PopSugar Special Edition Resort Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by jennwzhu89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So this is my first Popsugar LE box..and from what I've heard in the past, they've been great and sold out super quickly. Is it weird then that this one is still for sale? After more than a week?
A couple of things might account for this. One, they might realize that they need more boxes and so there are more available (It didn't say how many on their site that I could see). The last few boxes were also close to the holidays so a lot of people picked them up as gifts, which could explain why they sold out so fast.

Edit: The resort theme might not appeal to some people either, even though I love it.

So this is my first Popsugar LE box..and from what I've heard in the past, they've been great and sold out super quickly. Is it weird then that this one is still for sale? After more than a week?
Unfortunately, for. popsugar, I think it just shows a lack of interest from customers. The only LE box I've ever seen not sell out in a day or two was the For Him Holiday in Dec.The good news is that was a great box. I liked that one better than the For Her box. Of course, there's always the chance they just made a bunch more this time. Either way, I don't think the fact that it hasn't sold out is indicative of its contents.

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately, for. popsugar, I think it just shows a lack of interest from customers. The only LE box I've ever seen not sell out in a day or two was the For Him Holiday in Dec.The good news is that was a great box. I liked that one better than the For Her box. Of course, there's always the chance they just made a bunch more this time. Either way, I don't think the fact that it hasn't sold out is indicative of its contents.

Quote: Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  A couple of things might account for this. One, they might realize that they need more boxes and so there are more available (It didn't say how many on their site that I could see). The last few boxes were also close to the holidays so a lot of people picked them up as gifts, which could explain why they sold out so fast.

Both totally valid points! I think I might just be reading too much into it. It'll be interesting to see if and when it does sell out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Definitely looking forward to receiving a spoiler soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by jennwzhu89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of people I know who were big popsugar fans recently walked away from the box totally due to the last few boxes and price increase.

The last summer box was available for a long time. I remember because I wasn't going to buy it but eventually talked myself into it a few weeks before it started shipping. Also, did the holiday box sell out quickly this year? I don't think it did either. I'm guessing they have a lot more inventory than they did with the first few.

Remember the good ol' days of the special edition boxes when they had a count down on how many boxes were left?

I haven't gone ahead and bought it yet because I haven't been wowed by the last few boxes. I liked them and everything will be used, but I couldn't justify the price increase. I'm glad so many felt they got their values worth, but I didn't. I'm hoping they'll release a spoiler soon, I'd proabably purchase then! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The last summer box was available for a long time. I remember because I wasn't going to buy it but eventually talked myself into it a few weeks before it started shipping. Also, did the holiday box sell out quickly this year? I don't think it did either. I'm guessing they have a lot more inventory than they did with the first few.
Not sure about the summer box but I know the LE Holiday Box went up on 10/30 and sold out by 10/31. It was on the heels of the NM box. Maybe they realized how quickly they were going out and decided to add more. I really hope this box is awesome!

I wonder if the better the box, the less quantities they have.  I REALLY hope that is not the case.  I am pushing myself for 5 lbs weight loss = limited edition box.  Yep, if I don't loose it, it'll have to sit there teasing me.  That's my theory anyway.

Quote: Originally Posted by northwest22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally haven't bought it because summer is my least favorite season! I buy every other special edition. Maybe it is the same thing for some people? (although, that's a long shot because I thought most people love summer)

I do want to see what is in it though!

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyManah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I personally haven't bought it because summer is my least favorite season! I buy every other special edition. Maybe it is the same thing for some people? (although, that's a long shot because I thought most people love summer)
I do want to see what is in it though!

I love summer but I don't care for the summery things boxes send. I don't care about looking tan, don't like salt spray on my hair, and most sunglasses are way too big on me. Bronze or orangey cosmetics don't suit my skintone, and I dislike the neon bright colours that often pop up for summer.

So if the box is like that, I wouldn't like it. But if it's more travel-themed or spa-oriented, I might love it. I've noticed that often there's at least one person selling the full box after it comes out, so I may just wait and buy it off somebody if I really like it. A spoiler from PS could change my mind though. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love summer but I don't care for the summery things boxes send. I don't care about looking tan, don't like salt spray on my hair, and most sunglasses are way too big on me. Bronze or orangey cosmetics don't suit my skintone, and I dislike the neon bright colours that often pop up for summer.

So if the box is like that, I wouldn't like it. But if it's more travel-themed or spa-oriented, I might love it. I've noticed that often there's at least one person selling the full box after it comes out, so I may just wait and buy it off somebody if I really like it. A spoiler from PS could change my mind though. 
OMG @ salt spray! I didn't think about it, but that'd be a blower too. I hope there's someone of color on the decision making board for this box.I don't want to sound like a broken record but Black folks don't generally use salt spray. Again, not all, I can't speak for all black people, but I don't know ANY black woman that would spray her hair with salt water. I bought this box on an impulse, I got the email and was all for it, but the more I think about it, the more I think this box could be something I shouldn't have gotten. I'm nervous now. Please think about us too, PopSugar. 

I really wish they would release a spoiler so we have some idea of where they might be going with this box. But even then, sometimes items can be random. At least we would know if we liked one item.

So... after much debating, I literally just purchased it. Since it's been available for so long, I've been swaying back and forth on if I should get it or not, and I've been doing some online shopping this evening so I had my debit card handy and it was unfortunately really convenient to get it lol. I was going to get another 3 month sub now, too, but I think I'll wait until I get the March box and the Special Edition Resort box to decide on that!

This is going to be my first Special Edition box and I'm really nervous. I got it because I have a little bit of extra money right now, but I am a full time college student with a part time job, so if I end up spending $100 on a bunch of stuff I don't like then I'm going to be VERY sad. After my order confirmation went through I just kind of stared at the screen in disbelief that I actually bought it lol 
dong.gif
. However, I've liked all the other Special Edition boxes they've sent out. 

I'm agreeing with a lot of what you all are saying! I would not enjoy a tanning product (but I would enjoy a high end sunscreen,) I would not enjoy a hair salt spray (I have a pixie,) and I definitely hope it's more spa-themed, but I don't hate summery products. My only worry is that with the travel-inspired side of it, they'll send a bunch of products like luggage tags, passport holders, luggage scales, etc. that I will have no use for because though I do travel quite often, I never fly

I'm so nervous and excited - I'm just ready for it to ship!

Quote: Originally Posted by emwdz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So... after much debating, I literally just purchased it. Since it's been available for so long, I've been swaying back and forth on if I should get it or not, and I've been doing some online shopping this evening so I had my debit card handy and it was unfortunately really convenient to get it lol. I was going to get another 3 month sub now, too, but I think I'll wait until I get the March box and the Special Edition Resort box to decide on that!

This is going to be my first Special Edition box and I'm really nervous. I got it because I have a little bit of extra money right now, but I am a full time college student with a part time job, so if I end up spending $100 on a bunch of stuff I don't like then I'm going to be VERY sad. After my order confirmation went through I just kind of stared at the screen in disbelief that I actually bought it lol 
dong.gif
. However, I've liked all the other Special Edition boxes they've sent out. 

I'm agreeing with a lot of what you all are saying! I would not enjoy a tanning product (but I would enjoy a high end sunscreen,) I would not enjoy a hair salt spray (I have a pixie,) and I definitely hope it's more spa-themed, but I don't hate summery products. My only worry is that with the travel-inspired side of it, they'll send a bunch of products like luggage tags, passport holders, luggage scales, etc. that I will have no use for because though I do travel quite often, I never fly

I'm so nervous and excited - I'm just ready for it to ship!
I also didn't feel that comfortable forking over $100 for a box of completely unknown items, but I know that a lot of people have success selling and/or trading items, so that helped justify my decision.  Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back