PopSugar Must Have September 2014 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else find the Nicole Miller earphones to be of very poor quality? Mine produce so much background noise. I can't really hear well. The person I call say they can't hear me well either.  I'm wondering if I got a dud and should ask for a new pair. They're worse than my cheap $2 earphones w/ mic.
Only one ear works on mine. I emailed them about it but have yet to hear back. I wonder if I should have even bothered, now that I see multiple complaints. The most likely thing they'll do is send another pair, but those might just be defective, too.

I also worry because in Feb. I got a jewelry roll that had a stuck zipper, and they sent me a replacement. Now just a few months later I am complaining again about another bad product, so I hope they don't think I am trying to scam them or something. It should give me pause though, the fact that i got two bad products in the same year. But I still do love PSMH overall, and will likely buy another box in the future if I like any spoilers.

Me either! When I measure it says I need a band like 5 sizes or so bigger than I normally wear, and cup sizes so big I could fit another set of boobs in them! I think the way things are measured is inaccurate for certain shapes of boobs. And it feels to me like certain brands are cutting their sizes smaller than they used to. (Target, I'm looking at you! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) You're not stupid, bras are stupid! haha
I have to chime in with my bra find. www.decentexposures.com They will talk you through measuring and will take it back to make adjustments if needed. They do band sizes between the usual 34 36 etc. And can shorten and lengthen straps. No referral link. I just love them

Bummer about the headphones. I haven't used mine, yet. They look so cute.

I was about to give up trying to find anything on Nike that I wanted, but today I scored on this moon t-shirt. I got the black one and a small, even though technically my boobs shouldn't fit. I figure it is a loose fit, so it just won't be as loose on me.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/run-lunar-t-shirt/pid-1486899/pgid-10273348?cp=usns_kw_AL!1778!3!50877206145!!!g!!61161608920!c&ef_id=UXq76gAAAWRxHpXK:20141004043619:s

I'm just not a very sporty person. Of course I would wear shoes or yoga wear, but those are so much more than the $20 gift code, and I don't really need them. I was tempted by some of the sports bras, but I guess I'm just not ready to spend that much on one, as I know I wouldn't use it enough to justify spending that much. I didn't want sports socks. But the t-shirt is right up my alley. Edited to add, the moon print on it glows in the dark! Now I am I kind of want to mint one, too. But I can resist. $40 is way more than I want to pay for a t-shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the first of my gift 2 gift boxes. The raw vegan brownie, a little disappointed it wasn't a newer batch (same 9/30/14 date as the previous. Expiration? Freshness? Either way, tasted the same but won't be gifted.). The cards... still not sure about them :-( I hate receiving fancy cards because what do you do with them? Store them? Display them? I'm not into decorating so I if I receive them i usually toss them and feel guilty for a bit. Do I gift them or use them? Use them for what? The scarf and nike gift card were more than worth the box price for me as gifts, not sure what to do with everything else. Ideas?

I got the first of my gift 2 gift boxes. The raw vegan brownie, a little disappointed it wasn't a newer batch (same 9/30/14 date as the previous. Expiration? Freshness? Either way, tasted the same but won't be gifted.). The cards... still not sure about them :-( I hate receiving fancy cards because what do you do with them? Store them? Display them? I'm not into decorating so I if I receive them i usually toss them and feel guilty for a bit. Do I gift them or use them? Use them for what? The scarf and nike gift card were more than worth the box price for me as gifts, not sure what to do with everything else. Ideas?
I sent the pencils and cards to my cousin who is a teacher. She's the only person I know who I could picture using a pencil.

Just placed my nike order! I got two cute pairs of running socks (pink and mango colored) for $1.34 with two-day shipping. Definitely one of the BEST PS gift cards we've gotten, because it is an actual gift card at a store people like.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just placed my nike order! I got two cute pairs of running socks (pink and mango colored) for $1.34 with two-day shipping. Definitely one of the BEST PS gift cards we've gotten, because it is an actual gift card at a store people like.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree. This really was an awesome treat! It was a true gift card with no restrictions and free shipping. I was able to get a pair of Nike sneaks for my son for a little over 5 bucks with tax, and then I ordered a deep V Yankees tee for myself. His shoes came in already and he is so happy! Can't wait to get my cute shirt. It will be adorable with some boyfriend jeans rolled up and black heels or booties. I wish they gave more true gift cards. I still have the Gorjana one from ages ago, but they won't let you use it on sale items, which I don't understand, and the shipping is steep for just jewelry.

Did anyone else find the Nicole Miller earphones to be of very poor quality? Mine produce so much background noise. I can't really hear well. The person I call say they can't hear me well either.  I'm wondering if I got a dud and should ask for a new pair. They're worse than my cheap $2 earphones w/ mic.
I noticed that mine were poor quality also. As I was taking them out of the box, one side of the headphones broke. I had to push it back together and now the end that goes in your ear keeps coming out.The sound wasn't very good either. I'm so glad I didn't actually purchase these headphones since they are such bad quality. Overall I liked the box. The brownie was disappointing though. I didn't care for the taste and I usually like raw foods. I can't wait to use my Nike GG.

Does anyone still have their free 2-day shipping code from their Nike giftcard? I bought shoes and had to return them, so I got my giftcard back but not the shipping promo code :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I noticed that mine were poor quality also. As I was taking them out of the box, one side of the headphones broke. I had to push it back together and now the end that goes in your ear keeps coming out.The sound wasn't very good either. I'm so glad I didn't actually purchase these headphones since they are such bad quality. Overall I liked the box. The brownie was disappointing though. I didn't care for the taste and I usually like raw foods. I can't wait to use my Nike GG.
Even my 13-year old won't use the ear buds because of the quality. Overall, I'm super happy with the box but I wonder how this product passed-quality control tests.

wow, this box looks amazing! I wish I was still subbed! 

is there a swap thread for this month? I can't find it, but there are many things I would like to trade for!

I wrote to them about the headphones because one side didn't work at all. I don't expect audiophile quality on these, but I should at least be able to hear sound out of both ears! Anyhoo, they wrote back and said they are happy to send a replacement. Fingers crossed the new ones work when I get them.

Does anyone still have their free 2-day shipping code from their Nike giftcard? I bought shoes and had to return them, so I got my giftcard back but not the shipping promo code :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I sent you a message.  I have used mine, but if it isn't one time use, maybe you can use it again?

I may be the only person who really loved the Urban Remedy brownie... but not $7 worth.  I hoped that the $15 gc they e-mailed me could be combined with the $10 we got in the box, but they cannot.  It is disappointing that our gc is worth less than the code you get just for signing up to their e-mail list.

Back