Rave for Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I would say it is probably too light for a MAC 35 or darker. I am an NC30 and it's quite light on me, but still visible. HTH!

Thanks Ruby.. so it would be too chalky to be used as a blusher for someone like me? I think my picture is at the first page of this thread.

Sorry about all the questions.. hehe

Parasite you are lovely! I do think it would be light on your skin, but I wouldn't call it chalky at all. Only way to know for sure is to get a small jar!

Ruby-

Would Cotton Candy be a good one for my mom? I want to get her a pink that she doesn't have to worry about application- you know how some colors can be so intense and she is a MU newbie. Her coloring is similar to mine. Thanks!

It's definitely got a sheen to it, so I'm not sure. Does she like the matte look better? Have you tried any of Monave's lighter blushes? Damask and Star Lily are really nice. What about Lumiere's Veena Poppy Blush or Delicate Pink Mineral Blush? Those are both very soft, matte colors. I have them both and like them alot. EDM's Nick Nack is a pretty soft/neutral pink too and you can get her a mini size. If you order the Milan Cheeky sale you can always give her the fiber optic brush to use too. Let me know if you need more ideas!

She's never used makeup--- had it on twice in her life but wants to start now. I think I have Lumiere's Delicate Pink and gave to my daughter. I may get her Lumiere's Neutral Pink because that is a little more color but also matte. I am definitely doing the Cheeky sale... full size PIP and then the hard part comes... what other two? They all look so yummy!

I don't think you can go wrong w/NP! Maybe you can give her a little sample of the Delicate Pink too since you have it already! Are you putting a basket together for her? What a sweet daughter you are. Your mom sounds like mine too-I don't think my mother has ever worn foundation or blush, but she will use a little eyebrow powder and lipstick for church, etc. Have fun shopping!

My mom has honestly never worn makeup other than those 2 times a friend applied it. Now that she is retired she is wearing nail polish and actually got her eye brows plucked. When she visited at Xmas she'd just got them plucked and it was shockingly noticable. (I think she needs to let them fill in a little- you can't really go from caterpillars to barely there- she looks a little surpised because of this.) I told her for Mother's Day I was making up a basic MMU kit of my favorites.

Hoozey your so sweet to your mom! Here comes my mom last night, she comes over with this ad she ripped out of a magazine that had 6 eyeshadow shades......................." Candace I was going to go buy these.......but don't you have these shades?" :laughing:

Then there are the times she's out of foundation or something and here she comes with the " Oh Candace....how much do I OWE you for these? " ( when she knows darn well I'm not going to charge her! ) lol

I love being able to do for my mom now because she was the rock when I was a kid. I could never repay her but I won't stop trying. For her birthday she wanted me to sew her some sarongs for her swim suits- she's going on a cruise to Alaska in June- maybe I should tell her to look you up? :glasses:

Lol she can look me up but tell her she wont need those sarongs on an Alaskan cruise! :rotfl: ................even in June!

Ah, you guys are so sweet to your Mamma's. Enjoy them nothing worse than losing your Mom its almost 5 years since I lost my Mom and it still seems like yesterday and I miss her so much.

Now-Speaking of blushes, whats the best way to put it on I have heard it helps if you use a cotton ball if you are looking to put it on lighter. I dont have 1 cottonball so I dont know but was wondering it anyone does this??

Hi Hoozey, hate to butt in but I was reading the posts and I have a sample of Lumiere's Neutral Pink and when you were talking about your mom I thought of that being a perfect no troubles color for her. Just butting in to help:add_wegbrech:

I think it starts in Florida and then heads up there. She's excited.

Coromo-

I agree with you about Neutral Pink. It's soft, wearable but not too light either. Foolproof.

dlwt-

To get a soft blush look, I use a regular blush brush but only use the dust that clings to the lid after I've tapped it lightly with a brush. If I need more, I will close it back up and reload the lid rather than dip into minerals because this method keeps me from ODing on blush.

Back