Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These sound yummy! I love Lumiere's eye shimmers, especially the plums and browns and greens (I love Driftwood so much!). I've tried different min e/s and I think Lumiere is superior over some brands because they are so rich in pigment and texture is great that you don't need to foil them to get good color payoff. They are rich even when used dry. It's so easy to blend as well. Enjoy your shimmers!

I got my Lumiere foundation samples and I have found my HG- I ordered the full-size foundation already so I get it before I finish my samples. I started reacting to BE (Light 2.0) after years of being fine with it. I was on a quest to find a mineral foundation that made me look like BE, seeing that I frequently got carded when wearing BE and am almost 40, without bismuth oxychloride in it. Due to the various reviews I sampled Signature, Monave and Lumiere. I have very dry skin and use straight olive oil and jojoba on it to try and combat this. Monave concealer-foundation in Caroline was great coverage but my skin looked dry no matter which application technique I used. I will purchase it for a pigmentation problem on my forehead, but all over, my skin just didn't look right. After reading this rave, I had to try Lumiere... especially at $3!!! I ended up with 10 e/s because the prices are so affordable, but was most anxious for the foundation. The flawless finish in light-medium golden was perfect. It gave me that hydrated looking skin that I had with BE. I loved how easy it was to pick the colors if you know which tone you are!! I ordered light, light-medium and medium in golden and figured I'd find my color. I was right. So glad I found this forum and the wonderful reviews of MMU. It' only took a few weeks for me to find my new foundation!!

i just placed two orders. i cant wait to recieve my items!!!! thanks to periwinkle_sky ill have to try their kabuki brush. lol

BTW theres a discount code for 15% entire purchase. the code is LF15.

and the paypal works again!

makeupchick, you don't have to twist my arm! Sheesh! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seriously, thanks for the code! I guess I was just waiting on the right push to order from Lumiere. I love the Terra Firma I use now, but with all the rave reviews for Lumiere, I just had to place an order! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i just got my lumiere samples last night so i tried them this morning. i'm using the light medium warm in the veena finish. so far so good! i applied them wet and the coverage is great. let's wait til the end of the day to see if it's got the staying power! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Loving Lumiere! The flawless foundation is just what I was looking for. I got 10 eye shadows too- couldn't stop myself- and love the dark chocolate as a liner. Also Silkie Java is soft and not shimmery which is nice for a more natural look. Not too dark either. I can't believe a full priced e/s is only $3.50 and she then has specials too! Crazy in a good way.

this is my second day using my lumiere samples....today i'm using the light-medium golden which also seems like a good match for my skintone...i think lumiere is getting up there as being one of my favorites. i apply it wet and it has great coverage! and it stays put. when i wore it yesterday, it lasted the whole day (i still had to blot at lunch time, but thats just me), from 7:30am through 8pm. LOVE IT!

Hi! This is my first post. I have been reading a lot for a few weeks. I have been using Lumiere for about 3 weeks and I love it! I have sampled a lot of other brands and for me this seems to be the best. I have been having problems with the website for the last few days. The pages are mostly blank. When you scroll around on the page things will appear until you move. When I put items in my cart it says it is empty and I can't checkout. I have ordered before without any problems. This just started since the pages have been changed from black to white. I don't have any problems with any other sites. I was wondering is anyone else is having this happen ?

hi becky...actually i just ordered a brush and concealer from their site yesterday and everything was fine...maybe try again later?

I ordered from them yesterday...twice actually. I too had no problems whatsoever. PayPal even worked for me, though I heard it wasn't working for others.

I'm just curious.... Could it be that those experiencing website problems are using a different browser? I've yet to have problems on any website (and I go to way too many!). I use IE6. For my job, I transmit money over the internet quite often, and I've been told by all those companies that I can not use the new IE to do so. So maybe all these problems are browser issues? I have IE7 on my laptop.... Maybe I'll check it out tonight and see if that's the problem.

Now I really can't wait to get my sample kit after reading all these rave reviews! The e/s colors are so pretty I had to get some samples of those too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks MakeupChick for the promo code.

I just received another package from Lumiere with lots of blushes and eyeshadows. Boy are they gorgeous and the pigments are strong. Beautiful. I am really loving this company.

I just got done ordering my samples a few minutes ago and the site was working fine for me, including paypal. I use Firefox.

I just got confirmation that my order was shipped on the 23rd, so here's hoping I'll have my hands on it soon!! LOL. I also ordered samples from Signature, I'm really really anxious to try this stuff out. I've tried something like 5 brands [not a lot in the scheme of things, really], and none of them have been all that wonderful, so I'm hoping either of these will be what I'm looking for!

Back