PopSugar Neiman Marcus Holiday Edition Luxury Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received the email too and it said the sale was only for Circle members but I had only signed up for emails last week. Tempted to make up my own 'box' with a Shy necklace, Nest candle, holiday socks and glass water bottle, since I missed those in past Popsugar boxes. I already ordered the mirrored box on Amazon in black.
anyone can use it, you do not have to use a NM credit card or be an In Circle member

i don't think PS was thinking this out, obviously 

what if it goes on sale after christmas?!? 

There response to all of us on Facebook is laughable. I had to cancel my subscription for now, I don't want to give them anymore of my money. I could have saved myself a lot of upset and headaches is I just bought he box from NM, but I didn't know in time. Ugh

I rarely spend this kind of money on boxes, especially since I'm on maternity leave right now and not getting paid, but I wanted to splurge and gift myself something since I'm loaded in spit up and diapers.  Before I purchased I googled "popsugar must have" on the NM site and gold Dr. Dre Beats Pill speakers showed up.  I foolishly thought that might be an item in the box.  Oh well.  I really don't mind the box, though I am NOT a clutch person...and I have a hard time rationalizing what to do with it with a 6 month old.  But the fact that I could have received $50 off is infuriating.  

I'm going to go cry in a corner.  And yes, my next paycheck won't be until Sept 2015 and I kinda just blew my savings on this.  It is what it is.

I rarely spend this kind of money on boxes, especially since I'm on maternity leave right now and not getting paid, but I wanted to splurge and gift myself something since I'm loaded in spit up and diapers.  Before I purchased I googled "popsugar must have" on the NM site and gold Dr. Dre Beats Pill speakers showed up.  I foolishly thought that might be an item in the box.  Oh well.  I really don't mind the box, though I am NOT a clutch person...and I have a hard time rationalizing what to do with it with a 6 month old.  But the fact that I could have received $50 off is infuriating.  

I'm going to go cry in a corner.  And yes, my next paycheck won't be until Sept 2015 and I kinda just blew my savings on this.  It is what it is.

you might like using the clutch for now for your wallet + m/u inside of baby bag + they grow (too fast!) and you will be out + about before you know it! perhaps you would feel better if you tried a price match!! hope it helps! smile, you still got awesome goodies!! 

had a thought, put the PS box in NM cart, enter code then take a screen shot of price and try asking credit card company to price match? worth a shot for the few minutes it may take

just googled it and it seems a lot of CC's do this, if you have it on your card why not use it

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-greatest-most-underused-credit-card-perk-2013-11-19

you might like using the clutch for now for your wallet + m/u inside of baby bag + they grow (too fast!) and you will be out + about before you know it! perhaps you would feel better if you tried a price match!! hope it helps! smile, you still got awesome goodies!! 

had a thought, put the PS box in NM cart, enter code then take a screen shot of price and try asking credit card company to price match? worth a shot for the few minutes it may take

just googled it and it seems a lot of CC's do this, if you have it on your card why not use it

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-greatest-most-underused-credit-card-perk-2013-11-19
I love this suggestion, but it figures I have the only 2 cards NOT listen: AmEx and Visa.  It might be worth a call though.  And you're right about the clutch, though I wish it had slots for credit cards and cash.  I love the cobalt color...and since I won't be able to use the November box item due to the size of my phone (don't want to add spoilers here), it looks like this will be my go-to.  It would be silly to save this as being "too nice."  Might as well use it.

There response to all of us on Facebook is laughable. I had to cancel my subscription for now, I don't want to give them anymore of my money. I could have saved myself a lot of upset and headaches is I just bought he box from NM, but I didn't know in time. Ugh
try what i posted above!!

I love this suggestion, but it figures I have the only 2 cards NOT listen: AmEx and Visa.  It might be worth a call though.  And you're right about the clutch, though I wish it had slots for credit cards and cash.  I love the cobalt color...and since I won't be able to use the November box item due to the size of my phone (don't want to add spoilers here), it looks like this will be my go-to.  It would be silly to save this as being "too nice."  Might as well use it.
amex will totally do it!! that was just a link to first article that popped up when i googled it!! amex is the best of the bunch when it comes to any issues -  in fact if you bought on Amex, you can return under one of their benefits, they are helping me with an iPhone ordeal!! they have been wonderful.....

i am pretty sure sure visa has same thing too!

make sure you get the screenshot, that is most important - you need to be able to prove what the cost was! good luck!! 

amex will totally do it!! that was just a link to first article that popped up when i googled it!! amex is the best of the bunch when it comes to any issues -  in fact if you bought on Amex, you can return under one of their benefits, they are helping me with an iPhone ordeal!! they have been wonderful.....

i am pretty sure sure visa has same thing too!

make sure you get the screenshot, that is most important - you need to be able to prove what the cost was! good luck!! 
a screenshot of what I purchased the box at or the new NM price?

a screenshot of what I purchased the box at or the new NM price?
NM box at new price on the NM website - pretend like you would be buying one, enter code then take screen shot of what the new price is in the cart, save it

here is what i found at amex so it may be that you would have to actually return it vs. a price reduction, i am not sure but def save the screen shot just in case, i am sure if you call they can tell you right away, below is what i am using to help my iPhone disaster! 

• Return Protection: These features guarantee customer satisfaction on covered items charged to a card account. If a card holder tries to return an item and the merchant won’t take it back within 90 days, the card issuer will refund the purchase price. Limits on refunds per item and per year may apply, and the protection may be available for a limited period of time after purchase. Learn more about Return Protection offered by American Express.

Ugh, they told me they don't do price matching, I could only dispute the charge.  
they def used to have price matching, i have had a card for way too long!

don't deal with dispute, if anything use the return protection - this is probably what amex put as a benefit when they stopped doing price matching........

here is a article posted today!!

it has a video so if at work put volume down.......it explains what benefits different cards may have......good to know for outside of PS too!

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/11/11/secret-credit-card-benefits-holiday-shopping/

amex has only return protection not price match.....

the other cards may have different features......def take a screen shot just in case....

For any price protection program, it's up to you to file the claim and any necessary supporting material, which can include the original receipt and dated proof of a lower advertised price. Again, check the disclosure statement and any additional material for the details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little disappointed but I need to look on the bright side so here goes:

Hot chocolate > snack from last year

Lancer > oribe hair spray

Jewelry box > zebra jewelry tray

How I plan to regift

-buy a cup + hot chocolate = fancy cozy treat

-gloss and mascara for makeup enthusiast

-cool photo + frame = wedding gift

-cute charm + trinket box = graduation gift

-candle + cool matches = house warming

Lancer +Clutch = mine!

Hope this give folks some ideas

I'm a little disappointed but I need to look on the bright side so here goes:

Hot chocolate > snack from last year

Lancer > oribe hair spray

Jewelry box > zebra jewelry tray

How I plan to regift

-buy a cup + hot chocolate = fancy cozy treat

-gloss and mascara for makeup enthusiast

-cool photo + frame = wedding gift

-cute charm + trinket box = graduation gift

-candle + cool matches = house warming

Lancer +Clutch = mine!

Hope this give folks some ideas
like your ideas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LE Woman + Men's Holiday Boxes are up dear goodness
I think it's safe to say that many of us will be avoiding these!  On a separate note, I got an email from Quarterly about Tim Ferriss' box which is listed at $5,000!!!!  WHAT?!!!!!!  hahaha.  I'd love to know if someone ever purchases this as I'm curious as to what would be inside.

Even at $184 I'm not sure I want this.  I did a mental value, and I would spend

* $50 on a cool clutch.  I have four little kids, so I'm more into indestructible and giant right now.  

* $26 $19... I get a different size on that hot chocolate.  I love it and drink either that or another similar kind daily

* $25 on an awesome candle.  I have a ton of candles, but with little kids, don't use them tons

* $0 on Lancer.  I have my HG and that isn't it.  I don't gift makeup/skincare to anyone

* $25 on awesome frame.  I love gold, but again... kids... delicate... 

* $25 on Jewelry Box.  It is beautiful but... kids...

* $25 on the makeup, though I would likely regret it as how much mascara does one need?  

I'm at $176 for what I would pay which is soooo close to $184 (4% discount with ebates and $50 off). I may yet cave. Oddly, this breakdown has almost turned it into a need. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's safe to say that many of us will be avoiding these!  On a separate note, I got an email from Quarterly about Tim Ferriss' box which is listed at $5,000!!!!  WHAT?!!!!!!  hahaha.  I'd love to know if someone ever purchases this as I'm curious as to what would be inside.
I think I saw he only had 1000 or so of the $5000 boxes.  I am looking forward to MSA or someone buying one and reviewing it.  I can't imagine all 1000 will sell.  

Also... I have gotten every single LE box ever.  Even though I've resisted this NM box so far, can I really resist the mens and womens?  I mean, I know I should... but can I?

I think I saw he only had 1000 or so of the $5000 boxes.  I am looking forward to MSA or someone buying one and reviewing it.  I can't imagine all 1000 will sell.  

Also... I have gotten every single LE box ever.  Even though I've resisted this NM box so far, can I really resist the mens and womens?  I mean, I know I should... but can I?
I can only imagine what's going to be in that box. A photo book filled with pictures taken from this guy's Instagram from his "many adventures" (retail value according to Quarterly: $4000), a friendship bracelet made with thread and a plastic stamped charm that says "wanderlust" ($400), a notebook with ten pages ($75), a hand-carved pencil ($125), a bite-sized sample of a protein bar ($50), a small sampler box filled with an assortment of organic, locally sourced, fair trade, caffeine-free, sugar-free tea (each sample is 1/8 tsp, $200), and a travel guide book for Antarctica ($150). #cynical

Latest posts

Back