Rave for Lumiere cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rejectstar, i've tried Pure Luxe, Lumiere, Meow, EDM, Alima and Lily Lolo. So that's 6 brands so far. I've also got some UGloGirl samples on the way.

Out of those i've tried so far, i've only liked Pure Luxe (love it!) and Lily Lolo. And since Lily Lolo works out to be so expensive for me, Pure Luxe seems like the way to go.

My best friend ordered and gave me a bunch of Lumiere the other day and I love it so much I'll definitely order from them in the very near future.

Their eyeshadows and blushes are incredible. I prefer them by far over EDM. No comparison in pigment quality at all. And the foundation is so creamy. She gave me a ton of VV. The sample amounts for $3.00 total absolutely worth any and everyone giving a shot, even if you think you're not fond of MMU, Lumiere just might change your mind.

I've also sampled Pure Luxe, EDM and Alima. Out of those, my favourite was probably Pure Luxe [just because it gives a bit more coverage], followed by Alima [wonderful finish, but a little too sheer] and then EDM.

I was thinking about trying UGloGirl, but I decided to go with some less expensive brands first, and if none of those suit my needs I guess I'm willing to go up a bit in price.

I just got my samples this morning, I tried the veena velvet in medium golden, WOW, what an awesome finish it has, my skin looks so perfect, the color is perfect. I also used the blush in apricot, and it really gives me a lit from within glow. I was skeptical because I am pretty set on the makeup I normally use, but this is the best foundation I have ever put on my face, hands down.

I really think that the Lumiere will be the MMU that I stick with. Lets see...I've tried EDM, Signature Minerals, Pure Lux, Aromaleigh, Monave and Lumiere so far. I have samples of Aubrey Nicole,and Fryrinnae that I haven't tried yet. I got in samples of Buff'd and Cory, but they looked so chalky, and I was overall just unimpressed, so I didn't do a full face with either of them. I have samples of Meow and Valerie Beauty on the way too. I think I'm through sampling after that!! I thought the Monave was the best, but when I put it on yesterday, it made my skin look so dry, and it seemed like it emphasized my lines. It also felt thick on. Maybe I put too much on...so I will still try them again. But, I ended up washing it off and putting Lumiere on and it felt and looked much better. I can't believe that the one that looks like it is going to be the best so far, is the least expensive (or close to anyway). And they have great customer service and shipping times.
But, of course I will update if I change my mind!

Oooh you naughty girls have made me place a sample order too! Even though after trying five other companies and telling myself that minerals arent for me!

Still, with that discount code, who can resist 3 foundation samples, blush, eyeshadow and veil samples AND shipping for only £4.50!!!! :laughing:

I hope this is 'the one'..!!

I just recieved the luminear samples and I love it so far! I really love the foundation sampler, you get to try all formulas. I used flawless face yesterday and it lasted all day without changing or fading. Today I will try vv, tommorow liquid and pressed on Monday. I can also vouch for the concealer, it's awesome.

I tried Veena Velvet yesterday, though application was easy, it didn't last through the shift and accenuated the dry spots. I would not recommend this formula for people with dry skin. Today, I will use the liquid and report back.

Thanks for your review! I think the Veena Velvet is actually supposed to be more for oily skin to control shinyness, and the Flawless Face for dry skin... it has squalane to help moisturize.

Hope the liquid works for you, I've heard pretty good things about it. It'll probably be more hydrating for your dry spots :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my Lumiere order yesterday, and I must rave! I got a free sample kit [2 Veena foundations & 1 Flawless, Clear Radiance, Silk Powder, Hazelite eyeshadow], a pressed cream-to-powder concealer, samples of both Flawless and Veena finshing powders, a sample of their pure squalane, and the synthetic kabuki. I'll share my impressions of the products I've tried so far. I already made a review of the kabuki in the Lumiere Brushes thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, the Veena Velvet foundation: I used it today, and I love it. Not dry or chalky at all. Lumiere's powders are some of the finest-milled ones I've seen... no clumps at all, just incredibly light and silky. Went on nicely and completely obliterated my pores! Gives decent coverage [although I used the concealer with it as well, so I don't know how it does on its own].

The concealer: It's wonderful. I've had a hard time with mineral concealers because they're just too dry, and most often settle into the lines under my eyes, accentuate flakies around blemishes, refuse to cover redness, and whatnot. This stuff is solid and in a little pot. You just rub it with your finger a bit and then pat it onto your skin. It just melts in, absolutely no settling into lines, and no flakies! It covers very well. Mine is the shade "Light", but I think they also have a yellow-toned one that I'd like to try for undereye circles.

Pure Squalane: Interesting stuff. It's a clear, pretty much odourless oil that's derived from olives. I wasn't quite sure how to use it, so I mixed 3 drops into my moisturizer and applied it before I went to bed last night. When I woke up my face was wonderfully smooth and hydrated. This morning after I washed my face I did the same thing, but with 2 drops instead of 3. I think it just gives an extra boost to my moisturizer and helps it go on smoother. I'm going to try it straight up under my eyes as a night cream type thing, and see how that works out.

Silk Powder: I used this as a finisher after I'd finished doing my face. It helped mattify, but wasn't drying at all and it made my skin look very smooth. It's supposed to help with oil control, while sealing in moisture and keeping your skin looking and feeling hydrated. But I've only had it on for a couple hours, so I'll have to report back on that one.

I liked the concealer too. I got the light-medium yellow toned one. I love the little swivel pot. Very handy way to take minerals. I don't have to use the concealer often but it's nice to have on hand.

I have loved every product I've purchased from Lumiere!

rejectstar- awesome review! Now I'm itching to try squalene! I do have a particularly oily T-zone and can get nasty breakouts in that area. Do you think the squalene oil is appropriate for oily skin?

The silk powder sounds promising as well!

Wow rejectstar. Great products huh? I haven't tried their Squalene but I have the EMU from them and it's the triple refined that most companie's sell like three to four times higher than Lumiere is selling it. Identical product in the same dispensing container. I love Lumiere.

Rejectstar, what a great review! And I agree with you about the high qualitiy of Lumiere products. I love all that I have from them and it's quite alot! The silk powder is one of my absolute favorites-it's the best primer/finishing powder out there in my book! I will be ordering the Squalene in my next order, as soon as she gets those new foundations out!

How long did it take everyone to receive their Lumiere orders? I ordered a sample kit a while ago, and it still hasn't come. I'm not in any rush seeing as I can hardly complain about 3$ total with no shipping costs, but I just want to get a general idea of how long the wait was. I'm super excited to try this brand after all the great reviews.

Back