POPSUGAR Must Have - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AliMo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ugh, how disappointing and frustrating (a lot of your time used up and possible food safety issues). What meals did you get? It was very hard to pick a meal because the pictures all looked good but common sense told me to figure out a meal that might be ok frozen and then defrosted (still couldn't figure out what that would be). Maybe let PopSugar know, so they don't keep promoting the brand. I'll let you know how mine turns out when it arrives next week. How were the serving sizes?
I ordered the Chicken Cacciatore Penne meal, the serving sizes were decent, not huge but I am sure plenty of food. I didn't cook or anything, when I saw the date I just left them in the cooler they arrived in with the dry ice and emailed the company. The response I got was this:

Dear valued customer,
Thank you for your recent order! We here at Pop-Up Pantry take great pride in our food-safety procedures. With that in mind, we want to let you know about a printing error regarding the expiration date on some items you may have recently ordered. These items were erroneously labeled with an expiration date of 4/7/2012. This was a typographical error: these items are best used by 4/7/2013.

The following are the menus that were affected by this printing error:

Cod Provencal with Zucchini Fondue

Heirloom Vegetable Pot Pie

Chicken Cacciatore Penne

Moroccan Lamb Stew

Turkey Meatloaf Sliders

Seared Halibut with Ginger Soy Glaze

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email us at[email protected] or call us at 424-2-Pantry.
Eat Well, 
I still don't think I will be eating this food.....
sadno.gif

I just signed up for the November box, the scarf and movie tickets won me over :-D. Though now i'm sad I didn't get that box! I also used the $5 off code going around. I'll probably be staying away from the pantry boxes though.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, a couple of people said they ordered the Becky's caramels online. How much is in one of those packages? Because our sample sizes say they are 4oz, and that is the full size of their regular packages. I think they merely re-used the stickers, but how many caramels was in one full sized bag? $10 is a little steep for three caramels.
The three-caramel bag I received was 1.25 ounces per my digital postage scale, so four ounces of caramel is probably about ten pieces.  I don't think they're *that* good, especially when I think about Trader Joe's sea salt caramels.  Much cheaper and far easier to get!

Originally Posted by mstlcmn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the Chicken Cacciatore Penne meal, the serving sizes were decent, not huge but I am sure plenty of food. I didn't cook or anything, when I saw the date I just left them in the cooler they arrived in with the dry ice and emailed the company. The response I got was this:

Dear valued customer,
Thank you for your recent order! We here at Pop-Up Pantry take great pride in our food-safety procedures. With that in mind, we want to let you know about a printing error regarding the expiration date on some items you may have recently ordered. These items were erroneously labeled with an expiration date of 4/7/2012. This was a typographical error: these items are best used by 4/7/2013.

The following are the menus that were affected by this printing error:

Cod Provencal with Zucchini Fondue

Heirloom Vegetable Pot Pie

Chicken Cacciatore Penne

Moroccan Lamb Stew

Turkey Meatloaf Sliders

Seared Halibut with Ginger Soy Glaze

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email us at[email protected] or call us at 424-2-Pantry.
Eat Well, 
I still don't think I will be eating this food.....
sadno.gif

I don't know what to think about this. Obviously, this "printing error" is something they should have corrected before sending out the food. But, I'm not even sure I should believe them.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The three-caramel bag I received was 1.25 ounces per my digital postage scale, so four ounces of caramel is probably about ten pieces.  I don't think they're *that* good, especially when I think about Trader Joe's sea salt caramels.  Much cheaper and far easier to get!
I just bought a package of them today and have been eating them. Great minds think alike, again and again! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hello Moonittude, mstlcmn, tulippop, AliMo, Lisa N, Beauty-Flawed, and nelliebelle1197,

David here, co-founder of Pop-Up Pantry. I'm thrilled whenever somebody is talking about our service, though I certainly hate to hear anyone has a poor experience with Pop-Up Pantry. A small number of our customers were affected by a recent printing error, where an incorrect expiration date was applied to labels affixed to some of our food items. Obviously, this led to much confusion, with customers believing they were sent expired food. The good news is that this wasn't the case: The food was actually very recently prepared. (That, and we were not even open to the public in April 2012, when the label says the food expired.) The bad news is that we left our customers confused, and believing we sent them an inferior product.

I sincerely regret our mistake, and we have reached out to our customers to let them know about the error and how sorry we are. It's unacceptable, and we're working hard to ensure this problem never repeats itself.

We strive to deliver delicious gourmet dinners, and we're super-focused on going above and beyond food safety requirements. That's why anything that gets in the way of those goals is something that keeps me up at night, and I certainly hate to hear a printing error could turn people away from our service. Rest assured, we would never send expired food, and all of our menus go through rigorous testing and meet stringent safety requirements. But that doesn't excuse our error, and for that I apologize.

I do hope you'll give Pop-Up Pantry a chance. And not to sound too "Hair Club for Men," but I'm not just the co-founder -- I'm also a big customer of ours, enjoying our dinners a couple times per week. And I certainly would never put anything on my plate that wasn't safe, let alone not tasty. Our goal is to bring a restaurant-quality experience to your dining room table, whether you live in a major city or only get to see creative new cuisine on TV or Pinterest. We've shipped thousands of dinners nationwide to scores of enthusiastic and satiated customers. But today I speak for our entire team when I say: Our error was inexcusable, I'm sorry it happened, and I'm working hard to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns personally. (please read our Terms of Service)

Eat Well,

David

Thank you for the awesome customer service David. I emailed regarding my experience with the service and received a return email, not a canned acknowledgement, but an honest to goodness response within the hour. It's refreshing to deal with business owners who know how to treat customers.

Originally Posted by davidhauslaib /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello Moonittude, mstlcmn, tulippop, AliMo, Lisa N, Beauty-Flawed, and nelliebelle1197,

David here, co-founder of Pop-Up Pantry. I'm thrilled whenever somebody is talking about our service, though I certainly hate to hear anyone has a poor experience with Pop-Up Pantry. A small number of our customers were affected by a recent printing error, where an incorrect expiration date was applied to labels affixed to some of our food items. Obviously, this led to much confusion, with customers believing they were sent expired food. The good news is that this wasn't the case: The food was actually very recently prepared. (That, and we were not even open to the public in April 2012, when the label says the food expired.) The bad news is that we left our customers confused, and believing we sent them an inferior product.

I sincerely regret our mistake, and we have reached out to our customers to let them know about the error and how sorry we are. It's unacceptable, and we're working hard to ensure this problem never repeats itself.

We strive to deliver delicious gourmet dinners, and we're super-focused on going above and beyond food safety requirements. That's why anything that gets in the way of those goals is something that keeps me up at night, and I certainly hate to hear a printing error could turn people away from our service. Rest assured, we would never send expired food, and all of our menus go through rigorous testing and meet stringent safety requirements. But that doesn't excuse our error, and for that I apologize.

I do hope you'll give Pop-Up Pantry a chance. And not to sound too "Hair Club for Men," but I'm not just the co-founder -- I'm also a big customer of ours, enjoying our dinners a couple times per week. And I certainly would never put anything on my plate that wasn't safe, let alone not tasty. Our goal is to bring a restaurant-quality experience to your dining room table, whether you live in a major city or only get to see creative new cuisine on TV or Pinterest. We've shipped thousands of dinners nationwide to scores of enthusiastic and satiated customers. But today I speak for our entire team when I say: Our error was inexcusable, I'm sorry it happened, and I'm working hard to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns personally.

Eat Well,

David
This is awesome! I love when the people in charge reach out. Thank you David! I cannot wait to receive my Pop-Up Pantry choice.

I love the response from David -- it's so refreshing to have a company take responsibility, acknowledge that it is an "unacceptable" issue, and apologize without making excuses.  It makes it so much easier to move on (and to like/trust them!) -- if Sindulge or The Look Bag had done this instead of making crappy excuses, they might not have had so many nay-sayers when attempting relaunches.  I'll definitely be trying Pop-Up Pantry now!  

Thanks so much for the explanation David!  I was holding off on placing my order, but after the awesome service you've shown, I'll be doing it ASAP.  (And BTW, I'm a loooong time reader of Trent's, you two are awesome, congrats on your engagement!)

Thank you David, the time you took to come here and provide assurance about the mix-up is much appreciated! 
smile.gif

that is awesome that david came and responded personally, i ordered the wellington and frankly i'm excited to get it and may just stick around to see what november has in store!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Jenn

I got my pop-up pantry order and I just cancelled. As lovely as the idea of the subscription is, I couldn't justify the price or environmental impact I was making by purchasing such an item. While I understand that this was the way to keep the food fresh, I felt completely guilty about the styrofoam box and how many resources it took to send it to my house. I'm not completely hippie granola but we all do make our own choices what we feel is worth the impact and I live close enough to more local food sources. Glad to try it out and I love start-up companies especially ones where the owners are invested in making sure customers are happy. Maybe a better choice for people with fewer local food options.

I'm trying to finish reading the Perks of Being a Wallflower so I can watch the movie!

Got my pop up pantry today. The best thing in it was the dry ice. I put it in a pot with water and it started "smoking" lol

Got my pop up pantry today. The best thing in it was the dry ice. I put it in a pot with water and it started "smoking" lol
Lol. Which one did you order?

Hoisin Ginger Braised Short Ribs. Haven't tried it yet until tomorrow. 

Comes with:

Star Anise Scented Congee

Starter: Warm Asparagus Salad

Dessert: Coconut Sesame Bread Pudding

I got my Pop Up Pantry meal last week and I canceled as well. I agree that the packaging is ridiculous and the food wasn't anything great. It was so so.

Latest posts

Back