PopSugar Neiman Marcus Holiday Edition Luxury Box 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3/3 Neiman Marcus boxes have been major let downs, and I'm glad I've passed on each one.

I'd use everything but the clock, which is just not my style, but I'd be pissed if I paid $250 for all of that. I could go to HomeGoods and get almost identical products for well under $100.

That said, I hope the people who got it enjoy.

I got this box & the Nov box today & it felt like Christmas haha. As usual, in my opinion the box in person is even better than in the photos. I could have done without two beauty items, but they are beautifully packaged & will make awesome gifts if I don't swap them. Gifting from boxes is one of the ways I justify the costs, so I'm ok with these. The necklace is beautiful, chic & well made. I'll be wearing it a lot. The tray is really impressive. I swapped it already for some awesome stuff because I already have several large trays around my house & don't have anywhere to put it. Otherwise I would have kept it happily. Chocolate-yes! And the clock is my absolute favorite item. I'm sentimental about rocks because I had a dear uncle who was a rock hound & it is stunning! I was hoping for the blue one to compliment my all-white modern decor, but I love & will use the neutral one if I can't trade. I was just hoping for a pop of color in my very neutral home : ) Oh! I almost forgot the sunglasses - gifted as well to someone I needed a really nice Christmas gift for. I'm super happy with the box. I can't wait to see what's in the Holiday box & Rachel Zoe winter. I adore this time of year.

3/3 Neiman Marcus boxes have been major let downs, and I'm glad I've passed on each one.

I'd use everything but the clock, which is just not my style, but I'd be pissed if I paid $250 for all of that. I could go to HomeGoods and get almost identical products for well under $100.

That said, I hope the people who got it enjoy.
really? $100? I am looking forward to receiving my box.

I ordered this after seeing the full spoilers...so glad they had some left for those of us who couldn't commit.  I wasn't hugely in love with any of the individual spoilers they released but think it's worth the money now that I see the box as a whole.  I really love the décor items...the tray is right up my alley (but waaaaaaay more $$ than I would ever pay), and the clock will spice up my boring work desk.  I have always wanted to try Kevyn Aucoin products, love Deborah Lippman, and have never met a chocolate + PB candy I don't like.  The necklace and sunnies aren't really homeruns for me but I'll wear them.  I am actually much more excited for this year's box than last year's...and I MAY even get more use out of it than I would have gotten out of year 1 if I had purchased. 

Mine arrived today and I love it.

Everything really looks expensive and not "TJ Maxx" the way some people on MSA were describing. I got a lovely "grass" color for the clock, which also functions as a picture frame (if you take the back part off, there's a frame in it). I'm keeping it on my mantel and I'll light a candle behind it sometimes to see if I can get it to glow through the geode part. The DL polishes are all full size. The necklace actually looks silver rather than the gunmetal color it seemed like it was in the pictures.

The tray is really gorgeous, too. We went to Spain for our honeymoon and the tray reminded me of the Alhambra. Both the tray and the clock are very substantial and I think I would try to trade for them if I didn't already have the box. 

The sunglasses are a no for me, so they'll either be gifted or my husband may hang onto them as spares. They look expensive if you're worried about them looking nice enough to gift.

The candy is very nice but you only get nine of them so that means they average like $4 each. #fancy 

I agree about the value. I like the items in the box a lot, but feel like it's something we would have gotten for cheaper a few years ago.  $250 for these items is kind of not the right ballpark for me price-wise (esp when Rachel Zoe gives you all that for $100).  But this is the first box I've really liked the items in for awhile.

Here is the problem with the NM box value: there is no way it could ever bring the same value as the limited edition boxes.  A fun little math nerd problem....

2015 LE box values:

Holiday for her: $396

Fall: $313

Summer: $320

Resort: $370

So on average, LE boxes are $350 value for $100 cost. 

$350/$100 = $x/$250

Solving for x, the NM box would have to have a whopping $875 worth of stuff for us to feel like we are getting the same value as the LE boxes.

It's just not going to happen. 

Edited to add (because my math nerdery can't be stopped): This box was worth about $647ish, so it feels about 25% short of the expected value. A more appropriate price point given PSMH's LE box values would be $185.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the problem with the NM box value: there is no way it could ever bring the same value as the limited edition boxes.  A fun little math nerd problem....

2015 LE box values:

$350/$100 = $x/$250

Solving for x, the NM box would have to have a whopping $875 worth of stuff for us to feel like we are getting the same value as the LE boxes.

Edited to add (because my math nerdery can't be stopped): This box was worth about $647ish, so it feels about 25% short of the expected value. A more appropriate price point given PSMH's LE box values would be $185.
Really glad you put this together! I have really liked most of the LE boxes.

At some point I feel like you get diminishing returns, though, and I think that I'm one of the people for whom this box is worthwhile. I feel like if I'd gotten the Rachel Zoe ring instead of the necklace, and a $100 eye cream instead of the makeup palette, that would be a $100+ higher box value but I wouldn't notice a difference in my feelings about it, and might actually like it less. But everyone is different (and don't get me wrong, I'm eagerly waiting for the RZ box!) 

2015 LE box values:

$350/$100 = $x/$250

I too am a math nerd.  Love your post.  I received the box today and am very happy with it in person.  Love the tray.  The necklace is better in person.  Each item is quality and luxurious.  I really like the NMPS box.  But....I would not recommend it.  Not sure why.  You nailed it.  Reason = PS value.  Price point should be $185.  Still happy with the box and not regretting the purchase.  

Christmas came early... My box just arrived!! I loved & will use everything in this box. The only item I'm gifting are the chocolates- I thought it would make a great little gift for my dog groomer. I received the clock in smoke which is such a cool color-- it's gray with a blue rim around the perimeter. It actually compliments the color of the tray. Everything in this box is Super Luxe & just makes me happy. I shop a lot at homegoods & I love homegoods- the quality of the items greatly exceed anything I've ever seen or purchased from home goods

Don't get me wrong, I still think this is a great box, definitely better than last year's. I can't wait to get mine! But it's helpful for people on the fence (this year or in the future) or who get these for value rather than curation to know that the LE boxes have way higher value.

What a pleasant surprise- my box came today (Sunday?!?).  It was scheduled to arrive on Friday the 27th I went out this morning it was not there but when I came back there it was.  So weird for it to show up on a Sunday but I ll take it!  I m so excited to go thru everything!

Oh my goodness my clock is purple its so incredibly beautiful- I didn't realize purple was even an option I can't get over how gorgeous it isl!   I was excited about this box after the spoilers but man in person its incredible such beautiful high quality items.  The value of the other special edition boxes may be higher but this box and its item feel more luxurious and high quality to me personally.  Thank you pop sugar- home run!  Enjoy your goodies ladies!!

Did anyone  else have a hard time getting their clock to work?  I followed the instructions popped the clock face out, removed the plastic tab, set time and pushed in knob. The battery is in (its super teeny). But its not ticking.  I m so bummed I love this clock but its kinda useless if it doesn't work.  Any suggestions to get this little cutie ticking.

Did anyone  else have a hard time getting their clock to work?  I followed the instructions popped the clock face out, removed the plastic tab, set time and pushed in knob. The battery is in (its super teeny). But its not ticking.  I m so bummed I love this clock but its kinda useless if it doesn't work.  Any suggestions to get this little cutie ticking.
Maybe the battery is a dud... replacement clock batteries aren't too expensive if you try switching it out. Otherwise take it into a watch store to see if they can figure out the issue

I finally got my box yesterday (yay Sunday mail deliveries!)

I got a purple clock, which I am pretty excited about because I didn't want a neutral option.  It's going to look great on my desk at work! 

I watched some unboxings while I was fondling my new things...I didn't realize there were variations on the Kevyn Aucoin palette!  Someone definitely had a really pretty version where all of they shadows were purples; mine are browns.  I will get more use out of the shadows in mine, but the blush and glosses were prettier in the one she had.  No way can I pull off the bright coral in my palette. 

I'm so glad this box was still available after full spoilers came out.  In the past I have either waited and it sold out and I missed an amazing box (NM#1 and other LE boxes) or bought it right away and then totally regretted spending so much money on something I didn't love (NM#2).  It's nice to have things work out for once! 

This is a cute collection for luxury gift items same as I found on LUXEVA about luxury products and services you can avail throughout the world and enjoy these luxury items in the world of class and flavors.

Back