Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad that you received your merchandise and that Lumiere's concealer is good. I would imagine that it would be because of the high quality of all of Lumiere's products that I've used so far.

I got my orders and so far not real happy cant find a foundation that is really me, tried mixing and everything else, so to bad I was hoping this would be the one but so far no luck on that end

Sorry you weren't wowed by your samples. Everyone has different skin- thank goodness there's so many different ones to try and find your HG!

i just got my Lumiere samples yesterday. =) yay! got the $3 sample for FF powder foundation and tried their liquid foundation. but i don't think i found my color yet. i ordered medium beige (slightly too dark) and medium golden (too yellow.) so i think i need to sample some more colors before i give up. my BE color is medium beige, if anyone would like to advise.

i do like the primer, blush, and eye shimmers!!

so far im in love the blush in terra cotta. and their gorgeous e/s, allure and gold sparkle. im about to order some more e/s, and foundation samples.

:smilehappyyes:

BunnyLover-

There's a Med. Beige 2.3 (warm) that may work. My friend was a BE Med. and found 2.3 cool to be the best match. You could also try Med. Warm or if the Medium Beige is the right undertones but just a little dark- order some of the uncolored base!! Then it'll work!! Enjoy shopping!! They do have beautiful e/s- I can't even pick a favorite! I have 20 plus full sizes and then a bunch of samples too.

Just want to add that I am really liking the LUMI Lipglosses. I got English Rose/rosey pink and Las Vegas/gold.

Took me a while to figure out how to make the lipgloss come out of the "click pens" (what a strange choice for a lipgloss holder) but once I had that sorted out, I love the concept and feel of application.

Now I tempted to get more Lumi lipglosses but alas... I am NOT ALLOWED. (No-buy has started!)

I see that they have speeded up their processing time. I ordered a eyeshadow the other day and the next day I got an email stating it had shipped.. They are getting faster..

Im on a green eyeshadow kick right now, so I got pennsylvania green , hope its as pretty as it looks on screen.

Lilita-

I liked the lumi-lips too because it was like lip oil rather than gooey. Took me a while to get the pen going to. How long is your no buy??? I am not going there... at least not yet. I need to find my summer color and I also need to buy more J Lynne Luminous Bronze (and these intense eye colors and...)

Cynpat-

I don't have Penn. Green let me know how you like it. I have all the plum colors I think, lots of browns from them, all the turquoise/aqua colors. I am such an addict!! Glad to hear they are getting faster. I am still waiting on my pre-order brushes and anxiously awaiting them... I also ordered a kabuki and it ended up that it will come with the pre-order ones anyway because they ran out. Worth the wait for those prices.

I tried samples of Lumiere and love the coverage, but I haven't been able to find a good match yet. I emailed a couple of times and called too, and have never heard back. Since everyone says the owner has great CS, I assume it's a fluke, but I've been trying to reach her for well over a month, to no avail. What do you guys think I should do? I want this line to work, but I'm getting really frustrated!

PetiteMama, post over at Lumiere's delphi forum. That's a total fluke for Kim not to reply to you. There are times when I will get almost instant reply, like w/in 5 mins. or so. Your email may have just gone into a spam folder or something like that. Lumiere FF is one of my HG's. What colors did you try and what matches you in other lines-maybe we can help you here too?

Lumiere's FF is my HG right now and I have helped my college roommate find her match. So give us a whirl on what is a match for you with other companies... we may be able to help.

I purchased the Veena Velvet formula in Medium Cool, Medium Beige and Medium Neutral. (Got the 3.00 try me kit)

Medium Cool - Yikes! Way too dark for me. On the website you would never think it would be so dark.

Medium Beige - Also dark for me and darker than on the website

Medium Neutral - Worked well for me.

After touting how LaurEss Elemental foundation worked so well for me I don't know now! :rotfl:

The Veena Velvet formula is a heavier coverage than the LaurEss Elemental. I had to use just a tiny bit to get the coverage I wanted. With LaurEss, since it's so sheer I had to apply more. The end result was the same though.

LaurEss' prices is quite a bit higher than Lumiere's that's for sure. I might just have to go with Lumiere since I get the same end result.

However :rotfl: , I now want to try Meow's foundation in Ocicat just to make sure I'm not missing out on anything. I don't really care for the huge tubs of foundation though since I'd rather have a foundation for 6 months to a year and then reorder than to have it around for more than a year.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the offer to help me find a good match! Yeah, it's weird that I never heard back from Kim. I used the email link on her website twice, the last time including my phone number and saying if she'd call me, I'd call her right back since it's long-distance, and I would pay for the call myself. I called her and left a voice-mail message a month ago, and I've called several times since and only got her machine so didn't leave any further messages. :-(

Anyway...I have fair skin with a pinkish undertone on my face, though my neck seems to be more yellow. I wonder if my face is pink cuz I'm super sensitive and every blemish leaves a mark? Plus, the older I get, the more sensitive my skin, and I think I'm getting rosasea. If I use too strong a cleanser or product, my cheeks get these weird red marks all over, like a rash! So I need a lot of coverage and I don't want anything too pink, since I already have that problem. I sound lovely, don't I, LOL?

From Lumiere, I tried FF Fairly Lt. Cool, FF Fairly Lt. Neutral, Veena Light Cool, Veena Fairly Lt. Neutral, and something that I think might be FF Light Neutral, but the sticker looks different from the rest. This one is the darkest in the package, but when I put it on, I looked like a shiny, white ghost.

I'm usually the lightest or 2nd lightest in liquid foundation, so I was trying the lighter shades, but I end up looking a little too pale in comparison to my neck with all of these. I was wondering if she'd sent me the wrong sample with the Light Neutral, since it looks different than the rest?

I just got some samples of Meow, which I also really like. I don't have them right in front of me, but I think I tried the Sleek Siamese and the Frisky Siamese so far. The Frisky seemed a little on the pink side, so I don't think that will work.

My best match so far color-wise seems to be by Face Value in Perfectly Light Neutral. I tried EDM, but I couldn't find a good color match at all, and I really like the Lumiere and now probably the Meow much better.

What do you guys think??

Thanks!

Hi PetiteMama, I'll take a stab at trying to help you. Since you are fair w/pink undertones what is your ultimate goal? Do you want to cancel out the redness in your cheeks and/or match your neck? Yellow cancels out redness so I would suggest going w/the goldens or warms instead of the cools. My favorite formula is the FF-but try L Golden in whatever formula you like best (the new Lumi formula runs dark though, so you have to adjust one shade lighter) and maybe even a L-M Golden too. In Meow you may want to try some Angoras (frisky?)-they are the pure yellows. Abyssinian is more of a yellow/brown/light mustard color to me-but that may work too. I'm pretty new to Meow and still trying to figure them out so I don't feel like I can give good advice there. I don't know Face Value so can't compare anything to that. I hope this helps a little bit!

PetiteMama-

If you have yellow undertones in your neck, try to match that rather than the pink in the face. I have that issue too. Cheeks pinker but undertones quite yellow. I'd try Light Golden and Light Beige and Light Warm. Golden is yellow, Beige is peach/yellow, and Warm is somewhere in the tan/peach/yellow mix. I can wear L-M golden and L-M warm in winter (with preference to Golden) but as I get tan I have to get the warms since it adds another element whereas the M- G is quite olivey yellow for me.

Latest posts

Back