Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In answer to your question Realmccoy I was an EDM lover but when given a sample to use by NYL... wow! Yes it's really good stuff. I really like EDM but overall I can see how one would prefer Lumiere. The blushes, eyecolors etc... much better pigments. Lumiere does seem to last longer too.

I think the Luminere site is having some problems with Paypal....from what i read on the message board ...shes working on it now trying to resolve the problem....

I meant to say too that Luminere has its own forum now on delphi....

Sophia,

You are welcome! So glad I could help. I really hope I gave you good advice and that you like the samples you ordered. I just love everything about Lumiere and can't say enough positive things about it.

Hi MakeupChicky!

I am also a MAC NC30/C30 in Studio Fix. Other MMU brands I have tried are J Lynne 1.5 Golden Ivory (pretty good match), Lauress Radiant Gold (not as good a match as JL and way more $$). JL also has some really beautiful luminous glows that give your skin a nice soft sheen, but nothing sparkly or glittery (which I am not a fan of). I tried Alima and couldn't really get a good match, nor did I like the coverage (too sheer imo). I tried W1-3 and G1-3. In EDM I can wear the Light Winged Butter in the summer time when I have more color, but it was still not right. I have found my HG in Lumiere and am really ready to stop sampling other MMU foundations. Hope this helps!

Hi Ruby - thanks so much for your feedback...i'm totally going to order some samples (when their site gets fixed). I think i will order the veena velvet in light-medium golden, light-medium warm, and light warm (just for the heck of it since i get 3 foundation samples)...i'm so excited!

hey girls...just an update. the lumiere website is working again...you can place your order using your credit card directly on the site. i just ordered my samples :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just made a pretty substantial order with Kim today, based on all of these wonderful reviews. I will post again once I receive my samples. Great person to do business with.

i just order my samples today. i have found my HG liquid foundation and now i'm trying to find my HG mineral foundation.

I think paypal is suffering problems, because a lot of sites are having trouble with the orders, so I don't think that is Lumiere's doing.

Thanks for the response! I went ahead and ordered some foundation samples from Luminere. I'm a restaurant manager and my makeup has to hold up, I don't have time to eat or go to the bathroom, muchless, touch up my makeup but I have to look polished at all times. That's why Aromaleigh is so valuable to me at this time, it goes on smoothly with minimal effort then after about an hour it melds into my skin without transferring to my collars. I really love the initial application of EDM, but it doesn't hold up under the greasy air and sweat.

So hopefully lumineire will posses all of the qualities of both mmu brands. I'll review it after a 12 hour shift.

realmccoy - have you tried monave? i think if you're looking for real staying power, monave might be a good option. they offer samples as well but they're not free. i think a 4 color sample kit is $10 plus shipping...or you can order individual samples for $2.50 each. i'm sure a lot of girls here would agree that monave offers great coverage and wonderful staying power!

I received my samples and must say that I am impressed! I love the silkiness of the foundation and the great color selection. I use the FF base as a primer and the silk finishing powder is awesome. They have a mineral cream to powder concealer that is awsome!

They are the same. Kim resells some of Monave's blush but she also has her own line (or coming up with one).

Glad to hear you like this stuff, too! I just ordered some samples from Lumiere last night, I have high hopes for this stuff. LOL. I ordered the concealer as well, I'm excited to try that... I've never had much luck with mineral concealers, but I've also never tried a cream-to-powder, so who knows!

I'm glad that it worked for you.

Personally I found that the Lumiere minerals weren't as easy to apply as my Pure Luxe. It just didn't seem to want to go on well at all. I guess it's all about finding which brand works well for you and going with that.

I haven't gotten the eyeshadows yet!!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only recently ordered them but omg I want them to come in so bad! The shades I got are:

Peacock Blue

Sapphire

Divine

Raspberry Margarita

Pink Shimmer

Champagne

Lime

Emerald

Allure

Deep Waters

Deep Forest Green

^ LOVE and adore the kabuki brush. I bought for my sisters-in-law and I'm banging my head on the wall for not getting one for myself. Touched it and it was super soft. I'm definitely getting one once the website accepts Paypal.

Back