Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took me about 2 weeks. but it was worth it I love their raspberry margarita eyeshadow/ I also ordered their 8 piece preorder brush set for 15.00

I order from Lumiere pretty regularly and it normally takes about a week for my stuff to come in. I love the stuff!

-Nemo:eusa_whistle:

I would say it's anywhere from 1-2 weeks, depending on where you live. Lumiere ships from upstate NY. I am very lucky as I also live upstate and I get her packages the next day.

hmm...i think it took me a while to receive my samples, probably 1-2 weeks. I ordered the concealer and kabuki last Wed and got a shipment confirmation from them this Tues, so I'm guessing I'll receive my order either end of this week or early next week.

I'm in southern Ontario, Canada. I ordered on January 20th, it was shipped the 23rd, and I recieved it on the 29th. So it took 9 days, 3 to process and 6 for it to get here in the mail.

My skin can be kind of oily in the t-zone as well. I don't think you'd have any problems with the squalane, as long as you only use a little bit. I'm just mixing 2 or 3 drops in with a little bit of my moisturizer, and I haven't noticed that my skin looks or feels any more oily. It seems to sink it relatively quickly and thoroughly.

Ditto. And I must add that Lumiere Veena Velvet foundation is hands down the best MMU I've tried so far and I've tried quite a few. Hmmm, let's see. First there was Pur Minerals, Sheer Cover, Bare Escentuals, Buff'd, EDM, Signature Minerals, Oceanmist, and I think there's a couple that I can't think of off hand, anyhoooo, def the best so far. I won't be sampling anymore, I've found my HG. :rotfl:

You ladies are such enablers! :lol: I bought 2 of the pre-buy long handle kabukis. And using the discount code MMM15, total was $13.60. I can't believe everything is free shipping. With all the positive comments I've seen, I'll have to take some time to order foundation samples soon. My HG is PureLuxe so I'm reluctant to try something else.

But at $3.00, you can't really lose.

I love Lumiere! The flawless foundation is my HG- I have really dry skin and it is the only one that didn't make me look dry. (Monave has better coverage but it made any fine lines show up because of my dry skin.) It is super soft and I like applying my MMU dry which is easy with FF because it is so creamy feeling.

I love the neutral pink blush. It is a soft color but works well with my very yellow undertones. Sometimes blush looks too orange or brown with my skin. So many MMU blushes are so highly pigmented that I hate to use because they go on too dark.

The prices are outstanding. I can't believe that I can get two full sized foundations for the price of a single BE one (that would make me itch to boot.)

I got the sheer silk and sand silk finishing powders and adore the sheer silk. It is very white in the jar but goes on very sheer and doesn't totally matte me out. BE mineral veil seemed to cling to the tiny hairs on my face and make me look fuzzy and chalky and did nothing to minimize my pores. The sheer silk along with the FF make my pores almost invisible- I am shocked by that. I seem to go for the sheer silk but will probably be using the sand silk when I get some color back in my skin.

I use the clear radiance every day. It's really finely milled and doesn't make me look shiny or sparkly. Just gives my skin a slight glow which I desire with such dry skin.

I ordered a few of the lip glosses. They are very sheer and light feeling. They are not tacky or sticky, almost like a lip oil.

I bought 10 of the eye shadows and love Dark Chocolate for a neutral liner. I litereally have hundreds of mineral eye shadows so to make me notice one at all is a major deal.

I find it takes about 1-2 weeks to get my orders. I have to check out their brushes even though I have so many and definitely the squalene for my dry skin.

Yay! I got my sample pack today! The colors look a bit off, but again, I've been wrong before. Looking forward to trying it, and I'll post a review soon. )with pics of course)

i still didn't receive my samples yet, but i did receive my kabuki which was pretty quick. i ordered on the 24th and still didn't get an email saying its shipped. i emailed them but still didn't get a reply. they usually reply within a few hours even after midnight. =(

I ordered some foundation samples last night after a recommendation from another MUTer. I have been using EDM so I can't wait to try this brand too.

glad you are trying samples. I've tried a dozen or so brands and EDM and Monave were my favorite....until I tried Lumiere. I LOVE these minerals. They are superb! I hope you enjoy them. Let us know how it works out.

What do you think about the Finishing Powders? Which one is better for oily skins?

I'm almost positive I saw it at CVS but I might be wrong, it could have been another similar brand.

Nope, CVS doesn't carry it! You probably saw a skincare line called Lumene.

I think the Veena Veil is probably the FP geared toward oilier skins, since the VV foundation is that way. I use and love the Silk powder-it is good for all skin, and if you ever get dry it helps to seal in moisture. It is the best FP I have ever used!

thanks alot for your review. i was debating whether or not i should give them a try and after reading your review, i've decided to give it a shot! thanks!

So my samples arrived yesterday. I got Venna foundation in medium beige and medium warm, flawless foundation in medium beige, veena finishing dust (colorless), blush in apricot and e/s in golden brown.

Today I decided to give it a try. I used Veena foundation in medium beige, the finishing dust, as well and the apricot blush. And some Shimpagne of course! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The foundation had the same color as my UD surreal skin in hallucination. It goes on smoothly and has great coverage. Overall, I would say it has similar quality to UD and EDM. I really like it!

Over the next few days I will be testing the staying powder, and will report back.

Here are some pics with the foundation, finishing dust and blush:

Attachment 30188Attachment 30189Attachment 30190

Thais, you look beautiful. I really like the way your skin is glowing in those pics. I took some pics from my sample kit so I will be posting mine soon too! But mine aren't as good as yours

Latest posts

Back