Popsugar Must Have June 2016 box *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My other post didn't show...watches come with the pin pulled out to not waste batteries while stored and shipped. Try pushing the pin in and see if that works!

Lol I did that, thank you though! I took out the little tag thing that holds it out. I set the time and pushed it in, and it's just dead, dead, dead. I wear a watch everyday, I'm so used to wearing one, it was annoying wearing  a dead one all day and not really knowing the time. I also swapped the salt and pepper shakers from the April box I think, and I didn't open them before I swapped them and they were shattered when the receiver got them. I'm not sure how they shattered or when, I'm super ocd about packaging stuff. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I did that, thank you though! I took out the little tag thing that holds it out. I set the time and pushed it in, and it's just dead, dead, dead. I wear a watch everyday, I'm so used to wearing one, it was annoying wearing a dead one all day and not really knowing the time. I also swapped the salt and pepper shakers from the April box I think, and I didn't open them before I swapped them and they were shattered when the receiver got them. I'm not sure how they shattered or when, I'm super ocd about packaging stuff.
Awww well that sucks! I just thought I should mention it because I was confused when my RZ watch I got in that box wasn't working, duh, the pin was pulled out!

I received my box on Friday and I like it a lot more now that I've seen everything in person. 

The game is so easy though! I was looking through the cards and I can't imagine anyone not knowing who the clues are about. Especially the last clue on each card. For example there's a Barack Obama card and one of the clues is "I'm the first African American president of the United States"! Who wouldn't know that? :wacko:  You'd have to omit some of the clues if you actually plan on making it a little challenging. 

if anyone wants the wipes or game let me know-i still also have the bingo game unopened and the travel scrabble

Is there anyone that had a month to month subscription purchase the 6 month sub they have a while back get a second charge monthly charge for June?  I purchased one in December and it expired in May, then in May I purchased the other 6 month sub sale that they offered.  

I didn't have any issues in December but now all of a sudden I get this second charge on my card for June yesterday when I already received June's box.  

I emailed customer service today and they said because subscriptions in their system run "independently and concurrently", which means that even though I purchased the 6 month sub they were still going to try to charge me for a month to month subscription from when my previous 6 month sub expired in May.

A question that I have is if I was still being charged for the month to month subscription why did they wait until 6/21 to charge me and send out the June box.  That's a bit later than normal.

Customer Service also told me that even though I was charged yesterday, and the status is "processing" that they will not be able to offer me a refund until I receive this box and ship it back to them.

What a load of crock.  I have been a faithful customer for over 4 years, I have the regular sub as well as the mini and I purchase every le box that they release.  I emailed them back if they don't fix this issue they will certainly lose me as a customer today.

Sorry for the rant ladies.  I'm just so upset about this and I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced issue.

Did you cancel your subscription after the initial six month sub ran out before you purchased the second 6 month sub? 

That's why you were billed for June, separately. 

Did you cancel your subscription after the initial six month sub ran out before you purchased the second 6 month sub? 

That's why you were billed for June, separately. 
No, I did not but I've purchased 6 month subscriptions before in the past and I have never been double billed.

But I will definitely remember for the future.

Yeah they say that your sub rolls over to a month to month after the pre-paid 6 month term is up. You need to cancel that sub and then re-sub with the new 6 month deal to avoid the over lap. They treat every sign up separately it seems. 

I guess you can just wait until you get the June box duplicate and mail it back to them and get a refund. I'd cancel that sub asap so you don't get billed for July.

Yeah they say that your sub rolls over to a month to month after the pre-paid 6 month term is up. You need to cancel that sub and then re-sub with the new 6 month deal to avoid the over lap. They treat every sign up separately it seems. 

I guess you can just wait until you get the June box duplicate and mail it back to them and get a refund. I'd cancel that sub asap so you don't get billed for July.
Thanks for the info.  I cancelled the sub and they did give me a refund after emailing back and forth but I am going to send the box back as soon as I receive it.  

Back