PopSugar Must Have September 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my box yesterday. There was no shipping email. But I was just so happy to finally lay my hands on that scarf. It is sooooo soft and sheer, and delicate. I love it. It feels and looks very expensive. I've never paid more than $30 for a decorative scarf, but I totally get why people would pay that much for it, if they can afford it. It is way bigger than I thought. I have to fold it in half to get it to look like a scarf, which is fine. I tried making it into an "open cover up" like in the scarf video, upthread and it was dragging on the floor. I expect I will wear it a lot this fall.

Classy confession of the day: I recently figured out that I can wear a scarf over my top, and go braless in public. I'm not sure if I'm a genius for figuring this out, or an idiot for not thinking of it sooner.

I ate the brownie. It was weird. I liked it. It tasted good, but it smelled like tamari sauce?
love scarf over top comment! so many times rushing kids to school to not be late, i've wrapped myself in a scarf! i always walk them in and we pass parents, officers, crossing guards, bus duty teachers and so on! only us with smaller boobs could pull it off - one of my besties has to sleep in a bra, for me i would go crazy, her real boobs and she is tiny!! first thing i do when i get home is take it off and get in comfy clothes!! 

tamari sauce!?! ha! i don't do nuts, i despise peanut butter - did not eat brownie nor other nut thing, gave to the aforementioned officer on way to school on a non late day, who loves PS snacks!!

love scarf over top comment! so many times rushing kids to school to not be late, i've wrapped myself in a scarf! i always walk them in and we pass parents, officers, crossing guards, bus duty teachers and so on! only us with smaller boobs could pull it off - one of my besties has to sleep in a bra, for me i would go crazy, her real boobs and she is tiny!! first thing i do when i get home is take it off and get in comfy clothes!! 

tamari sauce!?! ha! i don't do nuts, i despise peanut butter - did not eat brownie nor other nut thing, gave to the aforementioned officer on way to school on a non late day, who loves PS snacks!!
I dunno, I am a C cup, so not too tiny, I just wear a big scarf. I guess that is tiny compared to some. I have hives, right now, so a bra is like cruel and unusual punishment. I still need to run errands and go to class, so this was my solution. I don't think sleeping in a bra is good for you. Your boobs have lymph nodes and if you wear a bra too much you can get scar tissue. Even when I am not itchy, I try to only wear a bra when I am going to be in public, or around mixed company. It's for health reasons.

I can see how you'd get scar tissue if you were wearing the wrong size, but a well-fitting bra should be completely comfortable. (I mean, no more inconvenient or uncomfortable than wearing a shirt)

beware of the back of your earrings! I just snagged my scarf on it. Very delicate but still love it.

I can see how you'd get scar tissue if you were wearing the wrong size, but a well-fitting bra should be completely comfortable. (I mean, no more inconvenient or uncomfortable than wearing a shirt)
A friend of mine has scar tissue lumps from her bra, that was what her doctor called them. I envy you, if bras are not any more uncomfortable than a shirt. I spend money on the better, more flattering, more comfortable bras, and I still think they are torture after a few hours. I don't even do push ups or anything like that.

Agreed on the bras not being comfortable, even what I measure as my correct size. I generally take them off as soon as I get home too.

This led to one being on the back of the couch, which my 3-year-old daughter grabbed and pretended to take a bite of. To which I said "Bras are not food!" which made her laugh hysterically! Then she kept saying it back to me along with "Don't eat the bra!" And also shared that with my husband while they were in line at the grocery store! She's silly.

I dunno, I am a C cup, so not too tiny, I just wear a big scarf. I guess that is tiny compared to some. I have hives, right now, so a bra is like cruel and unusual punishment. I still need to run errands and go to class, so this was my solution. I don't think sleeping in a bra is good for you. Your boobs have lymph nodes and if you wear a bra too much you can get scar tissue. Even when I am not itchy, I try to only wear a bra when I am going to be in public, or around mixed company. It's for health reasons.
you beat me! i am a B.....you poor thing with hives, is it from an allergy? how long does it last? ouchy! i would never wear a bra if it was an option but some outfits def require one even with my size! also, mine kill b/c of monthly ordeal, then i need one! my mother still freaks on me (yes, fully grown up with kiddos) about not wearing bras but much worse about my refusal of wearing PANTYHOSE! she does not understand how anyone can live life nor go anywhere without wearing pantyhose as she calls them!! i did just read that kate middleton wears them so perhaps my mom is right!! ha! 

i have tried every kind, every style and always uncomfy! i wish they felt like a shirt, i love the cami's with built in ones..those are probably the most comfortable for me!!

For those who are well-endowed, this is comfortable to wear around the house, and provides some very light support:

http://www.amazon.com/BreastNest-Womens-Alternative-Large-Orchid/dp/B00N36JT1E/

I personally wouldn't wear one without something over it, but apparently some people just wear them as-is. 
mine are way too small! if i wore that with nothing over it to drop kids at school, i would be talk of the town - then again they would probably be laughing as i would need at least 4 of the PS pink balls from the march box shoved inside to even be able to wear it! 

I can never find a bra that fits, I guess I am just bra stupid, when I do the "measuring" the size they suggest does not even come close to fitting. Will never understand bras :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Me either!  When I measure it says I need a band like 5 sizes or so bigger than I normally wear, and cup sizes so big I could fit another set of boobs in them!  I think the way things are measured is inaccurate for certain shapes of boobs.  And it feels to me like certain brands are cutting their sizes smaller than they used to.  (Target, I'm looking at you! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)  You're not stupid, bras are stupid! haha

you beat me! i am a B.....you poor thing with hives, is it from an allergy? how long does it last? ouchy! i would never wear a bra if it was an option but some outfits def require one even with my size! also, mine kill b/c of monthly ordeal, then i need one! my mother still freaks on me (yes, fully grown up with kiddos) about not wearing bras but much worse about my refusal of wearing PANTYHOSE! she does not understand how anyone can live life nor go anywhere without wearing pantyhose as she calls them!! i did just read that kate middleton wears them so perhaps my mom is right!! ha! 
They need to make some pantyhose that are cooling on the legs!  That's the only way you'd ever get me in another pair before I die.  Seriously, so freaking hot and itchy!  *shudders*  

I get hormonal hive like itching every other month it seems, usually on the edges of my chest (sometimes outer edges, lately inner edges).  I googled it and apparently a ton of women are getting this issue more and more these days, and nobody knows why, even doctors.  I can't wear my usual underwire bras when this happens, but there is a bra I got at Target that is so comfortable and doesn't irritate the itching too bad.  It is as comfy as a tshirt (and I'm a D cup). 

It holds shape well, and is stretchy, but not thin and flimsy like those Genie bras etc.  This one is sturdy and fits well under most shirts, even low cut ones.  

http://www.target.com/p/playtex-women-s-simply-sized-wirefree-bra-p844/-/A-14505683#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick rave!  I got my Nike order today.  I bought the pink studio wrap shoes that were on clearance, and they are awesome!  I'm happy PopSugar put the Nike gift card in the box this month.  One of the few gift cards I've received from them that was truly useful.  

If anybody is looking at the studio wraps, I suggest sizing up one size.  I'm a firm 9.5/10, and ordered these in the xl size--for 10.5-12 shoe size.  They fit my feet perfect, and there is NO way they'd fit a 10.5-12, lol.  

And thanks again to whoever it was that originally suggested them in a post!  I am too tired to go look the post up, but you know who you are, lol.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A friend of mine has scar tissue lumps from her bra, that was what her doctor called them. I envy you, if bras are not any more uncomfortable than a shirt. I spend money on the better, more flattering, more comfortable bras, and I still think they are torture after a few hours. I don't even do push ups or anything like that.
I can never find a bra that fits, I guess I am just bra stupid, when I do the "measuring" the size they suggest does not even come close to fitting. Will never understand bras :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
pbpink, on 24 Sept 2014 - 5:27 PM, said:i have tried every kind, every style and always uncomfy! i wish they felt like a shirt, i love the cami's with built in ones..those are probably the most comfortable for me!!
Me either!  When I measure it says I need a band like 5 sizes or so bigger than I normally wear, and cup sizes so big I could fit another set of boobs in them!  I think the way things are measured is inaccurate for certain shapes of boobs.  And it feels to me like certain brands are cutting their sizes smaller than they used to.  (Target, I'm looking at you! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)  You're not stupid, bras are stupid! haha
I've posted this fit guide before, can't remember which thread, and a lot of people found it helpful:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/fit_guide

This fit guide (honestly the whole subreddit, and all the links on the sidebar to the right) is immensely helpful in helping you measure properly and taking all of those measurements to find bras that will fit. A bra of the right fit honestly should not feel like torture. Everything else I have to say is said better on the fit guide, so just check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mystery allergies. I think I have figured out that this time it was triggered by murumuru oil, which is in my new tarte lipstick. A few years ago, I had a reoccurring hives problem, and murumuru was one of the suspects, but so was gardenia. This time wasn't as bad. I am tapering off the steroids, and still have some hives, but they seem to be getting better. I'm taking every antihistamine known to western medicine, plus a few natural ones. I've had the hives for over a month, now, but I think they will continue to get better now that I have stopped using the lipstick. Thanks for the empathy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They need to make some pantyhose that are cooling on the legs!  That's the only way you'd ever get me in another pair before I die.  Seriously, so freaking hot and itchy!  *shudders*  

I get hormonal hive like itching every other month it seems, usually on the edges of my chest (sometimes outer edges, lately inner edges).  I googled it and apparently a ton of women are getting this issue more and more these days, and nobody knows why, even doctors.  I can't wear my usual underwire bras when this happens, but there is a bra I got at Target that is so comfortable and doesn't irritate the itching too bad.  It is as comfy as a tshirt (and I'm a D cup). 

It holds shape well, and is stretchy, but not thin and flimsy like those Genie bras etc.  This one is sturdy and fits well under most shirts, even low cut ones.  

http://www.target.com/p/playtex-women-s-simply-sized-wirefree-bra-p844/-/A-14505683#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink
Huh, I get something like that too, with an itchy rash on the edge of my chest (where the bra would touch). It comes and goes. It didn't occur to me that it could be hormone related. Happens on my neck sometimes too. I'll have to check into the Target one (I'm a C or a D, depending on which measurement method I use!) And I never wear pantyhose!

I have mystery allergies. I think I have figured out that this time it was triggered by murumuru oil, which is in my new tarte lipstick. A few years ago, I had a reoccurring hives problem, and murumuru was one of the suspects, but so was gardenia. This time wasn't as bad. I am tapering off the steroids, and still have some hives, but they seem to be getting better. I'm taking every antihistamine known to western medicine, plus a few natural ones. I've had the hives for over a month, now, but I think they will continue to get better now that I have stopped using the lipstick. Thanks for the empathy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
that is so scary!! around late high school, out of no where I became allergic to cats, really scary bad hives, can't even go in a house or near someone if they have cats.....strangely, we had both dogs + cats growing up so I always thought it was bizarre as one day it just happened, I never actually went to allergist, I just avoid - at same time it started, I took pill for medical reasons so I always wondered but long off pill now and still highly allergic......but at least I know exactly what it is, I can't imagine not knowing for sure.....I wonder if you can try an eastern doctor, more and more western doctors are starting to incorporate eastern views - it has been around for a long, long time, even longer than this SEPT box for sure! this box will be on PS forever like ground hogs day! hope you feel better, have a great w/e + my goodness forget the bra!!

Back