Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.

I just got that email, too.

The only justification they have for charging for shipping is IF THEY ACTUALLY START SHIPPING WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL.

Other than that, no excuse. 

I was thinking the same thing.... I'll see what spoilers Nina gives... If I like it, I'll stick with it for March and the one time free shipping, but I'm canceling after that. No free shipping on these seems ridiculous.

My husband subscribed to the Wil Wheaton box that is supposed to ship in FEBRUARY but of course he's not been charged yet, there's been no update, and it's not shipped yet so I assume that means he'll get the loyalty shipping credit for a box that should've shipped before the new policy kicked in (i.e. if we wanted to continue for the next box, there'll be no credit).

I quit the other quarterly subs since I got annoyed with the price, lack of value and constantly shipping way later than promised, however I signed up for Andrew Zimmern when I saw the movie theme for the March box. I only got it to surprise my husband so if they weren't doing the loyalty shipping credit on the first box, I'd cancel. I'll cancel anyway after I get the movie box...

I could see my husband wanting to keep subbing to Wil Wheaton but this shipping might be a deal breaker.

I think they should only charge the shipping fee for new subscribers.

Current subscribers should be locked into the same price (shipping fee included) for the length of their subscription.

It is a small thing that would go a looooong way to keep people happy.

I think they should only charge the shipping fee for new subscribers.

Current subscribers should be locked into the same price (shipping fee included) for the length of their subscription.

It is a small thing that would go a looooong way to keep people happy.
I completely agree. And it'd help them with people subscribing and unsubscribing so much.

Yes, she wrote about it on her blog, and Quarterly sent out an email to current subscribers. She decided to no longer curate the box. Sad because it was a great box, but it wasn't the right for her. Hopefully she'll curate again in the future!
Update: I just now got an email saying she's no longer curating. Better late than never I guess! Lol

I am so tempted to try design sponge but does anyone know if there is a spoiler out?
Me too. It looks interesting. Since it ships out every 3 months, the next one should be coming in March which is just around the corner. I haven't seen any spoilers anywhere though yet.

I have looked everywhere also and nothing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I liked the look of her last box but there was a spoiler then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen spoilers for Design Sponge, Rosario or Nina Garcia.  I went ahead and signed up for all 3 while i could get the free shipping and cancel if I didn't like the spoilers.  I hope they post spoilers soon for all boxes.  If they don't I will probably cancel Nina Garcia and Design Sponge but keep Rosario since I got her last box and loved it!

Fathom box shipped, 2.5 pounds. Since the Dubs and the face wipes can't weigh too much, I am hoping for some other good stuff.

I didn't subscribe to that one but I have been watching it verrrrrrrrry closely.  I'll be interested to see what you guys get!

Thanks for posting!  I would definitely be excited to get that box.  I am one of those weirdos who can sit and watch packing videos on youtube all day long, so I probably should subscribe to one of the travel oriented boxes.  I will create a fathom spoilers thread and then see if I can figure out how to move your post over!

Thanks for posting!  I would definitely be excited to get that box.  I am one of those weirdos who can sit and watch packing videos on youtube all day long, so I probably should subscribe to one of the travel oriented boxes.  I will create a fathom spoilers thread and then see if I can figure out how to move your post over!
the taco is quite cool. I already out my headphones in it (I also added the prices even though i really didnt have time to sit and look that stuff up). LOL

Years ago I got a somewhat similar adapter in Europe and really like it. 

I didn't get the box, and while it looks good, I personally am glad I didn't get it since I technically have some very similar items already! So I do think that the items they chose are really practical, even if it didn't fit my needs.

I think that Baggu bag has made it into several subscription boxes this month--I think it was in the KloverBox and maybe something else??? I obviously need to stop stalking subscription box sites...

Back