Popsugar Must Have June 2016 box *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sarong is actually a really good size. Bigger than a beach towel. I think in the spoiler pic it's folded in fours which makes it look smaller. It's pretty thin and lightweight so it could also be used as a scarf. If there's not better pics of it when I get home from work I can put a picture of it on here unfolded so everyone gets a better idea of the size :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think this looks like a fun box. I almost canceled in May, after being a non-stop subscriber for 3 years, because the last several boxes didn't seem like a good value. However, I got drawn in by the 6 month deal and I'm glad I did. I would have been sad to not get my monthly ps delivery.

I loved my first box, so-so last box, HATE this box!  (Scathing review incoming.)

The sarong IS a nice size, but it's very thin, like paper.  I can't see it remotely lasting and I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it, I know it's priced at $58, but I've gotten a few of these, similar strength, slightly larger on vacations.  Maybe I'm blessed/biased from living in Florida next to people who can pump these out for $8-12, with better results.

I am a nail polish and nail art fiend.  I can do everything on my nails.  Last week, I even had printed Sons of Anarchy nail art of the actors and SoA logos that I handmade when I met the cast.  I hate NCLA, I think it's cheap quality.  I've gotten then in Birchbox and it never lasted even with a Seche Vite topcoat.  It's a cute color and all but again, not lasting.  To add, it's longevity is questionable because it's patriotic and limits it's use.

A cheap compact?  Does anyone even carry double mirror compacts, especially in that size?  I don't know anyone.

I have perfectly working deodorant.  The wipes may be nice after a day at the beach I suppose or on a vacation?  Baby wipes do the same thing and you can get travel packs for a buck or two.

Nice-ish bottle opener, pretty heavy.  I'll stick it in the RV.

A game that is admittedly dated - info is from 2013 on the cards and some of the info is wrong.  My George Washington card hint is "abolished slavery" - about 125 years off there, stud.

And... more spicy things I can't eat.  Goes nicely with the water I can't drink from before...

I really want to love this sub, because it gives a variety and isn't just more makeup.  I'm out of my 3 month sub purchase, I'll try one more month but at this point, I'm actually paying more over the 3 months for what I could use versus the box price.

While this box looks cute, I am super relieved that I cancelled. 

I pretty much own an alternate version of every single thing in this entire box, and it would have been a total waste on me personally.

They still are one of my favorite subs, but lately I just have too much stuff and it was getting expensive.

I kept my mini sub though so I am very curious to see what is in there.

Well darn my box was out for delivery at my office today but I wasn't there, I'll get it Monday. Can't wait to check everything out in person.

I got my box!! It shipped an arrived really fast!

IMG_1340.JPG

As usual I like it more in person than on "paper."

I think I'm going to try the sarong as a scarf it's really light weight and neutral. I think it'll look nice with black tops.

The bottle opener has some heft to it, and it's big. My boyfriend will really dig it because it won't be so hard to lose. All those little cheap bottle openers you get from events are always tiny and have a way of disappearing in our kitchen. I won't use the opener but I know my boyfriend will dig it. I also think it makes a easy gift you can tie one end to a 6 pack for a hostess gift or house warming gift.

The game seems like it could be fun. If you carry a giant purse like me, I thought I could bring it with me when I go out to hang out with friends at our local brewery, it sure beats sitting around and talking about the same stuff over and over.

I think the polish is really pretty but I just can't get stupid glitter polish off my nails without scrubbing them to death. It's just too much for beauty, so I stick to regular polish. I'm putting it up for swap.

The compact is cute, its a little cheap looking. I currently carry a cheap one from Forever 21 with cats on it that's really thin and is a good size for my purse, but it doesn't have a magnified side. Wearing contacts I'm forever getting stuff in my eyes so compacts are really useful for me. I guess this one I'll keep around as a spare.

I really like the scent of the deodorant wipes. These are super useful for me for when my friends go "hey you want to go get food" after we work out. Especially in the summer, I bet I can just use these as body wipes and I don't have to worry about smelling rank at dinner or brunch.

The pressels are a touch spicy. They're a good snack but I'd never heard of them before, I wish PS included a coupon so I could get another flavor.

I think the biggest problem with this box is that everything feels cheap.  It's kind of sad when a bottle opener is the only thing that seems fancy.  The bottle opener and sarong together are just nice enough that PSMH and I  can still be friends, but barely. 

On the reddit beauty sub forum, we are playing a game where anyone who wants to play is given a theme and budget and has to "curate" a box. The budget was $120 so much more than a regular popsugar but not too far from a LE- and I was blown away at how good some of the curations were- and this was with everything full price vs the wholesale prices I am sure these boxes pay (if they even pay- I know sometimes the brand pays to be included!)- so it really made me think a bit about whether these are THAT good of a deal vs just taking what I would spend on the box monthly and picking out my own treats. Just food for thought considering how cheap this box feels - the sarong excited me because it was the same brand as the tote in the LE which seems to have a good rep, but everything else feels like a bag of freebies. Hoping July feels more higher end.

I got my box on Saturday, I loved it!  The nail polish is fun, just to use as a top coat on an accent nail or toenails. The bottle opener was my least favorite item, its a little heavy. Maybe next month will be better for everyone!

I think the biggest problem with this box is that everything feels cheap.  It's kind of sad when a bottle opener is the only thing that seems fancy.  The bottle opener and sarong together are just nice enough that PSMH and I  can still be friends, but barely. 
Did you see on IG someone literally put a picture of them throwing the June box out in the trash. She said she didn't even open it, just straight threw it in the trash because it was so cheap.

That's a....a little dramatic IMO.

The only cheapy things to me in the box are the bottle opener and the compact. The rest feels inline with what's normally in a PS box.

On the reddit beauty sub forum, we are playing a game where anyone who wants to play is given a theme and budget and has to "curate" a box. The budget was $120 so much more than a regular popsugar but not too far from a LE- and I was blown away at how good some of the curations were- and this was with everything full price vs the wholesale prices I am sure these boxes pay (if they even pay- I know sometimes the brand pays to be included!)- so it really made me think a bit about whether these are THAT good of a deal vs just taking what I would spend on the box monthly and picking out my own treats. Just food for thought considering how cheap this box feels - the sarong excited me because it was the same brand as the tote in the LE which seems to have a good rep, but everything else feels like a bag of freebies. Hoping July feels more higher end.
That's kind of what I do every once in awhile at Marshalls or TJMaxx. Either for myself, or as a gift, I will pick a budget and just curate my own fun "Popsugar" box. It is really interesting to see what you can get for $40.

However, I am still holding on to my PS sub. I almost cancelled after 3 years, but was drawn in by the 6 month deal and I'm glad I was. The sarong as a scarf is a winner. In the past subscribers have always been delighted by scarves, so I don't get why they are so unhappy this time. The thick gray scarf from Nov a few years ago is still my most used scarf, maybe this will be my hotter weather version.

Did you see on IG someone literally put a picture of them throwing the June box out in the trash. She said she didn't even open it, just straight threw it in the trash because it was so cheap.

That's a....a little dramatic IMO.

The only cheapy things to me in the box are the bottle opener and the compact. The rest feels inline with what's normally in a PS box.
That's also rather entitled and dumb at the same time. For God's sake, give to someone at a shelter or a homeless person, they would love it.

That's kind of what I do every once in awhile at Marshalls or TJMaxx. Either for myself, or as a gift, I will pick a budget and just curate my own fun "Popsugar" box. It is really interesting to see what you can get for $40.

However, I am still holding on to my PS sub. I almost cancelled after 3 years, but was drawn in by the 6 month deal and I'm glad I was. The sarong as a scarf is a winner. In the past subscribers have always been delighted by scarves, so I don't get why they are so unhappy this time. The thick gray scarf from Nov a few years ago is still my most used scarf, maybe this will be my hotter weather version.

I love getting scarves from PSMH box! I never buy scarves anymore actually because I have like almost 10! My most loved is the Michael Stars too and use it Fall/Winter. The others I use when we go to the beach! I missed the 6mos deal again because I was trying to downsize my subscription box budget. Hopefully they do it again soon since I will be canceling my two Birchboxes.

I got my box today and I don't think it was quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. The scarf I'll keep. It's a nice neutral color. I just need to get better at wearing scarfs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> The bottle opener is nice and will work great for summer entertaining. The glitter polish will be great for 4th of July. The game I'll stick in the kids play area and see if they'll ever play it. The mirror I'll toss in my handbag. I tried the wipes and they were ok. I think they will be good for quick refreshing on the go. This is definitely not my favorite PSMH box but I can find some use for the items.

Man I wore the watch from the PS box a couple months ago, first time ever taking it out of the bag and trying it on. Put it on for work, only to realize an hour later, it wasn't working!! A brand new watch with a dead battery already?? 

So I'm kind of a dumbass and ordered two of these on accident. If you've sold an entire box what do you charge for it? Would someone pay $20 for this one do you think?

Man I wore the watch from the PS box a couple months ago, first time ever taking it out of the bag and trying it on. Put it on for work, only to realize an hour later, it wasn't working!! A brand new watch with a dead battery already??
My other post didn't show...watches come with the pin pulled out to not waste batteries while stored and shipped. Try pushing the pin in and see if that works!

Back