Popsugar Must Have June 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Megan2: Are you sure it doesn't say "Formulated in the USA"? Just before that phrase is where it says "Made in PRC" on mine.

I COMPLETELY forgot I even ordered a box this month, so imagine my utter shock when I got home to find it on my doorstep today!! I remember now that there was a promo code, so I actually created a whole new email address just to sign up for this month. The bad thing is, I cannot remember what the email address was to sign in and/or cancel  :wacko: :blink:

On the brighter side, I was really happy with this box!! I'm going to keep everything except the hair ties. I'm heading to Florida in less than 2 weeks (I live in KY) so the Turkish towel will come in very handy! I already tasted the BBQ chips-- YUM, and used the lotion-- it smells lovely! All that is left is the wipes which I will just stick in a drawer at work probably for mishaps, and the book which I intend to start reading tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that's soo tricky! I checked and saw it said "formulated in the USA" and I totally missed the PRC thing because I didn't know what it meant! Darn, that was my favorite item in the box, now I don't know if I should use them. Probably not safe for use on the face atleast.

Mine say "Made in PRC." "Formulated in the USA."

Again with the abbreviations! This brand feels sneaky to me...

I LOVE my Pop Sugar box. Got it yesterday and have already read the book. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The chips were very spicy but good..

I'll use everything in my box, and hubby gets the discount code as he uses his iPhone and Bluetooth stuff much more than I do.

I think this was a great box. The book is # 1 on one of Amazon's book lists..either fiction or romantic fiction, don't remember which. Retail for just the book is $28.

It also says made in PRC = people's republic of china. That alone makes me not want to use them.
My box should be here by the end of the week. Regarding these wipes, since they seem to be a little suspect ingredient wise, I still plan on keeping them in my car for spills...like if coffee or soda leaks in your cup holder or even to wipe off the dash to get dust off...at least I'd get some use out of them

I used a wipe just to test wiped my hands and my infant daughter dug it out of the trash and sucked it. :-/ dmdmh is the #1 ingredient and a synthetic preservative. Per the popsugar info card the wipes are "naturally antibacterial" and "gentle". Green washing much? Ughhh, I'll be throwing these away and just continue using daughter's honest baby wipes.

$6 for 12 wet wipes is pricey.  I think it's very shady to say 'formulated in the USA'. . that means absolutely nothing to me.  I don't care where it's formulated.   Aloe appears to be the only thing 'natural' in the wet wipe, the rest is all junk and the fact that it just says "parfum' bothers me.   Couldn't 'parfum' contain a plethora of chemicals not listed? 

Aside from the wipes, I was really happy with this month's box and think the towel is prettier than the one I received in my Resort box.  It's a bit smaller and not quite a thick, but the color is lovely.  

My box will hopefully be here tomorrow! (Fingers crossed). I still haven't receive the 3 item that were missing in my May box, would be awesome if they all show up tomorrow! One of the missing items was the Smell Bent perfume, would this months lotion complement that scent? Both are to have Jasmine in them?

Ok I was excited for this box until it actually arrived....

The towel seems so thin, more like a scratchy scarf - are you guys sure this will actually pick up any water? I think it will go in my trades list rather than bothering with it.... Such a disappointment since I am literally going to the beach next week and was excited to use it.

My husband will eat the chips. I'm not a fan of BBQ chips.

The native union will not get used since I have to spend money to use it.

The book will probably also end up on the trades list since it's apparently football heavy. Just doesn't seem like my thing. I also tend to not like these girlie books. I prefer comedies that tend to be marketed to men (Jonathan Tropper, etc)

I was actually excited for the wipes until I came here and just saw all this PRC stuff. What a joke.

The lollies are so cute. They are the one thing in the box I love. I can't use them right now because I just cut my hair short for summer. I will still keep them though for the future when my hair will be longer some day.

I feel like this box is just kind of lacking for me. I'm glad I used the $15 off. I will still give Pop Sugar another try next month, so at least I don't hate this box enough to cancel.... But hopefully there is another good code (if not I actually probably will cancel). I feel like Pop Sugar for me is better in the fall through spring rather than the summer... It rocked in the winter for me.

My box will hopefully be here tomorrow! (Fingers crossed). I still haven't receive the 3 item that were missing in my May box, would be awesome if they all show up tomorrow! One of the missing items was the Smell Bent perfume, would this months lotion complement that scent? Both are to have Jasmine in them?
I don't think you'd want to use both the perfume and body lotion at the same time.  The body lotion smells good, and isn't too strong a scent, but for sure has a noticeable scent.  The perfume smells good, but is WAY strong.  

The perfume has a sunscreen tropical smell (but in a good way), and the lotion has a floral/slightly lemony smell.  The two mixed together could probably choke a horse.  

I hope you get yours soon!  They smell great, and the lotion is pretty good-lotion wise also.  

The body lotion is the only  thing I don't like in the box its to strong for me and to me it smells like grass or something  Maybe that's a floral scent . I had to take a shower to get rid of the smell because it wouldn't let up in a few hours the smell and everywhere I went people said something.  To each his own.  

I really love this box. The towel doesn't compare, in my opinion, to the resort box. It's thinner and does not have the softness of the bamboo, but I still like it. It softened up quite a bit after a wash and since I have two, they will make nice wraps/throws for guests or me on the back deck. They are cute! The men in my house love chips & all things BBQ, so they are gone already. I have really thick hair, so the hair ties will just barely do a pony, but not a messy bun for me. They are still nice to have on hand & super cute on the wrist. I like the lotion. I go through a ton of lotion. This isn't greasy and will get used. I always carry wipes, so these are handy too. Haven't opened the book yet. My best girlfriend loves football (like, has season tickets loves football), so I'll give one to her. Might trade/gift the other or eventually read it. I probably won't use the coupon card, but I consider it an extra so the box is a win for me.

I LOVE my Pop Sugar box. Got it yesterday and have already read the book. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The chips were very spicy but good..

I'll use everything in my box, and hubby gets the discount code as he uses his iPhone and Bluetooth stuff much more than I do.

I think this was a great box. The book is # 1 on one of Amazon's book lists..either fiction or romantic fiction, don't remember which. Retail for just the book is $28.
How did you like the book? I intended to start it last night and never got around to it. I didn't even read the jacket to see what it's about!

Ok I was excited for this box until it actually arrived....

The towel seems so thin, more like a scratchy scarf - are you guys sure this will actually pick up any water? I think it will go in my trades list rather than bothering with it.... Such a disappointment since I am literally going to the beach next week and was excited to use it.

My husband will eat the chips. I'm not a fan of BBQ chips.

The native union will not get used since I have to spend money to use it.

The book will probably also end up on the trades list since it's apparently football heavy. Just doesn't seem like my thing. I also tend to not like these girlie books. I prefer comedies that tend to be marketed to men (Jonathan Tropper, etc)

I was actually excited for the wipes until I came here and just saw all this PRC stuff. What a joke.

The lollies are so cute. They are the one thing in the box I love. I can't use them right now because I just cut my hair short for summer. I will still keep them though for the future when my hair will be longer some day.

I feel like this box is just kind of lacking for me. I'm glad I used the $15 off. I will still give Pop Sugar another try next month, so at least I don't hate this box enough to cancel.... But hopefully there is another good code (if not I actually probably will cancel). I feel like Pop Sugar for me is better in the fall through spring rather than the summer... It rocked in the winter for me.
I don't fully understand the concept of a Turkish towel, but all the ones I've seen have been a similar material blend (thin and kinda scratchy). I think I'm going to use mine to lay down on the sand at the beach, but not actually expect it to dry me off much.

I don't fully understand the concept of a Turkish towel, but all the ones I've seen have been a similar material blend (thin and kinda scratchy). I think I'm going to use mine to lay down on the sand at the beach, but not actually expect it to dry me off much.
I thought of that too... but I figure I'd rather sit on a lounger or something more substantial.... I feel like sand would get through this thing so quickly that it would be a mess.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to MUT, but I have been stalking it on and off for awhile due to spoilers for all my subs.

Well, I really should say past subs... I seen the $15 off coupon for PS and caved soooo bad. But in order for me to do that, I cancelled all my other subs, which were ipsy and rainbow honey. I debated for AWHILE before I actually cancelled them for PS. Took long enough that the $15 coupon expired the morning I was going to use it -___- But my sister used it and I ended up using REFER5. Still bitter that I missed that coupon.

Anyways, I anticipated my box arriving because of all the spoilers that went up. Plus it being my first box, I was on edgeeeee. It did come a couple days early, so I got home to it on Monday. Words can't explain how excited I was!!

The One & Only by Emily Griffin

If I remember clearly this was one of the first spoilers.. I was kind of worried about it since there were a lot of mixed reviews. I know a lot people were displeased by the book. I was wholeheartedly excited at the fact that we were getting a book for my first box since I love to read. I read the first page and her writing style is tolerable. I'll let you guys know if I end up liking the storyline if it doesn't get too weird, as I have heard... lol.

Sachajuan Shiny Citrus Body Lotion

I know the scent bothers people and I normally don't like floral scents that smell like "bug-on-plant" kind of things but I like the scent of this lotion. I feel like its waaaay toned down compared to other floral scented lotions. I haven't really felt the formula yet since I do want to save it for after a hot day, which it is said that is the best time to use it.

Turkish T Mykonos Towel

The towel was the item I was most anxious about after hearing about the resort box one. I find it really sheer.. it didn't live up to my expectations. But I'm not wholly disappointed either because its a pretty towel and I will use it on my beach days! I just thought it was going to be really soft!

You Smell Wet Wipes

I thought these were cute because I am already a hand sanitizer freak. I always have hand sanitizer on hand. These are a great addition to my purse but I keep forgetting to put some in it... lol. The scent is really faint or is it just me? Not complaining, always great to have a wet nap in your purse when you need a refresher.

Lollie's Basic Hairties

These are too cute! I thought it wouldn't hold my hair at first since my hair is thick and curly, but it secures my hair with no problem, doesn't snag either! I wear them on my wrists as if they were really a bracelet but I always have hairties on hand. They're so cute I had someone say to me "that's a cute bracelet!" Then I mention its actually just a hairtie and they seem puzzled for a minute. Lol!

One Potato, Two Potato Hawaiian BBQ Chips

Lol, I love kettle chips! This flavor was good. I ate them during my lunch yesterday. To me, they tasted like regular Hawaiian BBQ potato chips but still overall yummy!

Native Union Voucher $15

An extra, that I probably won't be using since everything on the site really is expensive. I'll probably give away to someone who wants it. The non-stackable makes this extra blaaaah but it's okay.

Overall, for my first box, this was great. My only complaint is that I wish they gave a beach bag tote! Tis' the season of sun, sand and beer. Cheers. Can't wait for July's box!!!!!

Just saw this online. A cute idea for the towel as a cover up.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I am so bummed that the very first ingredient in those You Smell Wipes is DMDMH (abbreviation for DMDM Hydantoin)...which is formaldehyde! Not good at all. So much for their products being "natural." Baloney.
Yikes! I am so glad you pointed this out. (But sad because I really liked them and would have bought them otherwise!) Thank you!

Latest posts

Back