Popsugar Must Have March 2014 *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the contest I really hope we get at least one Lollia product in our box. I wouldn't complain ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just signed up for Bijoux Box, love their jewelry, and I thought it would be cool if PopSugar partnered with Bijoux for a jewelry piece in our box sometime. Something gold for St. Patty's day. (Though I do know some of you gals prefer silver. Yummy chocolate coins would be cool, too. I'm just ready for some green. Sick of cold and threats of snow.

Quote: Originally Posted by celticjade /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With the contest I really hope we get at least one Lollia product in our box. I wouldn't complain
wink.gif

I just signed up for Bijoux Box, love their jewelry, and I thought it would be cool if PopSugar partnered with Bijoux for a jewelry piece in our box sometime. Something gold for St. Patty's day. (Though I do know some of you gals prefer silver.

Yummy chocolate coins would be cool, too. I'm just ready for some green. Sick of cold and threats of snow.
I just signed up for Bijoux box, too! I commented on their instagram bc there was a necklace I LOVED from February, but the box was sold out...they told me to email them...ended up corresponding with the owner/founder, and she was awesome! I purchased the month-to-month sub, added a code for an additional necklace, and purchased the necklace I wanted from the Feb box at a discount...VERY excited about that one being shipped out!

(sorry for being off topic, sparkly things make me excited
rolleyes.gif
)

After looking at the Lollia website I think I would be kinda disappointed if there isn't something from them inside the march box. The packaging is gorgeous! I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but this is such a pretty cover.

I just signed up for Bijoux box, too! I commented on their instagram bc there was a necklace I LOVED from February, but the box was sold out...they told me to email them...ended up corresponding with the owner/founder, and she was awesome! I purchased the month-to-month sub, added a code for an additional necklace, and purchased the necklace I wanted from the Feb box at a discount...VERY excited about that one being shipped out! (sorry for being off topic, sparkly things make me excited :rolleyes: )
The founder has provided amazing customer service. She Facebook messaged me after COB on a Friday night. Feb was my first month and I loved it. We have a bijoux box thread going on... Head over and gush about jewelry with us!

Hi, just joined MUT - and I have to say after a few days lurking, LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!  Got my very first PopSugar box last month after a girl from work turned me onto it, from there I joined Birchbox and got my first box last night!  Loving this, just hope I don't go broke with all the different boxes that are available!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kismet1428 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi, just joined MUT - and I have to say after a few days lurking, LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!  Got my very first PopSugar box last month after a girl from work turned me onto it, from there I joined Birchbox and got my first box last night!  Loving this, just hope I don't go broke with all the different boxes that are available!
Oh you will go broke it is inevitable 
smilehappyyes.gif
 ahahaha

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh you will go broke it is inevitable 
smilehappyyes.gif
 ahahaha
It's bound to happen...I signed up for my first sub in December and before I knew it, I was subscribed to 7....clearly I have a problem with pacing myself...

Down to 4 now (I was able to weed out the boxes that weren't right for me!); 3 monthly subs and 1 quarterly!

also, check out livingsocial and groupon- they have great deals on subscriptions every now and then that will save you some dollars
wink.gif

I've been signed up with LivingSocial and Groupon for a long time... but these dang boxes are going to be the financial death of me because I LOVE getting little goodies in the mail.  And then getting on here and finding out what might be in them or sharing wishes and wants for them - AMAZING!!!!

7?!?!  Yeah I would go broke.  I am being a little selective in the boxes I choose maybe that will help me keep it in check.  What other boxes do you subscribe to?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kismet1428 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  7?!?!  Yeah I would go broke.  I am being a little selective in the boxes I choose maybe that will help me keep it in check.  What other boxes do you subscribe to?
That's why I've dialed down!!

I have subscribed to;

Birchbox

Ipsy

Popsugar Must Have

FabFitFun VIP

Glossybox (through living social)

Bulu Box (through groupon)

Your Bijoux Box (newest obsession! Will be getting my first box in March!)

Now I have; Birchbox, Popsugar, FabFitFun and Bijoux Box...I'm happy with those 4, I either love everything, or most of it and can gift whatever is left that I won't use...a nice happy balance with my "fun money"- and it helps that FFF is quarterly :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote:Originally Posted by itsMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's bound to happen...I signed up for my first sub in December and before I knew it, I was subscribed to 7....clearly I have a problem with pacing myself...

Down to 4 now (I was able to weed out the boxes that weren't right for me!); 3 monthly subs and 1 quarterly!

also, check out livingsocial and groupon- they have great deals on subscriptions every now and then that will save you some dollars ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This sounds as if I wrote it myself! I signed up for Birchbox in Sept, Ipsy in Oct, Popsugar in November, then like 5 others all in January. Once I discovered this world of subscription boxes I just lost my mind for a minute. I finally have narrowed it back down to 3 regular monthly subs (Birchbox, Julep, and Graze box) and one quarterly sub (FabFitFun) and then Golden Tote here and there when I have the money. I just cancelled my Popsugar sub this month but as soon as another good coupon comes up I'm sure I will re-sub! There are just SO many out there and I want to try them all. I have been working a ton of OT at work though and that is my justification for spoiling myself with subs ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So far I have now I signed up for 3!!!!!  
icon_eek.gif
  PopSugar Box, Birchbox and then wait listed for Ipsy.  And I think I am going to stop.

My first PopSugar box, wasn't in love with, but didn't absolutely hate... I am going to give that three months before I make a decision.   Birchbox, got my first one last night - LOVED IT!!!!  Not the tea so much, but the other stuff!!!!  And then Ipsy I went ahead and signed up for a year, so that will be at least a year of it to decide - and that is once I get off the wait list.

I started off with Klutch Club and cancelled after my first month because I didn't love it. 

Then I got into Birchbox and Ipsy around September or October. 

Now I have, in addition to Birchbox and Ipsy, Popsugar, Bijoux Box, Julep, Golden Tote and a wine subscription. Plus I have gotten the past two PSMH LE boxes. I am a sub addict...or at least well on my way. 
sadyes.gif

I justify it in a few different ways. 

1. They make me happy.

2. I spend only from my petty cash fund.

3. I make sure to get a great deal. (i.e. discount code, use points for purchase, sub for multiple months to get a discount, etc)

4. I make sure to sub to things I really want and/or need. (Do I really NEED anything? hmmmmmm)

5. Going thru a breakup after a two year relationship that gave NOTHING. I feel I deserve to treat myself a little. 

6. I trade or gift things I really don't want or will use. 

7. I force myself to try something new and that is really fun sometimes. 

8. I get to socialize on MUT with you ladies about our "addiction" = PRICELESS and no one else in the world would understand. hahaha! 
cheer2.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I started off with Klutch Club and cancelled after my first month because I didn't love it. 

Then I got into Birchbox and Ipsy around September or October. 

Now I have, in addition to Birchbox and Ipsy, Popsugar, Bijoux Box, Julep, Golden Tote and a wine subscription. Plus I have gotten the past two PSMH LE boxes. I am a sub addict...or at least well on my way. 
sadyes.gif

I justify it in a few different ways. 

1. They make me happy.

2. I spend only from my petty cash fund.

3. I make sure to get a great deal. (i.e. discount code, use points for purchase, sub for multiple months to get a discount, etc)

4. I make sure to sub to things I really want and/or need. (Do I really NEED anything? hmmmmmm)

5. Going thru a breakup after a two year relationship that gave NOTHING. I feel I deserve to treat myself a little. 

6. I trade or gift things I really don't want or will use. 

7. I force myself to try something new and that is really fun sometimes. 

8. I get to socialize on MUT with you ladies about our "addiction" = PRICELESS and no one else in the world would understand. hahaha! 
cheer2.gif

Oooh a wine sub? Do telllll......
gulp.gif

I counted how many subscriptions I have it is is eight: Popsugar, FabFitFun, BeautyBox5, Birchbox, Escape Monthly, Treatsie, Barkbox, and MeUndies. I am outta control!! I need to cancel some and stick to budget of about $15/week or $60/month.

I get:

PopSugar

Birchbox x 4, plus a gift sub

Ipsy

Glossybox

Sample Society

StitchFix

Orange Glad

Dollar Shave Club (every other month)

New Beauty Test Tube (every other month)

Wantable Intimates

I work full time AND a part time job on the weekends, which covers the cost of my subs. I use a lot of the stuff I get in subs for gifts, I look at it as a way to save time (working over 40hrs a week, and weekends spent at a mall) I don't have time or desire to cruise around looking for gifts or pay shipping online. I trade/donate/sell a lot too, so I don't have a lot of stuff from boxes laying around that I won't use (my entire trade list fits in one glossybox). I don't purchase much makeup outside of what I get from subs/trades.  

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh a wine sub? Do telllll......
gulp.gif

I do Chandon. It's $75 every other month and includes exclusive winery only wines and the value of the wines (usually 2-3 bottles) is typically well over $100) For December they always send two magnums. Yay!!! I love sparkling wine so it works out but they also have a still wine option. Most wineries do some sort of service like this but I like Chandon because the price point is good for me and they offer major discounts to their subscribers. 50% off during Black Friday!!!. I live close to Napa so the shipping is pretty low, but can probably get crazy the further away you are. 
ot.gif
 Sorry if I'm off topic btw...

I have popsugar, FFF, one birchbox, and order golden tote sometimes. Definitely thinking of joining a wine club again. We joined one from a tiny winery we love and they closed! I've also heard good things about mumm napa. Some friends joined and basically drank champagne for a year. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back