Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been emailing with Bianca Jade a bit and when I asked her how the curating process worked this is how she boiled it down "I have to convince my favorite companies to give us product within their budget.  Then I pray they say YES.  I also turn down a lot of offers from companies I don't believe in."

Not sure how some of the other curators are, but Bianca seems genuine in her choices - she loves a product, she goes after it to get it in her box. 

Not sure how some of the other curators are, but Bianca seems genuine in her choices - she loves a product, she goes after it to get it in her box. 
Thanks for the info.   I love the Bianca Jade boxes.  She has a good handle on what makes a box successful for it's subscribers.  

My only complaint is my box didn't have the golden ticket!  

Quarterly and Fathom posted a message on twitter promoting the box. I replied asking about a spoiler, said I love to travel, but going in blind for $100 was too much for me. They told me "stay tuned, we hope to have a spoiler to share with you soon"

I would love to try it because like I said, I travel, but $100 is too much and I'm not going in without a spoiler.

I know I spend that much on a Popsugar special edition, but at least I have some idea based on prior boxes what they usually do. Since it's the very first one, maybe it will be extra good to make a good impression?

Since it's the very first one, maybe it will be extra good to make a good impression?
That's what I am counting on. I'm currently subscribed to this box, but I've been on the fence about it too because I have no idea what to expect. I am glad to hear that there will be a spoiler soon, I'll decide to keep subscribed or not based on whether it's up my alley.

I have been emailing with Bianca Jade a bit and when I asked her how the curating process worked this is how she boiled it down "I have to convince my favorite companies to give us product within their budget.  Then I pray they say YES.  I also turn down a lot of offers from companies I don't believe in."

I love this. I hadn't ordered any of her boxes - or followed her before - but just signed up for hers.  

Does Quarterly have any coupon codes out? I know they used to have the $10 coupon off your first box but that code is showing as expired :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Quarterly account page has the new dashboard and I like it so much better than before.  It's well organized and I believe you'll be able to track from this page when boxes ship.  It's not completely up to date though.  Mine shows the Miz06 box is shipping but I received it a few days ago.  Hopefully that'll get sorted out.

I like the new dashboard too, my box says "ready to ship" hopefully soon. I also heard the Tim Ferris box has shipped, I wonder what was in it?

ALREADY?!

We wanted to let you know that Renarda Joy will no longer continue as a Quarterly curator. We know this is a bummer, but sometimes the timing just isn't right. We've made the tough call not to ship Renarda's first box, and you will not be charged. Here's a note from Renarda:

I'm sad to no longer be curating a box with Quarterly, but this experience has been extremely rewarding for me in ways I will explain in my next email blast--don’t miss it. If you haven’t already, make sure we stay connected by emailing me at 

mailto:[email protected]
[email protected]
mailto:[email protected], visiting my 

http://quarterly.us2.list-manage.co...afc7a0d269&id=7b5e6102d1&e=0624ebc30b
website
http://quarterly.us2.list-manage.co...afc7a0d269&id=7b5e6102d1&e=0624ebc30b or connecting via Instagram or Twitter @rjnybeauty.

All the Best, 

Renarda "RJ" Joy

We have many other great curators on Quarterly, including the one recommended below based on your interest in Renarda Joy. So poke around, find that perfect match--and if you're not sure who to pick, just tweet at us and we'll give you a personal recommendation! 

Wow, so they pulled the plug even before she had a box ship. I wonder if maybe she didm't have enough people sign up. 

OOH Fathom Spoiler -

DUBS 

your latest spoiler for Fathom's box is DUBS acoustic filters, a travel must-have! These little guys are not your typical earplugs, they filter out noise for the optimal listening experience.

Curious if I missed a post here or even an email... Is MSA no longer curating? I was on wait list and was finally able to get signed up. Now I don't see it on my sub list... Only Nina. Not really a big deal as I was hoping to see spoilers anyway, but just curious.

Curious if I missed a post here or even an email... Is MSA no longer curating? I was on wait list and was finally able to get signed up. Now I don't see it on my sub list... Only Nina. Not really a big deal as I was hoping to see spoilers anyway, but just curious.
Yes, she wrote about it on her blog, and Quarterly sent out an email to current subscribers. She decided to no longer curate the box. Sad because it was a great box, but it wasn't the right for her. Hopefully she'll curate again in the future!

Yes, she wrote about it on her blog, and Quarterly sent out an email to current subscribers. She decided to no longer curate the box. Sad because it was a great box, but it wasn't the right for her. Hopefully she'll curate again in the future!
That's too bad... I must've completely missed all of it! I was looking forward to trying it out!

Quarterly is now going to start charging for shipping!  $5 for the $50 and $75 boxes and $8 for the $100 boxes.  Its bad enough that the value of the boxes is generally break even at best, few spoilers and that you can no longer return a disappointing box and the multiple box discounts they have promised have yet to materialize, now they are going to start charging for shipping?  I have already signed up for and cancelled Fathom in the past month because of poor spoilers or lack of spoilers, I think I will be reducing my subscription boxes by two, both Quarterly boxes, especially with little lace box, causebox, Yogi surprise and Oui please stepping up the subscription box game..

And that's enough to get me to cancel. Thanks Quarterly - it's been fun. If MSA still had a box I'd consider staying on but between the shipping charges and the fact that Quarterly is just coming across like a hot mess, I'm done with them. I'll stick with PSMH and LLB. Shipping charges just annoy me for some reason.

Quarterly is now going to start charging for shipping!  $5 for the $50 and $75 boxes and $8 for the $100 boxes.  Its bad enough that the value of the boxes is generally break even at best, few spoilers and that you can no longer return a disappointing box and the multiple box discounts they have promised have yet to materialize, now they are going to start charging for shipping?  I have already signed up for and cancelled Fathom in the past month because of poor spoilers or lack of spoilers, I think I will be reducing my subscription boxes by two, both Quarterly boxes, especially with little lace box, causebox, Yogi surprise and Oui please stepping up the subscription box game..
I'm going to drop all my boxes once the shipping costs kick in after the "grandfather" timeframe. You can't do that to loyal customers!!

Back