Rave for Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no! Ruby2, if you are 1.5, I think the colors I ordered may be too dark! :frown:

I got the "Mediums" (warm & golden) because 1.5 looked really pale on my monitor... I should've consulted with you first... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilita,

Yeah, but you are already getting tanned so they may just be PERFECT! 1.5 is my winter color. Wait and see how they look, you can always order more. I have tons of samples of JL, because I was relatively new to MMU when I got into her brand and didn't have they "eye" for matching colors that I have now. Jess is really wonderful to do business with! Good luck and let me know how it goes.

ruby2 - My samples arrived yesterday and I do think the Mediums are way too dark. I did get a "Light Warm" which was the right depth... could work ... I think I need to try Light/Ivory Gold & Light Gold. But anyway, my skin hasn't been good these past couple of days so I have been distracted by that and I don't know yet how I feel about JL... The coverage is nice though.

Lilita-

I love how analytical you are. Not judging JL because you are distracted by your skin lately. Can't wait for your reveiw.

Analytical? LOL.

( I know my skin is bad when even my usual HGs look bad on me. boohoo)

Lilita-

Sorry you're having bad skin days.:10: I have to say I occasionally have this but it's much less since MMU. I find that usually my bad skin days are because I've done something like hair removal and my skin has totally revolted from such treatment. Of course this is usually before some big event and then I am praying that my MMU will cover enough. I should KNOW better. :doh:

Lilita, keep sampling and don't give up yet! Sorry to hear that your skin has been acting up. Mine has too, but Emu oil seems to help alot.

I think it might be because I have started swimming again ... I think the chlorinated pool water has messing with my skin.

Do you ladies know what effect emu oil has on pores? I have been using emu oil every night for the past 2 weeks and though my skin feels less dry, the pores on my cheeks seem to be getting bigger :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not sure if this is related to the oil or not...

No I don't, but why don't you post that question over at the Lumiere forum. I'm sure someone/Kim can answer that. Sorry to hear that too!

I got my Milan order today-it only took 3 days from Anchorage to NY-unbelievable fast shipping! I got the "famous" Pretty in Pink and Baby Girl blushes and 2 of the fragrance dupes-Philosophy's Pure Grace and jo Malone French Lime Blossom. The Pure Grace is identical and the FLB is pretty close, but not an exact dupe to my nose. One thing I did notice is that the tops of the 5 gram jars do not close very well-the trhreads are off or something. Did anyone else have this problem? I am just worried about spillage if I travel w/them. Milan is top notch though and Candace is wonderful!

Ruby-

Sometimes when I find the threads aren't working it seems to be the sifter isn't all the way in. Try that just in case that's the problem.

Can't wait to hear how you like Milan!

Thanks Hoozey, that never occured to me. I will look at the sifter first before I think about atttempting a transfer! I will try the PIP tomorrow and report in.

Ruby I read your testimonial (I think) about the Pretty in Pink from Milan on another board. Was that you? I have a little bit of that color and believe me not even enough to be a sample (* the small amount didn't come from Milan everybody but from NY Latin who treats it like it's GOLD!)

Hoozey, thanks for telling me about the sifters-that was indeed the problem! I pushed them down and the jars closed much better, still not completely tight, but good enough.

Icecookies-are you talking about the MMM board? Yes I did post about Milan and Candace being so wonderful. You better get yourself a jar of that PIP soon! That small jar will last a long time I think!

Sounds like you really need to get your own PIP! I am usually pretty generous myself but I am not sure I would part with it either! :rotfl:

Ruby-

Glad my sifter thing helped. I am just a wealth of odd knowledge like that. :laughing:

is milan minerals ashy? im an african american and so far all the MMUs ive tried are really ashy..no matter how DARK they are!

I just ordered a sample of foundation so can't answer that part for you. I do have a couple of blushes and they are gorgeous (Pretty in Pink, Babygirl and Cotton Candy), and I just ordered some more w/their sale! I'm sure Candace will answer you soon.

Ruby2, Can you please describe cotton Candy? I want to buy it as a blusher but i am scared that it may be too light for my skin? Do u mind a swatch?

Thanks.

Well it is a pretty light, but vibrant pink and the name "cotton candy" is pretty accurate. and I don't have a digital camera at the moment so can't do a swatch. I'm sorry about that, I know this isn't much help. Maybe Candace can do a swatch for you?

Back