PopSugar + Neiman Marcus Collaboration **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loooove my box much more in person!!!!! Gray throw, blue plates and zebra dish. I love dainty gold jewelry but the necklace doesn't fit me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the eyeshadow is soo luxe . The pinks are interesting but the gold/black are gorgeous. I have throws from target and pottery barn but this one is so high quality, easy to care for AND stylish. I'm definitely getting another zebra dish or two. I have little piles of jewelry all over my place, I actually can't believe I haven't bought something like this already! The only thing I won't use is the necklace, I'll just eBay it.
I love the zebra tray!! This is so bad but I have to smile every time I see it. It makes me think of a road kill zebra. I know I'm a horrible person but I giggle every time I see it! I'm hoping to trade to get one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh great, now I will be thinking roadkill zebra when I see my dish at work! Heehee, I didnt think I would love the green zebra but it really brightens my work space.

Oh great, now I will be thinking roadkill zebra when I see my dish at work! Heehee, I didnt think I would love the green zebra but it really brightens my work space.
Roadkill Zebra sounds like a band name lol

Quote: Originally Posted by snowbenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The tag says to wash on a delicate setting.
Oh!  That's good to know.  I was thinking the same thing, since I got the light grey one its looking like it already needs a wash.  One of the downfalls of having a pet I guess. 

Quote: Originally Posted by tiffanys /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I heard back from customer service today.  They closed my ticket and replied that they hope I'm enjoying the rest of my box.....
That's awful.  I can't believe they reacted like that.  Did you end up talking to them again?  I wonder what would happen if I try to exchange at a Neiman store...

What about contacting Slim & Sage since they likely provided the plates for the box?

I heard back from customer service today.  They closed my ticket and replied that they hope I'm enjoying the rest of my box.....
I don't get it...did they just ignore what you wrote about the plates??

Quote: Originally Posted by kristab94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That's awful.  I can't believe they reacted like that.  Did you end up talking to them again?  I wonder what would happen if I try to exchange at a Neiman store...
I did not reach back out to popsugar.  I wanted to keep my eye on this thread and see if the plates were a widespread issue or more of an isolated issue before deciding how to proceed.  A Neiman store would probably replace the plates.  If you go that route, let me know how it goes!

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't get it...did they just ignore what you wrote about the plates??
No - they didn't ignore it.  They said they're sorry to hear I received damaged plates and they hope I'm enjoying the rest of the box.  And at the top of the email it had "your issue has been resolved" or some such language.  I don't expect much in the way of PSMH customer service, but since this is a collaboration with Neiman's, I expected a little bit higher level of customer service.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What about contacting Slim & Sage since they likely provided the plates for the box?
Yes, good idea.

I did not reach back out to popsugar.  I wanted to keep my eye on this thread and see if the plates were a widespread issue or more of an isolated issue before deciding how to proceed.  A Neiman store would probably replace the plates.  If you go that route, let me know how it goes!
I just looked on Neiman's website and they don't even list the plates anymore.  I'm in a different boat than you, since just one of my plates has a defect.  I'd be super bummed if they all did. 

No - they didn't ignore it.  They said they're sorry to hear I received damaged plates and they hope I'm enjoying the rest of the box.  And at the top of the email it had "your issue has been resolved" or some such language.  I don't expect much in the way of PSMH customer service, but since this is a collaboration with Neiman's, I expected a little bit higher level of customer service.
I had the same issue with my plates and they said they would replace them, that's why I was wondering. I think you should email them again asking for replacements, I would think they would provide them but then I was thinking that maybe they have run out of their replacements because I have seen a few ppl here mention issues with their plates so I'm thinkin it is a widespread issue. I may have just been one of the first to complain. Anyway I think you need to send another email, squeaky wheel gets the grease!!

I have an opportunity to buy the throw for $125. Do you guys who have it think its worth that (I know it sells for $200 on Neimanmarcus.com, but that's unrealistic to me.) Do you feel it's worth five times the cost of a regular throw. I have two dogs,who usually claim my throws, but I've been obsessing about this throw since I decided to pass on the Neimans box. Is it large and amazing? Would you pay$125 for the throw alone? Thanks for any feedback. You ladies are the best!

I have an opportunity to buy the throw for $125. Do you guys who have it think its worth that (I know it sells for $200 on Neimanmarcus.com, but that's unrealistic to me.) Do you feel it's worth five times the cost of a regular throw. I have two dogs,who usually claim my throws, but I've been obsessing about this throw since I decided to pass on the Neimans box. Is it large and amazing? Would you pay$125 for the throw alone? Thanks for any feedback. You ladies are the best!
Others may disagree but I think it's worth that as long as it's a color that you like and it works with your decor. It is a gorgeous throw. Way thicker & bigger than I expected. Thinking about the box, even though it's high value, I probably would have only paid $100 - $150 for everything else in the box, if that since a few items have no use to me or I didn't particularly care for them. So, in a way, that's what I paid for my throw. But, I wouldnt let your dogs claim this one! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have an opportunity to buy the throw for $125. Do you guys who have it think its worth that (I know it sells for $200 on Neimanmarcus.com, but that's unrealistic to me.) Do you feel it's worth five times the cost of a regular throw. I have two dogs,who usually claim my throws, but I've been obsessing about this throw since I decided to pass on the Neimans box. Is it large and amazing? Would you pay$125 for the throw alone?

Thanks for any feedback. You ladies are the best!
I love my throw!  It's a bit heavier than other cheapo ones I have, and SUPER soft.  It's pretty big, covers me totally if I want to take a little nap on the couch.  

If you have dogs, I recommend getting one of the darker colors.  I ended up with the white/grey one and my black and tan husky/lab mix's hair is visible over most of it now.  Good thing is that it seems you can wash it on delicate setting.  I'll probably wash it in some type of garment bag too. 

Yes, good idea.
I finally contacted them and they said they would replace my 2 defective plates, but they might not be the same color as the set.  Which, wouldn't be a great help.  A set of 4 plates in 2 different colors - blue and red?  I can only imagine it working on the 4th of July. So I've emailed them back again saying I do not think this is a fair solution. We'll see what happens. 

I finally contacted them and they said they would replace my 2 defective plates, but they might not be the same color as the set.  Which, wouldn't be a great help.  A set of 4 plates in 2 different colors - blue and red?  I can only imagine it working on the 4th of July. So I've emailed them back again saying I do not think this is a fair solution. We'll see what happens.
Was that Slim & Sage or Popsugar?

I actually am trading for two blue plates for two red plates so I have just that!!!

Back