on/thrown in the swap pile.  I think it was nicely curated though and definitely feels very summery, just not things I personally like.

Back