Rave for Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your kind words ladies..

Candice, i've emailed you back regarding my order.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just realized you can't really see my blush in the pics..:tocktock:

Parasite Eve,

WOW, you are GORGEOUS! Milan is a great match for you- it doesn't look like you have foundation on at all.

I just got a news letter from Milan that they are adding more foundation colors aimed towards Asian skin. I am jazzed. I am not of Asian decent but always fit into this category for my foundation and sounds like I will have a match with Milan once they have added these.

I am planning an order from them on the fragrance dupes so I may try the foundations.

Hi Hoozey..

Thanks for that. Milan as already added a few lighter colours for Asian skin but on my screen it looks almost white??? I couldn't see much colour except whitish powder..

The foundation is great if you can find a match. I guess i'm just soo happy that i found my match after all sampling and buying full sizes.. hehe. I found that most minerals turns ashy on me if i layer too much. But the darker colours look too muddy & brown. Finally i found a perfect colour. I can layer till the cows come home and its still my skin colour.. *perfect* :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Parasite Eve, seeing your wonderful B/A photos is now tempting me to place an order. But I don't know if my shade is there... I may need more yellow. Did you try other shades in the "Asians" category? How would you describe them?

Hi Lilita!! *waves*

I only tried Olivia & Cynthia. Chyntia (sp) was too peach on me. But i think Olivia will def be too dark on you. When i bought the sample, Candace hasn't put up the lighter colours yet.

I think the best bet is to email her and ask. Since she's a member here, she would know how you look like and can advise you better. Sorry i'm not much help.. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

*waves back*

OK, I think I'll wait till the lighter colors are up. In the meantime I am looking at the blushes and gel liners and perfumes - wow, these are great prices too!

I was just on the Milan site and their forum and found more beautiful newly added colors. I can't wait to get truth, fluff pink, and do right.

Parasite Eve.....You're Gorgeous! with & w/o the mmu. Based on your raves, I've got to try them out! Thanks for the great posts

hi ruby2, No I haven't tried any MM yet. Have you?

I am waiting on some J. Lynne foundation samples... taking things one step at a time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No I haven't tried them yet either. I want to order a perfume dupe but am waiting till they get their roller ball applicators back in. I think their colors might be a bit dark for me, but can't really tell yet! They had a photo of a chart for the new Asian colors and referenced your name so I thought it was your chart!

This sounds like it may be the company that a friend gave samples of eyeshadow from. May I ask if the foundation color of Olivia on the website is true to real life? I am Japanese and a little lighter than you are. What would you recommend? I wear Medium 3.0 in BE, thank you.

Hi Ruby2

No, it wasn't my chart :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Candace very graciously wrote to me and said she gave me credit because she used the chart idea. (How sweet of her!) If you decide to order Milan samples, please let me know which shades work for you! Oh dear, I also splurged on a Philosophy flat top brush this week...

Oh, that makes sense and how nice of her to give you credit! I will definitely let you know if I order samples, but it was kind of hard to tell on my screen what may work. You'll have to tell me how you like that Philosophy brush-I've had my eye on that and I have a gift card to use at Sephora so it won't cost me anything! I am hoping the Lumiere pre-buy brushes will be as nice as the Kabuki. I ordered 2 of the flat tops there, couldn't resist for $8 each.

Aggg!!! I cannot find a match with J.Lynne! Lillita, you appear to be the same color as I. Please what foundation color did you order in JLynne?

Hi Bridge, not Lilita and sorry for butting in, but L and I are pretty similar in our colors and I wear 1.5 in J Lynne.

Back