Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually liked the box. Just a point of clarification for everyone regarding the shipping - and grandfathering in before March 1st.  Apparently, that ONLY applies to the first box (not the whole subscription). I have a shipping credit for every box sitting in my account - except now for my next Fathom. I just cancelled.  They can't even honor their longterm customers who subscribed before March 1st properly - only on the 1st box of the subscription.  That's cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually liked the box. Just a point of clarification for everyone regarding the shipping - and grandfathering in before March 1st.  Apparently, that ONLY applies to the first box (not the whole subscription). I have a shipping credit for every box sitting in my account - except now for my next Fathom. I just cancelled.  They can't even honor their longterm customers who subscribed before March 1st properly - only on the 1st box of the subscription.  That's cheap!
Their email stated it's a one time credit:

"As of March 1, 2015, we will start charging a flat rate US shipping fee of $5 for our $50 and $75 subscriptions and $8 for our $100 subscriptions. International shipping rates will remain the same. 

As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box. If you've been waiting to try out a new curator, take advantage of our free shipping one last time and subscribe before March 1st."

This is why I was annoyed/anxious about the Wil Wheaton box--it was supposed to ship in Feb. but of course, as always, it didn't actually ship until March. They charged us however on 2/28 so we have the shipping credit for the next box, but beyond that... I will have a hard time justifying it...

Their email stated it's a one time credit:

"As of March 1, 2015, we will start charging a flat rate US shipping fee of $5 for our $50 and $75 subscriptions and $8 for our $100 subscriptions. International shipping rates will remain the same. 

As a token of our appreciation, all subscriptions active before March 1st will receive a loyalty shipping credit towards their next box. If you've been waiting to try out a new curator, take advantage of our free shipping one last time and subscribe before March 1st."

This is why I was annoyed/anxious about the Wil Wheaton box--it was supposed to ship in Feb. but of course, as always, it didn't actually ship until March. They charged us however on 2/28 so we have the shipping credit for the next box, but beyond that... I will have a hard time justifying it...
it's crazy that it's only toward the next box - and not toward the whole subscription. 

I received the Jeremy Lin box today. I don't have pictures because I misplaced my camera battery charger. I purchased this for my 16 year old son. He will be very happy with the box. This box came in a larger than usual sized Quarterly box.

1. Humility: True Greatness by C. J. Mahaney - They did release a spoiler that it will be a book. I think my son will enjoy reading this because he wants to go into the ministry field. it comes with notes similar to AH's book Thrive in AH01.

2. Wristband with his life motto - 1 Corinthians 10:31. My son will like that.

3. A Popfigure which caught me by surprised! It is Pumbaa from the Lion King and represents his love of cooking and his personality.  JL had Pumbaa sitting in his kitchen. I think this is a fun item. Another item that my son will enjoy.

4. Justin Peanut Butter Cups - My sister loves them because the taste good and are certified gluten-free. My son loves peanut butter cups so I don't see them lasting long.

5. 3 Player Cards with his high school photos. I thought that was inspirational.

6. Adidas Backpack - It's black and grey. Another item my son will love.

This will be a big hit with my 16 year old son. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This reminds me a lot of the Arianna Huffington boxes in the sense that it is a niche box. It isn't going to have a wide audience, but the audience that it does have will enjoy it very much!

Back