PopSugar Special Edition Resort Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up getting the glosses in the mail.  I tried it and it seems really nice.  I will watch to see if it causes a reaction though.  That concerns me.

I had to add this doozy of an update for everyone who received damaged or poorly constructed RBofMcD clutches. I originally ordered two Resort boxes and both came with damaged/shoddily made clutches. PopSugar kept sending replacements that they swore had been reviewed in-house and were mint but yet I kept receiving awful clutches. I currently have seven clutches in my living room (once they only sent one replacement clutch). PopSugar has finally agreed to send something else. Why?

When I received the last duo I again emailed them about the usual issues; poor stitching, mismatched leather, scratches, zipper not closing, etc. In response PS now claimed that RBofMcD had designed these to look 'distressed' so all the things I was complaining about were part of the charm of the clutch and not something worthy of a replacement. (eyeroll, eyeroll, eyes roll out onto the floor)

I spent over an hour at work going through this thread, blog reviews of the Resort box, RBofMcD's social media and PS's social media to find all the issues with the clutches sent to subscribers vs the perfect ones that were sent to blogs for review and shown by RBofMcD and PS as what we were supposed to get in the Resort box. I also asked why they replaced several sets of mine before claiming these were styled to look used and why RBofMcD was selling clutches that were scratched for 30$ if they were supposed to look that way? (A few MUTers had emailed RBofMcD and been told about this special promo)

After this PS finally agreed to send two replacement items that aren't clutches and sent me a pre-paid label to mail back my mountain o' shoddy clutches. I want to thank everyone in this forum that posted pictures and descriptions of how awful their clutches were, I couldn't have proven that RBofMcD had sent out junky clutches without you!

I had to add this doozy of an update for everyone who received damaged or poorly constructed RBofMcD clutches. I originally ordered two Resort boxes and both came with damaged/shoddily made clutches. PopSugar kept sending replacements that they swore had been reviewed in-house and were mint but yet I kept receiving awful clutches. I currently have seven clutches in my living room (once they only sent one replacement clutch). PopSugar has finally agreed to send something else. Why?

When I received the last duo I again emailed them about the usual issues; poor stitching, mismatched leather, scratches, zipper not closing, etc. In response PS now claimed that RBofMcD had designed these to look 'distressed' so all the things I was complaining about were part of the charm of the clutch and not something worthy of a replacement. (eyeroll, eyeroll, eyes roll out onto the floor)

I spent over an hour at work going through this thread, blog reviews of the Resort box, RBofMcD's social media and PS's social media to find all the issues with the clutches sent to subscribers vs the perfect ones that were sent to blogs for review and shown by RBofMcD and PS as what we were supposed to get in the Resort box. I also asked why they replaced several sets of mine before claiming these were styled to look used and why RBofMcD was selling clutches that were scratched for 30$ if they were supposed to look that way? (A few MUTers had emailed RBofMcD and been told about this special promo)

After this PS finally agreed to send two replacement items that aren't clutches and sent me a pre-paid label to mail back my mountain o' shoddy clutches. I want to thank everyone in this forum that posted pictures and descriptions of how awful their clutches were, I couldn't have proven that RBofMcD had sent out junky clutches without you!
Wow. Just wow... The photo of the clutch in the little brochure enclosed in the box CLEARLY shows a clutch that properly zips shut.  They were total junk.

My replacement items for my two awful RBofMcD clutches showed up today (well seven clutches including all the janky replacements). PS sent me the Erickson Beamon Blondie bracelet from the 2013 LE Holiday box and the Samudra Pouch from the 2014 LE Summer box. Even though both items have a retail value less than the two RBofMcD clutches I'm much happier with them. I'd actually just bought a similar clutch (below) from Lil Coconut Hawaii but I’m more than happy to have extra beachy clutches/pouches for the summer.

salty.jpg

Back