Pur luxe ERASER

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having now tried both, I prefer the Pure Lux. In terms of oil control for someone like me (very oily t-zone), eraser works better then the Smashbox.

Yesterday I forgot to put any primer under my EDM and by lunchtime...guess what....OIL SLICK.

So, all I can say is, for me, it's eraser, however I have both as I like to alternate products....

MB

Does the Eraser last throughout the hole day?? That is one down side about my Lise Watier primer is that it will look real good for the first 3 or 4 hours and then after that it starts to go bad, and almost looks like I didnt put any primer on at all. In terms of Pores and just overall makeup doesnt look as nice when I first applied the Primer. I dont know why that happens.

Originally Posted by mimiboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Having now tried both, I prefer the Pure Lux. In terms of oil control for someone like me (very oily t-zone), eraser works better then the Smashbox.Yesterday I forgot to put any primer under my EDM and by lunchtime...guess what....OIL SLICK.

So, all I can say is, for me, it's eraser, however I have both as I like to alternate products....

MB

having a really oily t-zone, I'm not too happy with smashbox.Thanks! I'm going to give this a try soon.. I'm seriously broke at the moment lol

I'm just not sure about Eraser. I bought the cream version. I like the feel of it but always think it makes my makeup look darker. It's probably just me. I like the prep and prime better at this point. I did get a trial size of Smashbox from Ulta. I will try that and see if I like that better.

Ohmy!!!

I gotta try this out! *sigh*...too many wants!! aiyeeee
eusa_wall.gif

Hmmmm I dont try primers to control oilyness only pores, however what I like about the Eraser is that you dont have to use makeup over it for it to conceal. You know most primers only look good on the skin if you put makeup over top like my Lise Watier. But apparently it says this Eraser can be used by itself.

ive heard about this from a local forum... they have good reviews with this as well... most routine starts with the dusk till dawn of monave then this eraser... then another layer of foundie

I read somewhere Clarins Instant Smoothing Primer is rather similar to Pure Luxe. Any input on it?

I believe the first several ingredients are similar. I haven't tried either, so I can't compare that way.

I just made my own using anti-chafing gel, my foundation, titanium dioxide, kaolin --I'll use it in a bit to see if I like it... don't know what it's 'supposed to' feel like, though. Mine feels slippery, like the other ingredients didn't effect it except to thicken and color it.

About how long will the 5ml container last? And is there more than twice as much in the 10ml container? (There's no savings in buying one big container over 2 little containers, that's why I'd like to know)

I would love to try the monistat and mix with corrector/foundation to get the suitable color but I can't buy it from here. The US online stores charge $68 shipping for a tube that cost $7.
10.gif

Btw, I just found another, Blanc Universal de Chanel. Good reviews. I can get online for $48 for an 1 oz jar. Quite expensive. Excellent as an eraser and illuminator.

Have ordered pure luxe. Will see if it works to hide my broken veins and pores and if I can get away with not using any full coverage foundation, just my custom blend finishing powder.

Pure luxe works out to be comparable in price to Chanel. 1oz = 29.57ml.

Dunno how long a 5ml jar will last if used sparingly and not the whole face.

Apple8, Maybe Ebay? Different 'substitutes' I've read for primers are anti-chafing gels (not just the monistat brand) and Mary Kay sun replenishing gel (very reasonable price)

:-( What happens if you use too much primer or pureluxe cream concealer? Does your face stay really slippery? If so, does wiping some off help?

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif Apple8, Maybe Ebay? Different 'substitutes' I've read for primers are anti-chafing gels (not just the monistat brand) and Mary Kay sun replenishing gel (very reasonable price)
:-( What happens if you use too much primer or pureluxe cream concealer? Does your face stay really slippery? If so, does wiping some off help?

Mary Kay's is bluish? Around $30 here. Couldn't find Monistat in ebay nor any anti chafing gel here in Oz. No simply delicate gel from Avon au either.

Haven't tried a primer yet but I won't be smearing it(pure luxe) on the whole face like a foundation primer. Just to erase slight lines under the eyes, some pitted scars and larger pores on the nose. Probably need concealer for the red veins.

I am trying out the quick and natural look.
rotfl.gif
Either Chanel or pure luxe with finishing powder, so I can spend more time with my eye MU.

I'd like to see how this silicone concoction work on my oily/combo skin.

Use the monistat and mix with corrector/foundation to get the suitable color - I haven't come up with anything I like with this yet. It was just an idea.

ive tried a pur luxe eraser cream concoction from a local reseller here....it works okay im wondering what based she used anyway. wonder if its silicone.... well let me know if you have come up with a good concoction.... id love to know about it

Ooh, I'm excited to hear reviews from anyone who's tried the color-correcting cream erasers. I'm particularly interested in the What Red? and the Blue colors, since I have issues with surface redness and undereye circles. Are these good concealers? I'd love to hear; I'm thinking of ordering a bunch of different things (cream, med. powder, what red, & blue erasers).

Originally Posted by applesaucery /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ooh, I'm excited to hear reviews from anyone who's tried the color-correcting cream erasers. I'm particularly interested in the What Red? and the Blue colors, since I have issues with surface redness and undereye circles. Are these good concealers? I'd love to hear; I'm thinking of ordering a bunch of different things (cream, med. powder, what red, & blue erasers). I have ordered what red(broken capillaries) and banana split(undereye discoloration) samples and the normal eraser. I am gonna see if I can do a Chanel blanc and bronze Universel with the original eraser. Read nice things about them at MUA. I want to test if eraser can actually do the job of a concealer and if my skin can bear the product first before deciding if I want to get the Chanel stuffs.
I also got the original powder eraser and silica to add to the eraser(blanc) and to get the soft focus look of LM secret brightening powder.

Eagerly waiting for them to arrive. Will give my feedback.
sheep.gif

LMK if you make something good and the 'recipe' - I'm a firm believer that things can always be made better, healthier, and/or less expensive at home.

Originally Posted by allyoop /img/forum/go_quote.gif LMK if you make something good and the 'recipe' - I'm a firm believer that things can always be made better, healthier, and/or less expensive at home. Sure!
Yes, no point getting 2 separate jars of Chanel if I can use PL as a base and just tweak the colors. I am excited to see if just one product can conceal effectively, cover pores/lines as well as used as a highlighter and a bronzer.
rotfl.gif

Back