POPSUGAR Must Have - September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my pop up pantry items on Halloween and made them last night. Overall, I wasn't impressed. I got the turkey sliders. The dessert I received (crostata) was completely broken and was in crumbles. Didn't care for the salad. Also, there weren't any directions for the cranberry dressing so I just threw that in the boiling water towards the end. The whole time I couldn't help but feel like I was eating canned meat.

Didn't like how the ink from the labels melted off and was floating in the water. Hopefully none of that got into the food.

Thankfully, it was free! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That ink in the water annoyed me, too! It got stuck to the sides of the pot and I had to scrub really hard to get it off.

My pot was stainless steel, so I could see the bits of ink. There must be a way to do this without the labels on - just attach them on a tape and then remove.

Re: the Pop-Up Pantry coupon not working, I too tried to use it to no avail. I had to contact customer service, at at that time was told that the coupon had "expired"....which wouldn't have been an issue, had an expiration date been listed on the coupon (which it was not -- in NO place did it say that there was an expiration date). They did give me a small credit, but not nearly enough to cover the cost of a meal.

Had there been an expiration date listed, then it's completely fair game to have the coupon "expire". However, barring that, the company should just suck it up and allow us to redeem them. Simply saying, "Well, we meant for there to be an expiration but didn't list it" is b.s.  If they made the mistake, then they should deal with it. Can you imagine if I told my credit card company: "Well, I meant to mail the payment on time, but didn't" ? 

For those of you who didn't get to use your Pop-Up Pantry code -- feel lucky.  Despite canceling TWICE, they've charged me every month.  Then they have to turn around and refund the money.  It's freaking rediculous and they're lucky that $76 a month isn't going to cause overdraw problems for me, because I'm sure it would for many people. I've moved past "annoyed" and am now at "un-freaking-believable."

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those of you who didn't get to use your Pop-Up Pantry code -- feel lucky.  Despite canceling TWICE, they've charged me every month.  Then they have to turn around and refund the money.  It's freaking rediculous and they're lucky that $76 a month isn't going to cause overdraw problems for me, because I'm sure it would for many people. I've moved past "annoyed" and am now at "un-freaking-believable."
I didn't use my Pop-Up Pantry code since it seemed complicated to cook, expensive, and I have kids I'm cooking for so it wouldn't be enough for a meal for us.  Then there were bad reviews and I was glad I hadn't used it.  Now I'm thrilled I didn't use it as I certainly don't need problems cancelling.  I certainly never felt like PS owed me anything because I didn't use it quickly.  Just like I don't feel like they owe me anything because I didn't use my movie tickets before they left the theater.  I would never assume that something like this was good forever even without an expiration.  I know I got right on ordering my razor blades from the must have mens box as that is something I was actively interested in.  If the code doesn't work in a few months because someone didn't use it... they should have.

I have been disappointed many times to find out that gift cards that someone paid real money for had conditions and the money disappeared before I got around to using them though it didn't say that on the card anywhere.  Apparently it says that in small print on the website so everyone should know.  I've just learn to use stuff I want quickly or to give it away/throw it away as it will be useless soon.

Back