PopSugar Special Edition Resort Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaitlin Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would be so bummed if we got bangles.  I have yet to find a bangle bracelet in existence that actually stays on my wrists.
bangles would be a nightmare they can either be to big or to small . I personally have never found a bangle that can stay on me

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  bangles would be a nightmare they can either be to big or to small . I personally have never found a bangle that can stay on me
Agreed. I prefer more fitted bracelets that don't move around a lot and don't clank around or feel like they're going to slide off.  

Maybe Popsugar is secretly planning a huge surprise for all of us who purchased the Special Edition Must Have Resort box and are going to fly us to a luxurious resort for a week and when we open it there will be plane tickets!  

Nahhhh……But, a girl can dream, right?
sunshine.gif

Maybe Popsugar is secretly planning a huge surprise for all of us who purchased the Special Edition Must Have Resort box and are going to fly us to a luxurious resort for a week and when we open it there will be plane tickets!   Nahhhh……But, a girl can dream, right? :sunshine:
Dream yes, but happen NO! I am not that lucky, PSMH is not that giving and well anything good just never comes my way. . . .Nancy. : ( not that I would want it to. . .but it is a wonderful thought !! ,

Hey Beauties!

I just ordered this box as all of the past Limited Edition Boxes seemed AH-MAZ-ING! & The Resort theme is SO perfect & Welcomed right about NOW!! Anyways, I am beyond excited and can hardly wait till the end of march!

The are some items I'm hoping are included:

-A cute flowy beach cover up

-A pair of cute sunglasses

-A nice water bottle/tumbler (I like the idea someone posted before of an infuser bottle)

-A luxurious salt or sugar scrub

-A super adorable headband

-A gradual self tanner
-A yummy drink mix or a drink recipe book

-A tropical scented candle

Hmm...... the possibilities are endless. I just hope we all don't get a pink beach towel that says POPSUGAR in huge letters!! LOL I wouldn't mind a beach towel but maybe something more subtle on the advertising front. Maybe pastel stripes with the logo in the corner. Oh gosh now that I've said It watch it be exactly what we get!!!

Oooh, what about some cool headphones and an audio book download.

I hope really hard that they don't send a self tanner. I'm tan, I was born tan. I can get more tan, but that happens naturally. I can see an Sun Protection product but please Pop Sugar, don't send tanner. Not that people of color don't tan, but I don't know any black person who feels the need to fake bake. But then again, I don't know all of us, so I can't speak for all of us.  

I'm ALWAYS down for sunglasses. Extra points if they are a weird color or shape... but I doubt they'd send something like that because a lot of people wouldn't like a pair of hot pink cat-eye shades like I would (although Fancy box sent out a very cute pair). 

Water bottle/Infuser sounds great. I've been wanting an infuser bottle but I'm afraid that as soon as I buy it, it'll come in a sub box. Drink mix sounds good too, Margarita's please! 

I'm afraid abou tthe beach towel. I don't like plain stuff, but I also don't like stuff that's OVER logo'd. So I'm with @SimplyChelle xX

on that one. I'm afraid it's gonna be a super huge POP SUGAR logo on it. Ugh.

It's funny hearing everyone's preferences... I'd love a pair of sunglasses but at the same time, it would worry me. I don't really have a bridge to my nose and cannot wear most sunglasses. It makes me incredibly sad. I am with @DevinMcWhite on the self tanner - no self tanner, please!

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It's funny hearing everyone's preferences... I'd love a pair of sunglasses but at the same time, it would worry me. I don't really have a bridge to my nose and cannot wear most sunglasses. It makes me incredibly sad. I am with @DevinMcWhite on the self tanner - no self tanner, please!
Never thought about that re: sunglasses. Good point. I LOVE shades. The bigger, the better. I never thought about a nose bridge being a hindrance. I'm glad you mentioned that though. 

Quote: Originally Posted by DevinMcWhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Never thought about that re: sunglasses. Good point. I LOVE shades. The bigger, the better. I never thought about a nose bridge being a hindrance. I'm glad you mentioned that though. 
I would LOVE some big shades! I just can't pull it off with the non nose bridge. Damn genetics! They don't lay right and then I have this huge gap where the glasses are supposed to hit your bridge. Sigh...

I hope really hard that they don't send a self tanner. I'm tan, I was born tan. I can get more tan, but that happens naturally. I can see an Sun Protection product but please Pop Sugar, don't send tanner. Not that people of color don't tan, but I don't know any black person who feels the need to fake bake. But then again, I don't know all of us, so I can't speak for all of us.  
Agreed!  I am already tan, and I tan so easily and quickly that I have to hide under umbrellas when I am at the beach.  Otherwise, I'd be unrecognizable after about an hour.  Self tanner would make me very unhappy.  Too bad PS can't fit a cabana in the box!

I would love a Westin resort hotel candle or other signature hotel scent candle so I can feel like I'm on vacation. I would also like a sunscreen from a lux brand like Amore Pacific.

Quote: Originally Posted by 3Mta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love a Westin resort hotel candle or other signature hotel scent candle so I can feel like I'm on vacation. I would also like a sunscreen from a lux brand like Amore Pacific.
I love Amore Pacific!

There was a great project on Kickstarter that was called a tallow it was a beach towel that had not only a pillow but on one side a pocket place for your phone that allows your head phone free and the blanket to cover it from over heating and a zipper on other side to hide your wallet and sun block. I missed and it is very resort friendly so I'd love to see that!    The swell bottle I got from last year's summer special box is literally the best water bottle ever the ice lasts and last...

I love that swell water bottle. I snagged it from my husband"s summer box. It is also awesome for adult beverages at festivals and picnics so you don't spill and can store in a back pack.

Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that swell water bottle. I snagged it from my husband"s summer box. It is also awesome for adult beverages at festivals and picnics so you don't spill and can store in a back pack.

I love me some adult beverages.... 
beer.gif

I've always wondered about subscription boxes sending out things like bloody mary mix or wine and that sort of thing. Especially for those boxes who don't require you to submit your age. Like can't they get in big trouble if they're sending someone under the age of 21 something like that? That's supplying for a minor which can be a pretty hefty fine. I'm sure that a decent percentage of most of those boxes are over 21 but some are not. 

I don't think any sub boxes send out actual alcohol, just things that could be used with alcohol. THe Bloody Mary mix we received in the men's box was just to add to a drink which could be a virgin bloody. WE also got that wine tote which was a little odd but no actual wine. I know it would be really tough to do alcohol in a box as every state has different laws about this. So e states can not have alcohol shipped to you. I know this because I live near wine country and some people can't ship their wine. Thinking along those lines, perhaps we will get some kind of beverage holder. I know the water infuser has been mentioned and I'm all about that! That does seem "resort" oriented as they always have infused water at the spas as resorts.

Oooh, what about some cool headphones and an audio book download.

I'm ALWAYS down for sunglasses. Extra points if they are a weird color or shape... but I doubt they'd send something like that because a lot of people wouldn't like a pair of hot pink cat-eye shades like I would (although Fancy box sent out a very cute pair).

Water bottle/Infuser sounds great. I've been wanting an infuser bottle but I'm afraid that as soon as I buy it, it'll come in a sub box. Drink mix sounds good too, Margarita's please!

I'm afraid abou tthe beach towel. I don't like plain stuff, but I also don't like stuff that's OVER logo'd. So I'm with @SimplyChelle xX

on that one. I'm afraid it's gonna be a super huge POP SUGAR logo on it. Ugh.
rofl2.gif
  My thoughts exactly..this is my only hestitation on ordering this box.  I'm black and would be pissed if not only I received it but if a good amount of the box value went into this type of product.  Last year's FFF had a spray tanner and I felt a bit cheated, even though there was enough value in other products I loved.  I also don't want a bronzer, even though that's easier to justify...

Back