Popsugar Must Have March 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in San Francisco and finally cancelled all my wine clubs. So dangerous but awesome! I was collecting way too much wine so need to take a good year off to actually drink it! I've spent $1000s on wine over the years. This is actually making me feel a lot better about my sub boxes! I sub to Pop Sugar, all their SE boxes except for that NM one, Ipsy and just cancelled Glossy for Bijoux. I kinda want to try Stitchfix next! I need clothes!

I started my sub additction with BarkBox actually, I bought it for the pup and then instantaneously was like, hmmm, if the dog gets a monthly subscription box then I think I deserve one too! PopSugar was what I subscribed to next and I've been getting it since October, and though I've started not to like it as much I don't want to unsubscribe because it's just so fun. I also get Julep (some months,) and I get ipsy. So four isn't that bad! I've also been looking into Golden Tote... and one of the celeb Fancy boxes like JLH or Coca Rocha.

Quote:

I justify it in a few different ways. 

1. They make me happy.

2. I spend only from my petty cash fund.

3. I make sure to get a great deal. (i.e. discount code, use points for purchase, sub for multiple months to get a discount, etc)

4. I make sure to sub to things I really want and/or need. (Do I really NEED anything? hmmmmmm)

5. Going thru a breakup after a two year relationship that gave NOTHING. I feel I deserve to treat myself a little. 

6. I trade or gift things I really don't want or will use. 

7. I force myself to try something new and that is really fun sometimes. 

8. I get to socialize on MUT with you ladies about our "addiction" = PRICELESS and no one else in the world would understand. hahaha! 
cheer2.gif

I agree with all of these things and it's a really great way to look at it!

I am really hoping to see some spoilers and soon because I, after my first month already canceled not happy with my box and if i see something I might like I might get tempted to sign up again another half off would help too!

I signed up for

bulu box weight loss (loved my first box)

conscious box (hated got expired items and costumer service never got back to me)

ipsy (love)

birchbox (love/hate relationship)

beautybox5 (this month they sent me 3 boxes and when i told them they told me to just enjoy!)

munchpak (it was fun but too fattening so canceled)

pms.com box (first month is free still waiting on it)

popsugar (canceled didnt like first box)

I have a bit of an addiction I think lol I did cancel conscious box, munchpak and popsugar though, but subscripe to 5 and find myself always looking for more smh... I need help!

They don't really do spoilers--we just have to wait for the first person to post a pic of the box. It's fun to anticipate though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Monica Sue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am really hoping to see some spoilers and soon because I, after my first month already canceled not happy with my box and if i see something I might like I might get tempted to sign up again another half off would help too!

I signed up for

bulu box weight loss (loved my first box)

conscious box (hated got expired items and costumer service never got back to me)

ipsy (love)

birchbox (love/hate relationship)

beautybox5 (this month they sent me 3 boxes and when i told them they told me to just enjoy!)

munchpak (it was fun but too fattening so canceled)

pms.com box (first month is free still waiting on it)

popsugar (canceled didnt like first box)

I have a bit of an addiction I think lol I did cancel conscious box, munchpak and popsugar though, but subscripe to 5 and find myself always looking for more smh... I need help!
what is pms.com box? I feel like it should be self explanatory, but figured I should ask. LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I started off with Klutch Club and cancelled after my first month because I didn't love it. 

Then I got into Birchbox and Ipsy around September or October. 

Now I have, in addition to Birchbox and Ipsy, Popsugar, Bijoux Box, Julep, Golden Tote and a wine subscription. Plus I have gotten the past two PSMH LE boxes. I am a sub addict...or at least well on my way. 
sadyes.gif

I justify it in a few different ways. 

1. They make me happy.

2. I spend only from my petty cash fund.

3. I make sure to get a great deal. (i.e. discount code, use points for purchase, sub for multiple months to get a discount, etc)

4. I make sure to sub to things I really want and/or need. (Do I really NEED anything? hmmmmmm)

5. Going thru a breakup after a two year relationship that gave NOTHING. I feel I deserve to treat myself a little. 

6. I trade or gift things I really don't want or will use. 

7. I force myself to try something new and that is really fun sometimes. 

8. I get to socialize on MUT with you ladies about our "addiction" = PRICELESS and no one else in the world would understand. hahaha! 
cheer2.gif

All these reasons apply to me, too.  I love my beauty boxes.  And, I love MUT.  And, since I am a little older, I can justify my expenditures in that they keep me current, and more youthful and attractive.

Quote: Originally Posted by emwdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DON'T get the Coco Rocha box. I subbed to that box for 3 months and it was awful. I got repeat items twice, and every month she sent a magazine that had her on the cover. Fun, but kind of useless. it was just a mag of images. All of the items didn't justify the box price + shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was very let down by her fancy box.

Fun, but kind of useless. All of the items didn't justify the box price + shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was very let down by her fancy box.
I feel this way about almost all of the fancy boxes. I subbed to the regular one and received repeats and cheap items. Subbed to the pink one and while slightly better, was still not worth the cost. Subbed to the jennifer love hewitt and that one was horrible the month I got it (nail polish and a diary)

I unsubbed for March but I am still super curious to see what going to be in the box this month, and/or if there will be anything in the box that I want bad enough to buy off someone on ebay LOL

Speaking of, My mother is OBSESSED with the Nourish Organic Serum from February. I'm trying to gather up as many as I can as a birthday surprise for her and they're pretty dang hard to find on ebay for a fair price. Why do people charge like $25425656 dollars for shipping??? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I unsubbed for March but I am still super curious to see what going to be in the box this month, and/or if there will be anything in the box that I want bad enough to buy off someone on ebay LOL

Speaking of, My mother is OBSESSED with the Nourish Organic Serum from February. I'm trying to gather up as many as I can as a birthday surprise for her and they're pretty dang hard to find on ebay for a fair price. Why do people charge like $25425656 dollars for shipping??? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Meee tooo! I cancelled after Feb box but it was bitter-sweet. I learned from doing swaps recently that certain liquids are pretty expensive to ship! I sent out a tiny little perfume sample and it cost me $6 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That may have something to do with the high shipping cost you're seeing? I actually love my serum from February's box too and have used it several times, or else I'd totally give it to you!! Have you tried trading? If you have any box extras you don't want, that is agreat route to get the things you do want!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Speaking of, My mother is OBSESSED with the Nourish Organic Serum from February. I'm trying to gather up as many as I can as a birthday surprise for her and they're pretty dang hard to find on ebay for a fair price. Why do people charge like $25425656 dollars for shipping???
frown.gif

Meee tooo! I cancelled after Feb box but it was bitter-sweet.

I learned from doing swaps recently that certain liquids are pretty expensive to ship! I sent out a tiny little perfume sample and it cost me $6
frown.gif
That may have something to do with the high shipping cost you're seeing?

I actually love my serum from February's box too and have used it several times, or else I'd totally give it to you!! Have you tried trading? If you have any box extras you don't want, that is agreat route to get the things you do want!
Really??? I just ship everything in a bubbler mailer first class and it's always under $4! Maybe I'm supposed to be doing something different? I have no idea lol!

I have traded for one already but I haven't been able to find anyone that has it on their trade list! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been stalking ebay though so I hope I can find one or two more before her birthday in a month! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Really??? I just ship everything in a bubbler mailer first class and it's always under $4! Maybe I'm supposed to be doing something different? I have no idea lol!

I have traded for one already but I haven't been able to find anyone that has it on their trade list! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been stalking ebay though so I hope I can find one or two more before her birthday in a month! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's the same way I was shipping the perfume sample! The post office lady asked if there were any liquids in my shipment, and when I said it was perfume she stuck a sticker on it stating it could not go through the normal sorting process (b/c it's flammable) and apparently it costs extra for this! I was like whaaaat???? Wish I'd have known that in advance :/ Have you been to swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com? I know for sure I saw a bottle or two listed there!

I have traded for one already but I haven't been able to find anyone that has it on their trade list!
frown.gif
I've been stalking ebay though so I hope I can find one or two more before her birthday in a month!
smile.gif

That's the same way I was shipping the perfume sample! The post office lady asked if there were any liquids in my shipment, and when I said it was perfume she stuck a sticker on it stating it could not go through the normal sorting process (b/c it's flammable) and apparently it costs extra for this! I was like whaaaat???? Wish I'd have known that in advance :/

Have you been to swap.mysubscriptionaddiction.com? I know for sure I saw a bottle or two listed there!
Yikes! I've shipped perfumes in bubble mailers and print my label at home and then toss the package in a blue mailbox. I don't even speak to a postal worker. I feel like if it was that dangerous there would be a question on whether or not the package contains flammable liquids when checking out online for a shipping label. I mean...I've shipped a BUNCH of perfume samples etc without any issue! Oh well!
icon_eek.gif

I had a bad experience on the mysubscriptionaddiction swaps. More than one person not sending me items I traded for. I've had great luck on the MUT trade threads so I tend to stay here. Hopefully I'll be able to trade for a couple more!

Yikes! I've shipped perfumes in bubble mailers and print my label at home and then toss the package in a blue mailbox. I don't even speak to a postal worker. I feel like if it was that dangerous there would be a question on whether or not the package contains flammable liquids when checking out online for a shipping label. I mean...I've shipped a BUNCH of perfume samples etc without any issue! Oh well!
icon_eek.gif

I had a bad experience on the mysubscriptionaddiction swaps. More than one person not sending me items I traded for. I've had great luck on the MUT trade threads so I tend to stay here. Hopefully I'll be able to trade for a couple more!

I definitely need to use your method. How do you print the labels at home? I have tried to use the Paypal Shipping but it asks for the weight of my package, which I don't know!? I could really use some advice b/c in the past couple of weeks I've spent an obscene amount on shipping for tiny little items. That really sucks about the swap site, I've had good luck so far but I would be very upset if that happened to me!! I've never traded here before and for some reason I've been hesitant. Maybe b/c I'm not actually sure how to do it?? I'm sure it's very easy I am just kind of a dummy at times haha

I'm being off topic (and an enabler...), but there's a great Gorjana sale on Rue LaLa! And RLL just sent out some random $25 credits (I was lucky to receive one!), so I got a necklace for $18! Happy shopping ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

icon_eek.gif

I definitely need to use your method. How do you print the labels at home? I have tried to use the Paypal Shipping but it asks for the weight of my package, which I don't know!? I could really use some advice b/c in the past couple of weeks I've spent an obscene amount on shipping for tiny little items.

That really sucks about the swap site, I've had good luck so far but I would be very upset if that happened to me!! I've never traded here before and for some reason I've been hesitant. Maybe b/c I'm not actually sure how to do it?? I'm sure it's very easy I am just kind of a dummy at times haha
*Sorry if this is off topic, but anyone that is new to trading can benefit from this, if not, skip reading this! *

I bought a small package scale (kitchen scale works too!) on amazon for about $12, which has more than paid for itself!! I also bought a bunch of these polymailers: http://www.amazon.com/100-10x13-VALUEMAILERS-MAILERS-ENVELOPES/dp/B000HG9I5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393355756&sr=8-1&keywords=tyvek+shipping+bag

I got a small roll of bubble wrap and some packing tape at a discount store for very cheap. Everything cost me about $20 total.  I can probably do 100 trades with the amount of supplies I have. Which if you plan on trading more frequently, it will really be worth the money, even if you plan on only doing a few.

If a package is under 13 ounces, (which 99 percent of my trades are) you can ship it first class. I use paypal to print the label but you can also use the USPS site. I think the majority of my trading packages cost me an average of $2.00 to ship. Some are a bit more or a bit less, but never over $4.

If the weight is over 13 ounces, I just use one of the priority bubble mailers that I got for free from the USPS website (you can order packages of 15 priority bubble mailers and they will ship them to you at no cost) The bubble mailers have no weight limit and I believe cost about $5.50 or so to use, and I rarely need them. It's just for extra heavy packages.

I hope this helps! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back