Popsugar Must Have June 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think somebody posted previously that you can't combine offers. I looked at the site, and it's not my thing anyway.

Are the native union cards actual gift cards or just $15 off coupon codes? If you get two, can you stack them to get $30 off one purchase?
It's more like a coupon code. I sent them an email to see if they are stackable. Got an auto-response that said it would be up to 3 days for a reply.

Got my box today!

Love the lotion...smells really nice.

Love the towel, the chips are delish, wipes are awesome to throw in my purse or glove box.

I'll read the book; game to try it at least. I doubt I'll use the coupon code.

I'll trade the Lollies as I have short hair, although, I may try them as bracelets.

Great month...definitely worth the $24 bucks I spent on it!

Quick question for those who've gotten both this box and the Resort box: how does the Turkish towel in this one stack up against the Resort one? I LOVE the Resort towel and am thinking about trading for another one of those or maybe another one from this box but am wondering which towel's quality is better. Thanks in advance! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I kind of am in disbelief that we got a Turkish towel in this box as well as the resort box. I ordered two resort boxes to get two towels. So now I have three. Hmmmm. I guess I will use this one for the pool and keep my others for bath towels. Still, seems odd.

I'm happy with the lotion as I've got dry skin and expensive tastes when it comes to moisturizing.

I will use the wipes at a three day festival (Outside Lands) that I attend every summer. Will be perfect!

The hair ties are seriously great and welcomed! My long hair is knotted up in one right now securely without feeling like it's being strangled. So many are either too tight or too loose.

The book I'll gift to my football loving gf!

The gift card is interesting as my monocle broke after a few uses. Which was a huge bummer!! It was in the spring before I noticed. I hoped my husband might be able to repair it but no luck. We just emailed them this weekend about it without realizing the gift card was included. We haven't heard back anything. I really wanted this item as I teach a small outdoor fitness class and this was to be perfect.

I love chips, especially Hawaiian BBQ.

I kind of am in disbelief that we got a Turkish towel in this box as well as the resort box. I ordered two resort boxes to get two towels. So now I have three. Hmmmm. I guess I will use this one for the pool and keep my others for bath towels. Still, seems odd.

I'm happy with the lotion as I've got dry skin and expensive tastes when it comes to moisturizing.

I will use the wipes at a three day festival (Outside Lands) that I attend every summer. Will be perfect!

The hair ties are seriously great and welcomed! My long hair is knotted up in one right now securely without feeling like it's being strangled. So many are either too tight or too loose.

The book I'll gift to my football loving gf!

The gift card is interesting as my monocle broke after a few uses. Which was a huge bummer!! It was in the spring before I noticed. I hoped my husband might be able to repair it but no luck. We just emailed them this weekend about it without realizing the gift card was included. We haven't heard back anything. I really wanted this item as I teach a small outdoor fitness class and this was to be perfect.

I love chips, especially Hawaiian BBQ.
What would you say the quality of the June towel is vs. the Resort towel(s)? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quick question for those who've gotten both this box and the Resort box: how does the Turkish towel in this one stack up against the Resort one? I LOVE the Resort towel and am thinking about trading for another one of those or maybe another one from this box but am wondering which towel's quality is better. Thanks in advance! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have two resort towels and I got my June towel today. I havent washed or used the June towel yet, but on first impression I would say the resort towel is higher quality. The june towel does not seem as thick and isnt as soft as the resort towel was out of the bag ( may soften with wash though.) The june towel design is really cute and is much longer than the resort. The resort is 50% bamboo and 50% cotton, the June is 100% cotton.

Though the june is cuter and bigger, I would say the resort is notably superior in quality.

I have two resort towels and I got my June towel today. I havent washed or used the June towel yet, but on first impression I would say the resort towel is higher quality. The june towel does not seem as thick and isnt as soft as the resort towel was out of the bag ( may soften with wash though.) The june towel design is really cute and is much longer than the resort. The resort is 50% bamboo and 50% cotton, the June is 100% cotton.

Though the june is cuter and bigger, I would say the resort is notably superior in quality.
Thank you! Good to know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, thank you, good to know! I haven't had the chance to really compare yet, but that makes me feel a bit better.

I think it's kind of ridiculous that my box has been in Phoenix since Saturday morning/afternoon and still hasn't managed to make it here yet. Boo FedEx.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi All, Here is the response I got from Native Union:

"Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we do not allow using more than one voucher for a single purchase.

If you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to email us.

Sincerely,

The Native Union Support Team"

I think it's kind of ridiculous that my box has been in Phoenix since Saturday morning/afternoon and still hasn't managed to make it here yet. Boo FedEx.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hope it gets there soon! It seems like PS boxes stay in one spot for awhile then they're suddenly at your house! I am shocked the west coast seemed to get theirs first this month; usually it's the opposite.

I tried the kettle chips and they were really good. They remind me a lot of Tim's Kettle Chips which is a semi-regional brand. They have a Hawaiian Barbecue chip and it's a little spicy and very salty but it's also a little bit sweet. This one doesn't have the same brown sugary salty contrast and I didn't enjoy it quite as much but they were still pretty tasty.

I washed and dryed the Turkish towel and the fabric softener seemed to make it a lot less scratchy. I will test it tomorrow when I take a shower (with a back up towel ready in case it doesn't soak up water). It is a pretty large piece of fabric, so I have a little hope.

I washed and dryed the Turkish towel and the fabric softener seemed to make it a lot less scratchy. I will test it tomorrow when I take a shower (with a back up towel ready in case it doesn't soak up water). It is a pretty large piece of fabric, so I have a little hope.
I read that you should not use fabric softener on turkish towels. I have only washed my resort one with a scoop of oxy clean, so I can't speak as to if fabric softener really does anything bad. It is surprisingly absorbant, and I don't have to rub, it just soaks up where it touches.

Washing:

Exposed to oil, soil, and germs; wash towels in hot (120°F) water with laundry detergent. If the towels are white, they should occasionally be washed with chlorine bleach.

Cotton is a natural fiber and new towels will shed some loose fibers.

Avoid fabric softeners—they contain silicon that will make the towels water repellent.

Drying:

While tumble drying will make the towel fluffy, do not overdo, as the heat from the dryer can damage the integrity of the cotton. We recommend using a lower heat setting occasionally or alternate between air and heat drying.

Absorbency:

To maximize the absorbency of a towel, add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle, once a month, to restore the towel to full absorbency. The vinegar removes any excess detergent, which can affect the towels’ absorbency.

I'm excited for you! I got my first PS box in Sept last year and I've been obsessed with sub boxes ever since. I've tried so many, but PS is most consistently the best. It's the kind of box that I get more excited about as I own it. I find that even items I'm not excited about at first end up being must haves for me. (Like the wet brush, Jurlique serum and flower tote.)

It's so much fun and this forum makes it even more fun! The ladies here always know the tricks to getting a good deal, so you are in the right place.
This forum gave me the promo code too..which `helped me to take that risk to order this box  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is still in transit ...should get it by this week  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

SO:::  Has anyone actually ordered their Native Union selection?  I was looking forward to getting the POP Headset for myself and using the FREE case that comes with it as a gift for my sister (she has a 5.. I have a 4s).... however..... upon putting both items in my cart and entering the promo code, it's only giving me an additional $7.50 off -- that's half the value of the code!   When I take the phone case out of the cart, the value goes back up to $15... :/  so it looks like if you're anticipating using your promo code for that deal.... it's only worth half the value?   Probably because their system spread the value over the items in the cart.  

JUST FYI. 

I read that you should not use fabric softener on turkish towels. I have only washed my resort one with a scoop of oxy clean, so I can't speak as to if fabric softener really does anything bad. It is surprisingly absorbant, and I don't have to rub, it just soaks up where it touches.

Washing:

Exposed to oil, soil, and germs; wash towels in hot (120°F) water with laundry detergent. If the towels are white, they should occasionally be washed with chlorine bleach.

Cotton is a natural fiber and new towels will shed some loose fibers.

Avoid fabric softeners—they contain silicon that will make the towels water repellent.

Drying:

While tumble drying will make the towel fluffy, do not overdo, as the heat from the dryer can damage the integrity of the cotton. We recommend using a lower heat setting occasionally or alternate between air and heat drying.

Absorbency:

To maximize the absorbency of a towel, add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle, once a month, to restore the towel to full absorbency. The vinegar removes any excess detergent, which can affect the towels’ absorbency.
You're not supposed to use fabric softener on any towels actually, for the same reason listed above.  However, there are newer more "natural" type fabric softeners these days that specifically list being safe for use on towels.  There are a few different kinds, but I know Caldrea fabric softener is one of them, and is what I use.  I don't use it every wash though, only once a month.  My towels are actually better since using it, they absorb more water than before when drying off, and they stay soft and fluffy instead of getting scratchy like before.  (it also doesn't leave nasty residues on my clothes which I use it often on)

You're not supposed to use fabric softener on any towels actually, for the same reason listed above.  However, there are newer more "natural" type fabric softeners these days that specifically list being safe for use on towels.  There are a few different kinds, but I know Caldrea fabric softener is one of them, and is what I use.  I don't use it every wash though, only once a month.  My towels are actually better since using it, they absorb more water than before when drying off, and they stay soft and fluffy instead of getting scratchy like before.  (it also doesn't leave nasty residues on my clothes which I use it often on)
Learn something new everyday. Thanks.

Now I must go buy and replace all my current towels with brand new ones that have not been used with fabric softener. That's what you meant by that, right? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have never heard of such a thing. :unsure2:   Isn't that Snuggle bear snuggling on a towel lol?? I only use fabric softener on towels and bedding, I never knew you weren't supposed to.  I don't have any issues with drying off though but maybe because I only remember to use it every once in a while.  Oh well, I have Ralph Lauren towels and they are complete garbage anyway.

Latest posts

Back