QC Makeup Academy???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Maryland, which requires a Cosmetology license. Does that mean I have to take a class or will these online classes suffice?

It's too bad that Mel didn't list any facts in her complaint against them, hence the info is rendered moot.

I went to a John Robert Powers School in Dallas, TX back in 1987 and it was a 2 week course. I have a portfolio from back then packed away somewhere. Lol! I got the brochure from QC and it was really interesting. I am unemployed and on a very, very tight budget so I would not be able to do this right now. I was certified back then. Don't know how long they're active for but I would like to brush up on my skills. I watch alot of tutorials and learn from them. I wonder what the laws here in Texas are. If we have to be licensed or certified.

I went and checked here in Lubbock, Texas at a local Beauty Supply Store and they pretty much told me, I didn't even have the right to be in there if I wasn't a licensed or certified MUA and that I also had to have an Esthetician licence. I also asked my hairdresser and she said I didn't need to have an Esthetician license if I wasn't planning on doing skincare; which I'm not. Cindy Smithers please keep us posted on how your classes are going. I am planning to enroll at QC Academy as soon as I am financially able to pay for it. 

I am currently in enrolled in QC Academy, and I love it so far! I am just about to start Unit B (when my course materials arrive, any day). As far as I know the school is NOT accredited BUT there is a Worldwide Make Up Artist Certification when you finish at least with the Master Make Up Artistry program.  

Also they talk about the freelance business, and you can do some of the business work optional (but totally worth it and thought provoking). So far my tutor is a MUA and has done work on Project Runway, and recently on the NY Fashion show. And it's pretty much one-on-one! It is pretty awesome so far. I plan on finishing through it before the fall. 

I am really considering enrolling at QC but I live in Texas and wonder if there will be any work here, once I'm done. I don't know any here.

I adore it! I highly recommend it! I am currently about to work on my first client tomorrow. (Yay!) And they walk you through pretty much everything.

Also they bring up the business aspect which is completely optional. I am working with the Master Make Up Artist. 

Originally Posted by AshleyG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi,

Did you complete the course? How was it? I thinking about enrolling.
I love it so far. You get a real hang of everything. I am just about to finish the second unit and move on to the third. <3 

There are several units within the master make up artistry. Six if I remember correctly. And I am working on the second one. And I am about to compete it any day - and start on the third unit. They have you responsible for the photos and some of the the products in your kit. Now the products are really awesome that they send - the brushes are incredible! They are so soft it's pretty awesome! The blush platte, concealer platte, and the eye shadow platte remind me of bh cosmetics minus the logos! I highly recommend it!

I just heard about and received their information pack, I called and they are in canada, I have the same questions  you have, how do I know if I send you my money you will send me what you say I will need, and why is it that you only send supplies every three months.The course sounds so interesting but how do we know what we are going to get.

Najah

I don't think I would trust them considering how they run their "contests."  They recently ran a Halloween contest asking people to submit their original Halloween looks via their inbox.  Well curiously enough Facebook now has a feature showing when your messages are read - and mine never was read, so my entry was never considered, despite it being submitted on time.  And this didn't just happen to me either; numerous girls ran into the same "issue."  Seems they have a curious way of carrying out contests...and I sure wouldn't trust them with my money.

please update i would love to hear about the academy!! i wanna join but im low on budget….it looks like a great course!!

I did QC - I really enjoyed my time there. I especially enjoyed my tutor and the critiques received from her. They really molded this craft into something really tangible for me.

I absolutely recommend it!

I just enrolled last night and paid my deposit, but I haven’t heard anything back from them. Can anyone tell me what the next step is? They have already taken my deposit out of my bank account. 

Back