Popsugar Must Have Summer 2015 Limited Edition Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my box today.  My thoughts on the contents once I had them in my cold hands:

- LOVE the tote.  It looks/feels like it's made well and it's sturdy.  I Scotchgard'ed the bejesus out of it so I can keep it clean as long as possible (I Scotchgard EVERYTHING and have a bit of a love affair with the stuff).

- The body oil was a nice surprise.  On 1st sniff it reminded me of the little kid perfume you would get in those play makeup sets that were in the "toy" section of the grocery store in the 1970's (just aged myself). BUT the scent faded quickly and it looks great on the legs.  It's a subtle sheen.

- The Paddle Ball/Smashball set will be used.  I live in So Cal so these will get lots of play at the beach.  I love the pattern and the fact they come in a case.

- The honey will be used and is already at home in the pantry.

- The tray has me stumped.  It's cute but not my style.  I can't think of anyone to gift it to so for now it is in the linen closet awaiting a purpose.

- The Kendra Scott cuff is really pretty but I just know I will never wear it.  I listed it on ebay (cheaply) this evening so hopefully it will sell and it would be like getting a rebate on the box.

This was a good and fun one!  I am still looking forward to the June box!

I...have never used Scotchgard.  It works?  Is this another thing I need in my life?
Yes!  It protects it from stains/water, etc.  It forms a bit of a barrier so things can't soak in and stains of any kind come off easier because they can't penetrate as much.  I use it on anything canvas or suede before I use/wear it.  I use on my daughter's school backpack, too.  Great stuff.

I received my box today.  My thoughts on the contents once I had them in my cold hands:

- LOVE the tote.  It looks/feels like it's made well and it's sturdy.  I Scotchgard'ed the bejesus out of it so I can keep it clean as long as possible (I Scotchgard EVERYTHING and have a bit of a love affair with the stuff).

- The body oil was a nice surprise.  On 1st sniff it reminded me of the little kid perfume you would get in those play makeup sets that were in the "toy" section of the grocery store in the 1970's (just aged myself). BUT the scent faded quickly and it looks great on the legs.  It's a subtle sheen.

- The Paddle Ball/Smashball set will be used.  I live in So Cal so these will get lots of play at the beach.  I love the pattern and the fact they come in a case.

- The honey will be used and is already at home in the pantry.

- The tray has me stumped.  It's cute but not my style.  I can't think of anyone to gift it to so for now it is in the linen closet awaiting a purpose.

- The Kendra Scott cuff is really pretty but I just know I will never wear it.  I listed it on ebay (cheaply) this evening so hopefully it will sell and it would be like getting a rebate on the box.

This was a good and fun one!  I am still looking forward to the June box!
I thought the tray would make a nice wedding/engagement or bridal shower gift.

My box came. I think I like it more than seeing it in person than just from the pictures. I didn't expect the shimmer oil to be that big. I've been wanting to try the brand so I'm excited to use it. I've tried other shimmer oils before and they are not bad. I'm not a big shimmer person but usually they just add more glow than shimmer which is nice especially for legs. My kids will get use out of the paddle game and I can use the beach bag too. The little tray is ok. I might use it or gift it to a family member who might find it more useful. The cuff is pretty but I'll probably gift it too. The honey will be used up too. Overall I think this is a great box and exceeded my expectations.

Is anyone else a fan of the Omorovicza gold shimmer oil that came in this box? I've finally gotten around to use it and I really like it. The subtle glow is great and it feels great. The herbal smell is not something I'm a huge fan of but it seems to disappear after a while. I'm not usually a gold oil type of person but this oil just gives nice glow and is not glittery. After applying it on the body, I use the left overs on my hands on my hair and it really gives nice shine to my hair as well. Doesn't seem to weigh it down if used sparingly. This is not a product I would have bought myself so I'm really glad I got it to try it in this box.

Is anyone else a fan of the Omorovicza gold shimmer oil that came in this box? I've finally gotten around to use it and I really like it. The subtle glow is great and it feels great.
I haven't used it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I had originally put it up for swap, but after reading the reviews & seeing the beautiful bottle in person I decided to keep it for myself! I love the smell : )

I was lucky enough to purchase the box from someone on MSA. I loooooooove it!  The only thing that doesn't work for me is the cuff :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's too narrow at one end for my arm.  So I'll swap it.  Other than that I love everything in the box, and I'm def taking the bag as my carry one this summer. It's HUGE!

I love the bag but I am a little concerned that when it is packed up it may cause me to topple over.  That thing is MASSIVE I think I could fit inside if I really tried (and no I haven't tried.... yet) LOL

Back