Quarterly.co Subscriptions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the annual sub is $650.00, so those that jumped on the 20% off deal paid $520.00 for their sub. For 6 shipments that $86.66 a box. 

ETA: I don't know if tax was charged or not, so I did not apply that to my calculations.
Did you have to pay the $520 all at once?  And are any of the 20% off codes still active?

I believe the annual sub is $650.00, so those that jumped on the 20% off deal paid $520.00 for their sub. For 6 shipments that $86.66 a box. 

ETA: I don't know if tax was charged or not, so I did not apply that to my calculations.
yes, this was for those that jumped on it before they launched.  It was their initial offering before they event sent their first box. 

I was thinking, with this changed in return, and I am sure a lot of people canceling, does anyone else wonder if this will mean a lot of Best of Quarterly boxes this round? As in, boxes that were set to ship in Jan/Feb. I was holding off on one, and I am hoping it goes to Best Of so I can see what is in it before I buy. 

Yes, exactly, I pay $87 a box. Super deal, super happy I bought annual.
Oh ok, but if you were to go in on the box now it will be more expensive than nina?  so people looking to sub now as a replacement for nina cannot get in for less than nina?

I was thinking, with this changed in return, and I am sure a lot of people canceling, does anyone else wonder if this will mean a lot of Best of Quarterly boxes this round? As in, boxes that were set to ship in Jan/Feb. I was holding off on one, and I am hoping it goes to Best Of so I can see what is in it before I buy. 
I am hoping the change in return policy will be better spoilers.  I don't like best of quarterly because of paying for shipping

Did you have to pay the $520 all at once?  And are any of the 20% off codes still active?
There is a new 20% off code for annual subs that @ posted on the Oui Please thread. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good for 48 hours.

EDIT: The code is "makeuptalk" (without the quotemarks)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hoping the change in return policy will be better spoilers.  I don't like best of quarterly because of paying for shipping
I haven't bought from Best Of yet, so I didn't know about shipping, however, I am okay with shipping rather than being out $100 on a box of energy gels, or a knit hat. 

Thanks everyone for responding about oui please and for posting the awesome code. I was finally able to look up the site when i got home from work (MUT and MSA are pretty much it for me at work). Seems awesome and pretty new? I hope all of the future shipments are as nice as the first! Looks beautiful. 2 days to decide to use the code, thats nice :)

---

Another thing that frustrates me about quarterly is the random shipping and no updates. Mizzfit will be my first because i ended up cancelling all the holiday boxes i ordered (what was up with the delays???). For future boxes i really hope for transparency because i like to know when money is going to get taken from my account.

After MUCH deliberation I am going to pass on Oui Please and stick with my quarterly subs.  I never used the return feature anyway, and have been super happy with all of the boxes from NG, MSA, and Mizzfit.  Since the day I subbed I have been a little nervous about Wil Wheaton and kind of want to unsubscribe, but I am worried that it will be AMAZING and I'll regret it and then not be able to get back in line.  I am very much on the fence on that one.  But I'll probably cancel.  Maybe. 

So that brings me to NG, MSA, MizzFit, Pashbox, LMDB, PSMH, PSMH limited edition boxes, FFF, Fabletics, and maybe the allure boxes if there are some high end items.  That's still A LOT of stuff (and money, eek!).  Okay, I feel a lot better about passing now. 

Interestingly enough, I randomly checked my Quarterly Account today.  I am down to Nina, Rosario and MSA,   A few weeks ago I was scheduled to receive one in Jan, one in Feb and one in March.   As of today, they are all showing as March.   Ahhhh, such is Quarterly shipping roulette.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz is finishing her MSA subscription! I am sad, this leaves me only with one Quarterly sub : Mizzfit. I think Liz had so much more to offer, and a big group of loyal subscribers. Sad it was only 2 boxes, but I totally understand stress she must felt curating her box.

Liz is finishing her MSA subscription! I am sad, this leaves me only with one Quarterly sub : Mizzfit. I think Liz had so much more to offer, and a big group of loyal subscribers. Sad it was only 2 boxes, but I totally understand stress she must felt curating her box.
I wonder what exactly happened.  The email from Quarterly makes it sound like it was their decision to not ship the next box.  Weird.

oh well, I'm sad, but that's $200 back this year!!

I have noticed a few other people drop off their list recently. I wasn't subscribed to them, but I was thinking about subscribing to a few of them and then "poof", they were gone. Seems to be a trend, I am only subscribed to one box with them right now that is currently still on and set to ship this month, we shall see. 

I hate to say it but I think that Quarterly is turning out to be one of the worst subscription box companies, both for curators and subscribers and I am not sure how much longer they will be around.  I think that they no longer care about value and even have slipped a lot in curation.  I have (had) 4 quarterly box subscriptions and now have 3 and am getting ready to cancel at least one more.  The last Nina box was horrible and looked like she didn't care at all what went on it and the Arianna Huffington box was not a good value and looked like a bunch of thrown together items that didn't have any thought put into them.  Roasario's was a great box, but the fact that her box was also pushed to March as was Nina's makes me think that they both may be quitting as curators.  I am intrigued by the Fathom box, but given the recent drops in value and curation, will need to see several spoilers before I commit to another box curated by QUarterly.  I do have to say though, I am so glad I got the year subscription to Oui Please.  What a fantastic box and the brands they have already listed on their website for the next box look intriguing.

I was a big supporter of quarterly.  In august I had about  8 boxes they were offering on order.  They were all cancelled before they shipped except 3.   The value in the boxes I have got for the most part have been bad at least for me.  The reason I dropped all my boxes was the fact that they delay them each month and don't have the manners to email us to let us know.  I didn't like  looking forward to a box  only to find out it was cancelled. I think at this point Nina needs to say something to her loyal fans who have shelled out hard earned money for her boxes.  I have been so disappointed with her last boxes. As of now I am getting no more quarterly boxes.  I will not be getting any in the future.  The company is run horribly and they have no respect for there customers.  I signed up for a year of oui please  and I am excited about it.  I also have a popsugar must have sub.  I enjoy popsugar.  I hope for you loyal quarterly people who stay with them they get there act together.

I subscribed to Arianna to fill the MSA hole, at least until Liz figures out how to start a new box. I don't need the spoiler item but I love the themes of her first 2 boxes.

Also I genuinely believe Liz left because of the change in policy...all along she has said the reason she partnered with them is because they are one of the few boxes you can return.

Latest posts

Back