Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do any of you know what a postal money order is? i know what it is but i just want to see if any of you know. i asked Lumiere if they accept it and their reply is what is a postal money.

I also LOVE Lumiere cosmetics. I've been getting tons of their foundations, eye shimmers and blushes. Their Veena Velvet foundation rocks and you get EXCELLENT customer service through the owner, Kim. I will patronize her products again and again. Imagine getting a ton of stuff for almost 1/3 of the price of other MMU brands, all high quality cosmetics, and free shipping? You can't beat that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did you ask if they accept "postal money order" or "postal money"? There is a difference and maybe they weren't sure what you were talking about. Lumiere has the best customer service on the planet so I think you should just ask if they accept "money orders" instead and go from there.

i asked if they accept "postal money order" and their reponse if what is "postal money". they forgot to put in the word "order". i thought they would know what it is since the company is in New York and they do use the post office to ship their packages.

Your fault that I bought 11 eyeshadows from them yesterday!!!

I know what a MO is. Some don't though, it's not unusual.

I want to try their foundations but their lightest color looks too dark for me. has anybody tried the fairly light and is it for porcelain skin types? I could always get the sample pack and see but does she let you pick the same shade for your foundation shades because I know the other colors are way too dark.and you get to pick I think 3. It is so rough being a ghost.:add_wegbrech:

Guys I need some help! I'm gonna order the sample kit but I have absolutely no idea what texture to use, the Flawless Finish or the Veena Velvet, I have oily skin.

I'm a Light in EDM and I say to choose these 3 shades: Light Warm, Medium Light Warm and Light Golden, what do you think?

Also what about the blushes? I like Siena from the pics but I don't know how red is it!

If you're oily try the Veena Velvet formula. The FF is for normal to dry skins. I think you're picking good foundation colors, but maybe instead of the light golden you might want to try the lt-med golden. I started w/the EDM light and felt it was a little too pink, even though it is described as warm/yellow. I LOVE the Lt.-Med goldens on me, they melt right in and it doesn't look like I'm wearing anything. Don't know the Sienna blush-looks pretty red in the photo to me. My favorite blushes are Neutral Pink, Poppy and Wild Rose. Hope this helps and good luck!

Ruby you're AWESOME!!!Ohhhh Ruby you are awesome!!!!!! Thanks so much for your help! And I thought that Veena Velvet was for dry skins LMAO!

Thanks for the color suggestions also! I'll get the Light Warm, Light Medium Warm and the Light Medium Golden!

I tried to find a peachy or peachy pink blush but I can't see any of these shades! I prefer the warm shades!

Ruby...what other MMU colors have you tried? I think i have a similar problem where the warms that I've tried tend to look a bit pink on me and drives me crazy because it looks so obvious. When i wore MAC studio fix, i was NC30...so for MMUs, i tried the light warms and the med. light warms..

I just switched from aromaleigh to ED minerals one difference between them is the aromaleigh has better staying power and doesn't transfer to clothing. How does lumineir stack up in regards to wearability and transference?

Cynthia- Lumiere sells just the base- no color!!! So you can lighten the lightest color even more. Maybe you could ask if they would give you the base instead of another foundation color? I am anxiously awaiting my samples- I also came away with 10 eye shadows and the concealer with my samples- they were so affordable and I love new "crayons" to play with. I loved how straight forward the foundation colors were--- 4 catagories- cool, neutral, warm and golden- then all the shades within them- at least if you know your tones it's super easy.

They have some lumiere at CVS, here at least (I think)... it never really appealed to me. The eyeshadows were always falling out of their pots inside the compact and I've never seen anyone even near the display. *shrugs* Maybe this is something else?

Gee, you sucked another person in with those rave reviews, had to take time out and order my sample kit. wish me luck.

I tried my Lumiere today, and I really like it. Right now I'm thinking I like it better than EDM, but I need to wear it for a few days to be sure. I still haven't gotten my Monave samples, and that is one that has gotten some good reviews. I've ordered so many samples, my husband thinks I've gone crazy. But, they are free (most of them...Monave's weren't free, it cost about 10 or 12 dollars to get the sample kit.)

Anyway, I hope to decide within a few weeks which one is best, and order full sizes, and then I'll be free to start another search for something else....maybe the perfect skin care routine....lol!)

has anyone tried ordering from their site today? i think there's something wrong...you can place an order but have to call them to provide your credit card number. isn't that kinda strange? i was hoping they used paypal...

OMG I just saw it!! They don't accept money through Paypal! Ohhhhhhhh :-(

Now I can't buy the sample kit!!!!!!!!

Thank you- I didnt even see that. Ill definately have to check that out. :rockwoot:

I dont think its the same company. The only minerals ive seen in stores are neutragena, physicians formula, and loreal. Plus the eyeshadows from this company are loose minerals not in compacts.

Back